Author Topic: Weird FF7 problem...haven't found a solution yet  (Read 2083 times)

sKy

Weird FF7 problem...haven't found a solution yet
« on: 2006-04-24 19:49:19 »
I've been searching these forums and other websites looking for any patch that might fix my problem, but I've found none so far. I just installed FFVII on my computer* the other day, and it's like the up and left keys are constantly and randomly being tapped. It has nothing to do with the specific keys, because changing the configuration didn't solve anything. When I open my menu the pointer keeps moving up, and when I enter a battle it moves up and left, so that I'll always select "Change" instead of "Attack".

I didn't install the Yamaha Synthesizer at first, but then last night I did and when I sleect that player, it's like the buttons are being tapped less. It still happens, but not nearly as much as it does when I'm not using the Yamaha Synthesizer. Problem is, something's wrong with the sound and the music constantly gets stuck (some patch may fix this; I haven't checked sound patches yet).

So basically I don't know what's wrong. I'm going to download a sound patch to try and fix the sound issues, and since it seems like the button-tapping is somehow linked with the Synthesizer, that may fix it altogether. But if anyone else has experienced this, please let me know how you fixed it.

Thanks.

*Specs:
-PIII 700 mHz processor
-256 MB RAM
-nVidia GeForce 256
-Generic sound card (I don't know what model)

-Standard Install (I always get an error when I try Max Install)
-1.02 patch

Sad Jari

Re: Weird FF7 problem...haven't found a solution yet
« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-24 19:58:36 »
Quote from: sKy
When I open my menu the pointer keeps moving up, and when I enter a battle it moves up and left, so that I'll always select "Change" instead of "Attack".

Do you have a joystick or analog gamepad connected?

If so, disconnect them and try again.

sKy

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-24 20:04:00 »
Ah-ah-ah...that might be the problem.

someBodyOnceToldMe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-24 23:12:18 »
Quote from: sKy
Ah-ah-ah...that might be the problem.

i have an adapter that hooks PS2 controllers to a computer via USB and many times have the same problem. the adapter pretty much sucks, and while sitting there, will sometimes randomly just turn off and on. and if you're holding a key when it turns on, then that key is like permanantly pressed.

how did you get the gamepad to function properly? my POV arrows were not selectable on the configuration list in the game, so i had to use the program JoyToKey to bypass it.

sKy

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-25 03:07:09 »
how did you get the gamepad to function properly? my POV arrows were not selectable on the configuration list in the game, so i had to use the program JoyToKey to bypass it.

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking how I play FFVII with my gamepad?

I don't. I use it for my emulators, nothing else. I use the keyboard to play FFVII. I just have it plugged in all the time, because it's less of a hassle that way. I haven't had time to test it out, but by the sound of things, simply unplugging it should do the trick. If that works, thanks for the advice. If not, screw you.

Just kidding.