Author Topic: No controls when I play the game through 7th Heaven (Steam Game)  (Read 2102 times)

rangerstatus

• View Profile
Hello,

New to modding a game but really want to do this for FFVII after everything I have seen and read. I own the game on Steam, and have the ability to play the game with a PS4 controller through there. When I hit play on 7th Heaven, the game loads up fine but neither the keyboard nor the PS4 controller work to even start a new game. Messed around a little with the controller preset settings but not sure which one is suppose to work with my setup. Does Steam need to be open when 7th heaven is?

Any help would be much appreciated on some troubleshooting ideas.

rangerstatus

• View Profile
Quick update, tried every setting possible from the presets and good news I can use a keyboard but PS4 controller not working at all. Ran the game on Steam just to see and it works perfect over there so not really sure where to go from here. Would an Xbox controller work better?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Steam uses its own magic to get controllers to work in games. A modded FF7 is not run under Steam so nothing Steam related applies here. DS4 controllers do not work properly/natively under Windows. You need a 3rd party program such as DS4Windows to use a DS4 controller properly under Windows (it makes it emulate an Xbox 360 controller). Be sure to run it as administrator or it won't work with 7H. Or, just use an Xbox controller which work natively under Windows.

rangerstatus

• View Profile
Steam uses its own magic to get controllers to work in games. A modded FF7 is not run under Steam so nothing Steam related applies here. DS4 controllers do not work properly/natively under Windows. You need a 3rd party program such as DS4Windows to use a DS4 controller properly under Windows (it makes it emulate an Xbox 360 controller). Be sure to run it as administrator or it won't work with 7H. Or, just use an Xbox controller which work natively under Windows.

Appreciate the help, I was wondering about the Steam settings issue, was completely convinced it had something to do with it so now I can move on. Looked into DS4 and going to try that and see if it works.