Author Topic: FF:CC - 1.5 seconds of footage, woo!  (Read 16927 times)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
FF:CC - 1.5 seconds of footage, woo!
« Reply #25 on: 2002-09-23 21:18:53 »
Yeah but Mario still has crap graphics (imo haha).

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2002-09-24 01:19:49 »
Compare this http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/gcn_specs.jsp to this http://www.us.playstation.com/hardware/PS2/415007657.asp. If you know stuff about hardware, you can tell GC is better. One thing about PS2, though, LINUX!!! LINUX!!! http://www.us.playstation.com/hardware/more/SCPH-97047.asp

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
« Reply #27 on: 2002-09-24 01:42:48 »
I personally don't care if console A can do 45 more polygons than console B or if console C has a superduper thingy.
All that matters to me is the games and i'll play whatever games i likes. and since most games now are being made for all 3 consoles, it dosen't matter what one i get

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #28 on: 2002-09-24 03:39:16 »
Well, even though I still think Gamecube is graphically superior to PS2, let's look at the games.

Games I want on PS2:
FFX, possibly MGS

Games I want on Gamecube:
Star Wars RL, SSB:M, Pikmin, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Mario Sunshine, Star Fox: Adventures, Zelda, Super Monkey Ball / Super Monkey Ball 2, and others (not to mention the GBA games)

X-Box:
None

I really have always liked Nintendo-style games and have been less interested in these more "mature" games (fps i.e. Halo, scary bloody zombie shooters i.e. Resident Evil) that have many people's interest currently.

Some of my favorite games ever have really crappy graphics (by today's standard).  Starcraft, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Pokémon for example.  Graphics don't matter as much... but they're still cool.

Enough rambling.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2002-09-24 09:15:06 »
sfx1999: Specs dont mean shit when it comes to Consoles.

Aaron: Is it me or are half those games not even out yet? But bah. I got tired of kiddie nintendo games a long while back me thinks.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2002-09-24 09:59:57 »
Maybe you just got tired of having fun?

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2002-09-24 18:50:17 »
If X-BOX used an AMD processor, I would probably wan't one...

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2002-09-24 19:23:53 »
The only real reason I got an Xbox is cos my friend has one, and after playing Halo I just had to get one too. Plus playing 8 player deathmatches with all you mates is great.

I wouldn't mind having a PS2, but don't any of you get tired of playing remakes of the same Nintendo games over and over again? The Mario/Sonic/Pokemon/Zelda/Starfox games by Nintendo are almost getting as repetitive as the Street Fighter games. That's what put me off the Gamecube, and the fact that it's so small I'd probably lose it. :lol:

Hmm, reasons to buy the consoles?

PS2: Final Fantasy (of course), plus the fact that most game companies are jumping on the bandwagon because of its popularity.

Gamecube: ...the new Mario game looks interesting, but not worth splashing out £130 for.

Xbox: Halo, Halo 2, Splinter Cell, MGS2: Substance, Project Ego. That's about it, a lot of game companies seem to be afraid of making games for the Xbox, but put those games in my rack and I won't leave my room for months. Oh, and I like the Xbox's hardrive, it's a lot easier to borrow a friend's CD and burn the album onto the Xbox than copy it onto another CD, and since it's hooked up to my hi-fi I get the good 4 speaker quality. Oh, and the fact that it supports 5.1 for DVDs, music AND games, unlike the PS2.
I think the only downside of the Xbox is the amount of noise it makes, it's a lot quiter than a PC, but the fan's a little loud for my liking. A lot of people complain about the size, but come on, the PS2 looks like a radiator and the Gamecube would probably get blown out the window if a draft gets past the door.

Well, that's my two pennies.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2002-09-24 20:12:49 »
Quote from: eerrrr
are almost getting as repetitive as the Street Fighter games.

Most of Capcoms latest Street Fighers have been good...

Any way. Its nice to see some feedback from an X-Box fanboy! Nice going eerrrr.

Down with teh Game Cube.. or something :D

Btw is Spliter Cell out for X-Box yet? The preview I saw in Pc Zone a bit back made me droolz.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #34 on: 2002-09-24 22:11:49 »
Quote from: eerrrr
Xbox: ..., MGS2: Substance...

Don't bring MSG2: Substance into this. It's also be developed for PS2 and PC. (PC version is gonna kick every other version's ass!)

Kendrilian

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/thenexusforce
« Reply #35 on: 2002-09-24 23:35:35 »
Herr Canealot, of course they haven't come out yet, Aaron said "want".  But what I wanna know is why the ones he has are on it... but I guess it saves making 2 lists.

The reason not to get an X-Box:  it's made by MicroSoft.

The reason not to get a PlayStation II: the 2 Final Fantasy's that have come out suck.

The reason not to get a GameCube:  Nintendo Games are usually more kiddy.

The reasons to get an X-Box:  better graphics, alotta first person shooters (I don't care about that one), Dead or Alive III.

The reasons to get a PlayStation II:  The Oshimo (or however you spell it) Series (I&II), XenoSaga, Maybe future Final Fantasy's IF they get better.

The reasons to get a GameCube:  Dr. Mario, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Captian Falcon, GannonDorf, Young Link, Link, Zelda (Sheik), Samus, Kirby, Ness, Ice Climbers, Fox, Falco, Pichu, Pikachu, MewTwo, MR. GAME AND WATCH!, Marth, and Roy... NOT to mention the other games that come out for it! :P

Kendrilian :wicked:

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #36 on: 2002-09-25 08:34:11 »
Those reasons to get a GameCube sounds just like the reason I'm going to get it. But I can break it down into two different titles: Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the new Legend of Zelda game.

