Author Topic: More technical updates...  (Read 14140 times)

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
More technical updates...
« Reply #25 on: 2002-12-31 20:03:40 »
Well, for texture IDs you could just check the last 'combined' part, since that contains the whole location, and will therefore contain every texture needed for the location...

But, hmm, I don't know much at all about the PSX version, so I can't really help you with regards to getting Zangan working on it...

Cyberman

• View Profile
Erg... he said!
« Reply #26 on: 2002-12-31 21:42:26 »
Code: [Select]

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
typedef union
{
   struct { float X, Y, Z; } Point;
   float Data[3];
} Point3d;
typedef struct
{
   float S, T;
} TexCoord;
typedef struct
{
   TexCoord    TexC;
   int         RGBAColor;
   Point3d     Vertex;
} IntVertex;
typedef struct
{
   int   Tex;
   int   Min, Max;
   int   RSV;
   int  *Indices;
} Group;
typedef struct
{
   int         TexCnt, VertCnt, GroupCnt;
   int        *Texs;
   IntVertex  *Verts;
   Group      *Groups;
   int        *IndCnts;
} Part;

Ok .. here are my 'structures' etc. for this.. somehow something doesn't make sense with the Groups.. is the Indice Count the same as the Group Count or is it the number of Indices in the group? And for the Indices in the group they are just an array of ints which indicate... what? Min Max those are? First and  Last Vertexs? Indices are a vertex list as well? These values point into the Verts?

As for what I'm doing (as if it were interesting ;) ) I'm moving groups into Meshs.. and then applying the textures however I suspect this is not correct because the Verts have a point to the Texture and a 2d Offset into that Texture where it seems to 'apply' to the object.. hmmm.

Cyb

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2003-01-01 03:35:50 »
Anyone have any data I can test with the plugin I finished?
I've got the uv_mapping (IE tex coordinates) done and the the texture dumping (amazing considering how clueless I was helps to read the documentation at least twice).

All I really need is some data to debug it with. (and later give a screen shot of the output).

One question did come to mind I take it that no normal information is available at the vertices of the triangle?  That would stink but I'll live if nothing like that exists. I suppose I could try and create normals to it but I would have to make a lot of assumptions.

I suppose I could send it to someone to try except for the fact that it's not debuged yet.

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: 2003-01-01 19:21:42 »
Eh, I'd send you a location from the game (I doubt Square'll care about us exchanging 15 files out of the 11,000 in battle.lgp) but my own computer has no net access at the moment. If noone else does, I can do so next week when I return to uni...

As for normals; P files *can* contain them but don't necessarily. HRC models do, I think always. Battle models don't. I'm not sure about the *locations* but I think they don't. Zangan doesn't read them, anyway, although I suppose they *could* be there - I doubt it, though.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2003-01-02 02:52:19 »
Quote from: ficedula
Eh, I'd send you a location from the game (I doubt Square'll care about us exchanging 15 files out of the 11,000 in battle.lgp) but my own computer has no net access at the moment. If noone else does, I can do so next week when I return to uni...

As for normals; P files *can* contain them but don't necessarily. HRC models do, I think always. Battle models don't. I'm not sure about the *locations* but I think they don't. Zangan doesn't read them, anyway, although I suppose they *could* be there - I doubt it, though.

Oh... hmmm good point backgrounds don't need normals.. normally ;)

It's not a big deal I wanted to see if it worked and fix bugs if there were any.
(yeah IF snicker).

Anyhow That's done I have to get some other things working I guess :)

Cyb