Author Topic: New Here  (Read 2630 times)

Vincent Valentine

New Here
« on: 2010-03-06 02:06:48 »
Hi I'm new here and I'm wondering if anyone would mind teaching me how to texture models/create 3d models and if not that, tell me what tools I'd need, so I could teach my self. I got the urge to try 3d modeling from looking at works by some qhimm members, notable ones are timu sumisu, apz freak, and millenia. But i suspect they've been doing this for quite some time to get that good. Sorry if i forgot any of the other greats.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-06 02:58:16 »
Blender (free), Maya, 3dsMax (very costly) for modeling. Photoshop for texturing.

Those are your tools, I sadly am just learning the trade myself. Good luck to you.

P.S welcome to the Forums :D

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-06 03:00:49 »
Welcome!

Glad you feel inspired! I'd suggest starting with blender as its free and the blender community is very supportive. There are plenty of tutorials to get you started, and my best advice is practice. Once you know your way around blender and have made a few objects I suggest examining other peoples models (professional ones ideally) n study how they're made, and go for it yourself!

Vincent Valentine

« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-07 23:16:30 »
Thanks I'll try that, who knows maybe I'll make something ground-breaking in the future?  ;)

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-03-08 00:13:14 »
same here, after watching watching what these guys can do here, it's just a sin to not learn to do this myself.