I'm gonna get a PS2 so I can play FFX (I own a copy, but I don't own a system), and Gundam: Journey to Jabrow. (If that game had multiplayer it would have been awesome!)

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2002-09-25 12:06:58 »
I had to get an Xbox too after playing Halo :) and I am waiting for quite a few games for it, although Metriod is no 1 on my list.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2002-09-25 14:25:20 »
MOT!! THAT IS EVIL!  YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED!

Kendilian :wicked:

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2002-09-25 16:16:41 »
I know, but I feel microsoft could have done a better job, I have had to stop playing 3 times now because the controller has become too painful to use, I want to use my GC one.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2002-09-25 19:34:51 »
Why don't you simply get a Controller S for your X-Box?

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2002-09-25 22:22:06 »
Kendrilian... FFX owned... f00.

The X-Boxs controller acording to one person I know is extremely comfy to use once to get used to it, and he had experienced no pain or strains while useing it like other controllers hes used.

Me myself I could see myself getting uncomfy with the GC controller as its a bit small for my hands (even though my hands are smallish). The X-Box controller I've found very good for playing Halo (provided I could set the controlls up like Mouse and Keyboard eg: stick on right look around, d-pad move up/down/left/right), allthough it was pretty bad for DOA3 (ita all about getting a Psx-X-Box adaptor from Lik Sang and useing l33t Psx pads and arcade sticks for Doa3 heh). So Imo X-Box controller IS good once you get used to it... but its not great for every thing like the Ps2 controller is. Controller S for the X-Box is supposed to be about as bad/good as the normal one.. better with some games, worse with others.

But any way M0T... take teh pain. Its not about having to stop playing cause your hands are hurting. Now I'm on a desk without a wrist rest many a time my wrists hurt when playing UT for hours online... but I know its just because I'm useing muscles I dont use often, and working though the pain will simply increase my muscle mass and make me more atractive to women.

*shrugs* Same thing.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2002-09-26 07:21:05 »
LOL

There are very few muscle groups in your hand so any pain you experiance there is likely to bee Strain injury or even the onset of CPS, which means you should stop.
Co-incidentally the Psx pads give me this and also the snes pads (but thats because they are small)  I also have never experianced discomfort from the dreamcast controller which everyone talks about.

Kendrilian

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2002-09-26 13:39:33 »
Canealot, I do not have FFX.  As a matter of fact, I hate it!  It is just a junky game...  The X-Box controller is just wierd, I agree with you there Mot.  GameCube and PlayStation Controllers are pretty much the same shape so using them is no problem if you have used one of them before.  The only problem I have experience with the GameCube controller is rolling my finger along the D-Pad because it is not used much...

Kendrilian :wicked:

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2002-09-26 14:10:56 »
Quote from: M0T
LOL

There are very few muscle groups in your hand so any pain you experiance there is likely to bee Strain injury or even the onset of CPS, which means you should stop.

The reason you feel strain is becuase your over useing muscles you normally dont use much. So if you play a LOT of games (like I do) muscle string should be a very rare thing (I ocationly get very rare cases when playing Tekken on arcade stick with my freinds for hours on end, thats because I've only been useing arcade stick for about 7 months, so I've not had the time to build up my mighty sholder heh). String useing a game pad of any form would never happen to me, and string from a keyboard is very rare these days. Just gotta build up init.

However saying that, if your in more than very mild pain you SHOULD stop heh. No point digging a dagger into an open wound to try and get used to pain so to speak.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #45 on: 2002-09-26 22:32:34 »
Ok, I feel like I have to say some stuff.

Obviously Kendrilian doesn't like FFX, but I know that all he's played is the beginning... maybe you should keep a more open mind until you get the chance to play more of it, because everyone I know who's played it (besides you) likes it.

Obviously Sir Canealot is pro-X-box and anti-Gamecube, and MOT is pro-Gamecube and anti-X-Box controller... maybe we should stop argueing becuase I don't think that any of us is gonna convince anyone else to change their opinion on this right now.

Ah well, that's it for now.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #46 on: 2002-09-27 02:15:16 »
I'd like to point out that on Ebay, you can buy adapters for whatever control you like to use, ot juts about any system you want. So you could use a PS2 control on a gamecube, or a gamecube on an X-Box. (Although I don't know if they make those yet, but it stands to reason that they do.)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2002-09-27 13:45:44 »
Thats what its all about heh. Useing l33t Ps2 joypads and arcade sticks on your GC/X-Box :)

But you can get them on Ebay? What did you search for? I've looked for Psx-Pc adaptors on ebay before (since my dad wont let me order off Lik-Sang) and theres been none thus far.

M0T

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2002-09-27 15:15:36 »
I'm not antin Xbox controller as in I prefer the layout of the buttons I just don't like the controller size and handle shape.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
« Reply #49 on: 2002-09-27 21:00:43 »
uhmm... I just entered "Playstation PC controller" and got 40 items, most of which are PS1/2 to PC adapters.

Similarly, I just entered "Playstation Xbox controller" and got 14 items, most of which are PS1/2 to Xbox converters.

They're out there, you just need to search for the right things.