Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

FF7 any leader proof of concept

(1/3) > >>

ultima espio:
It's actually really easy, all you need to do is just merge Cloud's codes with the other guys. Here's 2 videos to show it does work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrCba7lzYWI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FXYlIssXAc

Simply put, in order to do that, you just need to take Cloud's scripts and put them on the other characters, moving any other scripts into other slots if necessary. So far I've managed to get Kalm town to the end of the mythril mines playable as Aeris, with only Kalm being able to have Cloud as a party member at the moment.

Sega Chief:
How versatile can this method be? Could it let you organise parties like in FF6 where anybody could be the party 'leader' and swap in/out any character outside of plot-critical events (like the Cid train thing)? Or would it be a mountain of work to enable that for every character?

ultima espio:
Pretty much like FF6, except you need to change screens for your leader to be updated. Once it's set up for one character, it's really easy to get the others in it too.

It would take a while to get it all done, but luckily it's mostly copy and paste.

Note that your leader can only be changed by PHS, NOT order in the menu. To get Aeris and Cloud swapped, I had to unlock Cloud, replace him with Aeris, then exit the menu, go back in, replace Barret for Cloud.

Sega Chief:
It looks like a great project; unless there's a max file size limit for the flevel then this should work out really well.

I've been doing the whole replacing the main character thing a different way, going through the game's flevel and swapping the skeleton/animation file names around scene by scene and editing the models used by the mini-games and world map. Is there a way to get this mod of yours working for the world map, though? Is it going to need extra models, new animations, etc. added to the world_us.lgp to account for every character (assuming the game can be made to read them) or will it default to Cloud/Tifa/Cid's model?

BloodShot:
Very cool, I'd love to be able to swap out field characters.

I'm guessing there hasn't been any progress on the FFVIII style following mod you made a while back, huh? Was really looking forward to that too even with glitches :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version