Author Topic: Remake Project Story Ideas  (Read 11114 times)

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
Remake Project Story Ideas
« Reply #25 on: 2001-11-12 08:30:00 »
In order to make MIDI files you need something that'll connect to the MIDI-IN (otherwise known as the joystick port :wink: ) on your sound card, generally that means a keyboards. Only other option is to use computer keyboard/mouse .... not very fun.

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2001-11-12 15:58:00 »
fice, you said the Remake's gonna support MP3 etc. right? Well I've been playing the guitar for 3 years now, and I've got all the appropriate programs to make a guitar and other live instrumental recordings sound good, like Sound Forge, Cubase, Vegas, etc. So if vvalentine recorded himself playing the tune, maybe I could do some backing parts and add some orchestral parts if you like,  using high quality SFs to make it a great sounding MP3 remix. Then if you're gonna make FMV sequences (Sephiroth3D?) you could add it to one based on Vincent.
Or vvalentine could send me his recording and I could write a MIDI from it.
What do you say? :grin:

ficedula

• View Profile
    • http://www.ficedula.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: 2001-11-12 16:11:00 »
Um. Speaking as the engine programmer, the engine supports MP3s. That's a bit different to "the final game will includes MP3's in it". We may want to stick to MID's for filesize purposes. Then again, maybe not ... it's something the project team needs to decide.

vvalentine

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2001-11-12 20:59:00 »
That is a great idea eerrrr.  I have been playing the guitar close to 6 years, but I haven't played much lately.  I am practicing to get my skill back, but I don't get too much time to play.  So everyday I am practicing 30 minutes to an hour.  I have learned most of the song in the guitar, but there are some difficult parts that I need to master in order to play very well.  The thing that I was thinking is that Vincent Valentine should play the guitar.  Guitar players are usually loners and when they are depressed they play the guitar.  That fits for me and VIncent Valentine.  There should be a scene where Vincent is depressed (after proposing to Lucrecia), and he goes to his room (In Shin-ra mansion, where he is staying with Hojo, Gast, and Lucrecia) and plays the guitar.  The MP3 then could come into place.

eerrrr:   I could play the guitar part, but there are other things that need to be added to the tune.  Maybe we could do other tunes too.

-vvalentine :grin: