Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

Can't start from 7th Heaven 2.0

(1/3) > >>

DK23:
Hello,

I tried to use 7th Heaven 2.0 but when I click "Play", I have this error :

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

I've installed the game from Steam, under C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe (so not in Prgm Files Folder)

But when I install, I don't have 'Std Install' or 'Maximum Install'
I've tried to reinstall the game, reinstall 7th Heaven but still not working

Any idea ?

Thanks

Flash0429:
seems like you may be running a non-english version of the game, unfortunately currently 7th Heaven cannot automatically convert a non-English version of the game for use with modding. However, you can use the old Game Converter to convert your game and then run 7th Heaven 2.0 which may work.

DK23:
I worked like a charm !

Thank's a lot !

devinthedude3:

--- Quote from: Flash0429 on 2020-03-05 14:40:42 ---seems like you may be running a non-english version of the game, unfortunately currently 7th Heaven cannot automatically convert a non-English version of the game for use with modding. However, you can use the old Game Converter to convert your game and then run 7th Heaven 2.0 which may work.

--- End quote ---

I am having the same situation. I have never modded a game before or used steam. I am a major noob. please can you explain what the old game converter is, where and how I use it. Thank you for any help.

Nakira:
I have the same problem.

What is the "old game convertert" and how to use it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version