Author Topic: Problems Installing FF7  (Read 2659 times)

Atrain83

Problems Installing FF7
« on: 2007-05-14 02:51:20 »
I am using an original copy of FF7 for PC.  When putting in the installer CD, the screen comes up to get started like normal (all black screen with the picture of midgar and the INSTALL, and other options.)  Problem is, I hit INSTALL and I go back to desktop and my cursor has an hour glass next to it for a brief few seconds, and then goes away and nothing happens.

I have tried exploring the cd and opening the installer or setup directly but I just get the same thing.  I can even see setup.exe*32 or whatever on my processes screen of my Task Manager.  I have also tried setting affinity to one cpu instead of both since I am working with dual core.

What I am working with at the moment -
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual processor 4800+ 2.41 GHz
2 gb ram
Windows XP Professional x64
GeForce 6800 XTreme 256 MB DDR3 (x2 SLI)

Any help/suggestions would be awesome.  Been craving to play FF7 again as it has always been my favorite RPG of all time.

Zack

• View Profile
Re: Problems Installing FF7
« Reply #1 on: 2007-05-14 15:52:14 »
Have you tried right clicking on the setup.exe and then selecting properties. If you select the compatibility tab and change it to windows 98 it might help.

Atrain83

« Reply #2 on: 2007-05-14 19:43:14 »
I have tried that as well, still nothing.  At first I thought maybe it had something to do with my DVD rom/ dvd writer not reading correctly, but if that were the case the autorun wouldn't even work at all either, and it does.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-05-15 12:55:10 »
You can see if you got AUTOEXEC.NT file in your C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.

if not then that what wrong

Atrain83

« Reply #4 on: 2007-05-16 03:41:25 »
Well, I didn't, but I did follow instructions off of Microsoft's website on how to create an Autoexec.nt file and got it in there.  Still nothing.  Made sure I made it a read only and everything.