Project forums > Aali's Custom FF7/FF8 Driver

Aali's Custom Driver Installation

<< < (2/5) > >>

Aali:

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2014-04-29 12:22:11 ---How about making the installer to use an external package? It would be better this way, because the installer would work with any newer version without the need of updating the program.

--- End quote ---

That would be a great solution, if the installer just prompted for the zip file when you launch it I would have no problem with that. Linking to the release thread from the program is also acceptable, direct linking to the download is not.

genesis063:
This is why you read pms to avoid these issues its you fault for not addressing this early.  You are also being rude for ignoring the pm then throwing a fit about him posting the link.  I agree this was wrong to do but you also share the blame.

DLPB_:
I will also once again add that the driver needs a readme and known issues page (not having one is causing all kinds of issues).  I have offered twice to make one, but been ignored.  And now I am a lot busier.

Covarr:
Enough with the drama, especially from people who aren't even involved in it. From here on in, let's limit this thread to discussion of the installer itself. ~Covarr

Aali, you may want to consider including a license file with future revisions of your driver, even a simple one that says nothing more than "NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION WITHOUT PERMISSION".

Kompass63, the sooner you can get that updated version that uses an external package, the better.

Kompass63:
I now have as demanded the Custom Driver removed.

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2014-04-29 12:22:11 ---How about making the installer to use an external package? It would be better this way, because the installer would work with any newer version without the need of updating the program.

--- End quote ---
The installer is tuned to the Custom Driver 0.8.1b and will not work with other versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version