Author Topic: 4x-Cut single/all toggle? (PSX)  (Read 2040 times)

Randompiggy

4x-Cut single/all toggle? (PSX)
« on: 2012-03-03 02:35:34 »
Is it possible to make 4x-Cut have a toggle for single/all enemies? I tried opening the KERNEL.bin with WallMarket and enabling 'Toggle Multiple' in 4x-Cut under the Command tab, but when I apply the change, it doesn't work when I try it out in-game as it just selects all enemies like normal. I tried toggling some of the other choices but just can't seem to get it to work, so I'm wondering if I can get the desired results using WM (if so, how?) or will I need to edit other files? I know this is a silly question, but I'm not good with this stuff.

I apologize if this has been answered before (although I couldn't find any similiar topics when I searched) or if I posted in the wrong area.

Thanks in advance.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
Re: 4x-Cut single/all toggle? (PSX)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-03 15:01:52 »
I think you can.  I'm not on my own computer right now or I'd check WM for you, but I'm fairly sure I remember testing 4x-cut on a single enemy.  Did you try deselecting the "Random" option and setting it for Single Target?  Sorry Can't help more, but someone with better memory or access to WM will likely come along and give you a better answer soon.

Randompiggy

« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-03 19:07:43 »
Hi.

Yes, I tried deselecting the 'Random' option, but I'm still unable to toggle between single/all targets after applying the change. I just can't seem to get it to work.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-03 20:52:28 »
The target in the KERNEL.BIN is only to show the cursor. The code, at least on the PC, ignores the selected targets and just randomizes which enemy gets hit and when. It's a hard-coded 'feature' so WM can't help you.

Randompiggy

« Reply #4 on: 2012-03-03 23:04:40 »
Ah, okay. Well I guess I'll just leave it as it is. Thanks though.