Author Topic: Altering enemys colors in the PSX version  (Read 4389 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Altering enemys colors in the PSX version
« on: 2009-06-13 19:28:09 »
I decided to make a new topic after the old one was over 60 days old.

What i wanted to do was something along the lines of this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rztpryxMIRI (all black) would be good for enemies i have already used to make them look different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEd3q17JEJo (ummm i think the brightness or gamma is increased with this one)

So yeah you get the idea of what i want to do, Make it so that the enemies look different if you face them more than once in the game.
If anyone could help I would very much appreciate it. If i can get this done there is possibly a chance of shadows been in my patch (yes im calling it that)
shadows been allies you fight.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Altering enemys colors in the PSX version
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-13 20:13:16 »
Dunno exactly how to do it, but maybe you could try playing around with some of the unknown arguments from the wallmarket.dat file (open it with notepad and scroll down). Since one can change an enemy's size by editing the AI...

Anyway,

If i can get this done there is possibly a chance of shadows been in my patch (yes im calling it that)
shadows been allies you fight.

Does this mean that you've worked out how to make allies into enemies without any of the problems we found before?  :|

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-13 20:24:24 »

Does this mean that you've worked out how to make allies into enemies without any of the problems we found before?  :|
[/quote]

Yeah i managed to make a fully functional fight using sephiroth.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-13 23:54:41 »
Yeah i managed to make a fully functional fight using sephiroth.
Dude! I can see it now... an epic battle with shadow-cloud! Perhaps as a final fight?

IDEA!

FINAL BATTLE LOCATION: 3 enemies...
1:Shadow Aerith: Sephiroth messing with Cloud's mind, making him think that Aerith blamed him for her death.
2:Shadow Cloud: Cloud confronting his inner darkness/inner Jenova to be at peace with himself(temporarily) so he could face Sephiroth.
3:Sephiroth: Final fight to "Banish" Sephiroth and save the planet!!!

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-14 00:20:31 »
These are all very good ideas i suppose i should tell you how it all works. What i do is replace the model with a character model....... yeah you heard right i replaced say ruby with cloud and then crafted a cloud AI for him using all his animations which is incredibly tedious so you can see this would require alot of work.