Final Fantasy 7 > Releases

[FF7PC][Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory: Complete Sound Overhaul

(1/20) > >>

Bonez:

Formerly known as "Bonez' Sound Effect Suite". Cosmo Memory uses the new FFNx SFX engine and is an entirely new mod rebuilt from the ground up with a ton of new features. This project started out in 2018 as a little mod to just replace the FF7 menu sounds with the menu sounds from FFXIII. Since that time, it has evolved into something far more... After following the community and modding the game for several years, I noticed the graphical and musical mods were growing and advancing but the sound effects department was totally stalled. I mean, it's an entire 1/3 of what your senses are taking in, along side the visuals and music! I wanted something to match the beautiful/advanced graphical and musical mods provided by the very talented authors/creators of this community... So, I present to you Cosmo Memory: A Complete Sound Overhaul.

Features:

* Replaces/updates all 724 original sound effects including battle, magic, enemy skills, limit breaks, summons, world
* NEW Ambient sounds for every field and battle scene in the game
* Ground-conditional footstep sound effects for every field and world map
* Replaces all sound effects in cutscene videos (Compatible with any FMV video)
* Voiced attacks or "grunts" for all party members
* Shuffled battle impact sounds as well as other select sounds randomly so you never hear the same exact sound twice in a row
* 3 selectable menu sound sets
* Complete compatibility with New Threat, Echo-S and any other mod
* Each feature is optional
Launch Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0GRSb8KcA

IMPORTANT
-This mod REQUIRES 7th Heaven 2.4+ and FFNx 1.11+
You can download the latest 7th Heaven here : https://github.com/tsunamods-codes/7th-Heaven/releases/tag/canary

-For best experience, use headphones and set music volume to ~60%

FAQ
Will you add the option to/Can I turn off the replaced sfx?
Spoiler: showNo. There are several technical reasons for why. I won't go into all of them, but among which; it's impossible to use the stock engine for some sounds and the new engine for others. It's all one way or the other. If you were to "just stick on the ambience", then the new engine would be used for the ambience and you'd get no other sfx at all. Also a few of the fields have a stock ambience, so if you did import the vanilla sounds to the new engine, you'd have some fields with super high def ambience and some with crushed midi vanilla ambience. There are several areas in the game where doing this would be very awkward or be outright cringe. Some people suggest to change everything except battle sounds. The thing about that is many, many sounds are reused throughout the game. Just one example, a wave sound: The wave sound may be used in battle for the sewer monster, or Leviathan, but also used near the ocean. So, when you're near the ocean you'd suddenly hear midi waves next to HD sounds. This happens with probably half of the sounds in the game. There is also dealing with the complexities the mod adds like shuffled melee sounds. Setting up contingencies for if replaced battle sounds are off would compound those complexities. Which leads me to my second reason - I just don't want a hodgepodge mod where you'd have real recordings of birds etc. clashing against staticy-midi battle sounds. This was the problem with previous incomplete sfx mods for FF7. They only changed a hand full of battle sounds, which clashed against other battle sounds immediately surrounding them... Which leads me to most importantly; Cosmo Memory is a sfx replacement mod for the 724 vanilla sounds first and foremost. Identifying and making and editing and replacing them took 2 years to complete. That is the entire purpose of the mod - to update everything. The same way Nino replaces every model in the game, the same way SYW updates every field in the game, and the same way any music mod replaces every song in the game. The other features like ambience, footsteps, etc. were just last minute bells and whistles to go on top of them thrown in during the final couple weeks of development.

Most of the FF7 modder's philosophies are to provide the remake everyone really wanted. If Square had made the 1:1 remake, they wouldn't have used those original sounds...

Special Thanks:
TrueOdin - the FFNx sound engine
vertex2995 - world map footsteps

Download Cosmo Memory HERE Size: 350MB

If you enjoy the mod, consider a little something for the many many hours it took to put this together: Donate Here

elias:
Lowering/raising the SFX volume in the game's Config menu seems to disable the SFX sounds altogether (menu cursors, engine sounds etc.). I'm using FFNx-v1.8.1.140 and I've set the correct settings in the FFNx.toml file during installation.

Bonez:

--- Quote from: elias on 2021-01-13 11:30:28 ---Lowering/raising the SFX volume in the game's Config menu seems to disable the SFX sounds altogether (menu cursors, engine sounds etc.). I'm using FFNx-v1.8.1.140 and I've set the correct settings in the FFNx.toml file during installation.

--- End quote ---

You're right. Thank you. I've never had a reason to lower the SFX, only the music; as the SFX are already a much lower volume than any of the music. I likely would never have found this. The next FFNx canary will likely have a fix.

elias:

--- Quote from: elias on 2021-01-13 11:30:28 ---Lowering/raising the SFX volume in the game's Config menu seems to disable the SFX sounds altogether (menu cursors, engine sounds etc.). I'm using FFNx-v1.8.1.140 and I've set the correct settings in the FFNx.toml file during installation.

--- End quote ---

FFNx v1.8.1.144 seems to have fixed this issue. That aside, would it be possible to turn down or adjust the SFX that occurs during the transition to a battle? I've always found that to be louder/longer than the rest of the SFX. Other than that, it's a great mod for what it has been so far.

Hypnotic Mind:
I'm currently having problems getting the music to play after installing the updated FFNx driver 1.8.1.13+.  I've set the settings correctly on the FFNx.toml file and removed the "#" as mentioned.  The sound effects suite all work but only the default music plays.  The music mods I use are the the Tsuna Arranged and the EDMusic, and I used to use the Symphonic Redux mod before this, now they don't load at all even by themselves.  I also get the black screen blinking throughout the game.  Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version