Miscellaneous Forums > Graphical

FF8 Patch for FF7 & Seifer/GFs Patches

(1/7) > >>

Vgr:
Hi!
I'm starting a new project, a mod for FF7. This mod consist in replacing the characters of FF7 by the ones of FF8. It's like that :

Cloud > Squall
Barret > Laguna
Tifa > Zell
Aerith > Selphie
Nanaki > Angelo
Yuffie > Rinoa
Caith Sith > Moomba
Vincent > Irvine
Cid > Ward
Sephiroth > Seifer
Young Cloud > Squall in flashbacks

EDIT : Enemies :
MP > Galbadian
Grunt > Elite-T
Ideas?

So, with enough luck and help... no, I mean more than enough, a lot. The Alpha version may be ready for end January. Screens will come ASAP. If some of you folks who knows a lot about modding, if you can help me in converting and changing things out of FF7/FF8, it would me helpful. You can tell me if you want some of the characters being replaced by other ones, I could do it.

Oh, sorry for my English, it's still my second language, after French.

Pour tous ceux qui parlent le français, voici le topic équivalent en français (Note : FFFF = Vgr255) : http://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=205466&pg=0#205468

ZL325:
ripping from other games is illegal here, but i do believe if you make custom characters for it they may not mind i don't know exactly though you would have to ask them i guess....

Vgr:
I know ripping things from other games is illegal, but I ask here and can post pictures as long as I don't post my mod here. I will post it on my other topic on FF7.FR and you just have to go there. Also, just PM for small things like that ;)

Vgr:
Hum, ok, then I just ask you to help me importing these damn files from the decompiled FF8 files from the Data folder. If I know how to do that, I may not post at all anymore here.

EDIT : Is there a program which can view all of FF8's textures? It's the only way for me to replace the files in FF7.

sl1982:
3) Also, the discussion of reinsertion of custom game models/backgrounds are going to be strongly curtailed.
It will not be banned, but if your mod requires taking from other things not yours, you may be asked to cut it out. For now, I'm allowing the cosmetic upgrade of existing assets, for example, resolution, and texture updates. Also the recreation of higher resolution art/models are getting a pass.

I believe your mod will break this rule. So I politely ask you to 'cut it out.' If you wish to continue this mod please do so on the other forum you linked to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version