Author Topic: Question about Swaping Battle Animations  (Read 3973 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
Question about Swaping Battle Animations
« on: 2006-05-15 08:05:24 »
I was wondering if anyone has done this.  The English version of the Supernova move is way tooo long.  Is there a way for me to swap the japanese vesrion of the animation to the english disc?

Izban

• View Profile
Re: Question about Swaping Battle Animations
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-17 08:13:58 »
for pc or for the psx version you cant do it for the psx version  but the pc version it would just be an easy fileswap

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-17 17:50:27 »
i didnt know there was a differance in the battle annimations, ff7 is full of mysteries , how did you get the copy of the japanese version

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-23 00:16:37 »
The English "Super Nova" attack is very long and inaccurate. It's inaccurate because this game obviously does not take place on any planet in our solar system, yet you see it abolish Pluto, Jupiter, etc.

It freakin' takes about a minute, maybe a minute and a half. The Japanese version is quite a bit nicer in length.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-24 12:30:16 »
I would like to see images or better yet a video of this supernova...

happsai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-25 18:10:52 »
Here you go.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sa-TJAGM40o&search=super%20nova

It's okay kids!  The planets come back when Sephiroth casts super-nova again on his next turn.

...the galaxy collapsing only causes a few thousand HPs in damage...  About the same as Yuffie throwing her weapon... makes sense.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-25 18:28:53 »
I meant of tha Japanese one!

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-25 19:17:57 »
Quote from: happsai
...the galaxy collapsing only causes a few thousand HPs in damage...  About the same as Yuffie throwing her weapon... makes sense.

I guess it would have done more damage if Sephiroth was a little more accurate.  He destroyed five planets before reaching his intended target.  :-D

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-30 00:38:39 »
Thanks guys.  I have found solution to my problem and I simply god rid of Supernova and replaced it with anohter animation.  And this time Supernova is actually a threat tooo.  It will kill if the HP is not high enough.