Author Topic: Recreating Project: Final Fantasy VIII  (Read 19594 times)

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Recreating Project: Final Fantasy VIII
« Reply #25 on: 2021-07-01 06:55:59 »
Hello everyone, hello again..

I had tons of to do before delving into the classroom again and I saw that I didn't post the Squall's Computer here.. hope you'll all like it, thank you!

T0NB3RRYK1NG69

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2021-07-01 22:11:08 »
WOW! Great work!

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2021-07-03 04:08:48 »
absolutely wild!

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2021-07-04 18:47:27 »
 :-[.......i need to change my trousers.....brb

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: 2021-07-06 09:26:44 »
thank you so much, everyone! :)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #30 on: 2021-07-12 15:59:26 »
Ohhh! Looks good! Thanks! Amazing work! Now give me the remake with those models! haha ;D

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2021-07-12 19:23:18 »
Holy cow these are amazing! Great work here I hope to see more!

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #32 on: 2021-09-24 11:19:40 »
Hello everyone,

It has been many moons that I wanted to start modelling the classroom. Started with calculating the proportions and mostly used object was Quistis's table. Here you can see whole details that I have done for her. I also wanted to reflect the income problems of the Balamb Garden, so metal parts are not perfect but it's used anyways. Will be publishing the whole classroom soon. Be sure to follow and thank you!

T0NB3RRYK1NG69

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2021-09-29 00:12:15 »
Looks great! Looking forward to seeing more =]

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #34 on: 2021-11-01 04:15:26 »

Yagami Light

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2021-11-01 12:25:12 »
Those renders look beautiful Yasin, is this your own style or are you trying to replicate the original? The bottom back side of the chairs are supposed to be blue fabric material and for the back of the desks, its either painted wood or fabric, I dont think it's supposed to be a long cloth but still amazing work!

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #36 on: 2021-11-01 12:56:10 »
Thank you so much, no I just wanted to make a cloth like that, I  tried painted wood but it seemed rather bad so I revised it with some cloth etc.

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2021-11-02 21:36:48 »
stunning wonderful attention to detail...tho imagine having to clean and polish all that wood floor lol ;D

just noticed aswell, zidane on the weapons monthly cover  :o
« Last Edit: 2021-11-02 21:39:58 by gunner_1207 »

T0NB3RRYK1NG69

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2021-11-03 22:23:00 »
MASTERFUL!
Do you work for SQUARE-ENIX?
Because if not, they are missing out!
With the whole pandemic thing going on they might let you work from home ;)
Send them your renders and let them know what the remaster should have looked like and maybe they'll have you help with a remake!

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: 2021-11-04 16:09:12 »
thanks everyone, anyone know that is a email of some sort to send these out to squarenix ? ( wish I was working with them for any final fantasy game :)

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2021-11-05 05:14:21 »
These are beautiful.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #41 on: 2021-11-18 20:25:26 »
OMG!😲😲😲 I can smell the wood in there! Is that oak? The overall decoration on the walls and seats is breathtaking and it looks so clean I could actually live in there! I guess all covid protocols have been met!

Willsoft

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2022-07-22 16:05:03 »
I really like that work. ¿Are you still working on it? It shall be possible to implement those backgrounds on the remaster version of the game by using Sebanisu field map editor:

https://github.com/Sebanisu/Field-Map-Editor/releases

The main issue is that these remake renders shall keep the exact position and camera angle than the original in order to achieve a perfect match in the game. If it is possible to do that, then we can get a remake version of backgrounds. But i bet its a lot of work... Sadly i do not know how to work with 3d models.

On the other hand, imagine those backgrounds with a replaced version of 3d character models... It would be awesome!

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #43 on: 2023-01-11 23:58:57 »
I really like that work. ¿Are you still working on it? It shall be possible to implement those backgrounds on the remaster version of the game by using Sebanisu field map editor:

https://github.com/Sebanisu/Field-Map-Editor/releases

The main issue is that these remake renders shall keep the exact position and camera angle than the original in order to achieve a perfect match in the game. If it is possible to do that, then we can get a remake version of backgrounds. But i bet its a lot of work... Sadly i do not know how to work with 3d models.

On the other hand, imagine those backgrounds with a replaced version of 3d character models... It would be awesome!

Thank you so much, I would never leave remaking the game. Well I will take a look at what you posted but my main is 3d modelling and nothing else we may unite our skills :)

CG_YasinSafak

• Senior CG Artist
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #44 on: 2023-01-12 00:02:35 »
Hello it’s me again 😊

After a long time we are together with the 4th remake of Final Fantasy VIII – Balamb Garden Dormitory. Well this kept me before itself to solve every detail about 2 weeks or more. I even learned a new software just to model the jacket. The room had a complicated architecture that if you are ever to change anything that would also affect the other side too so I had to plan everything one by one. Most time consuming objects were the jacket and the Griever.
Details were everything that made me to remake this room. Yeah thats a bookcase or laptop near Squall’s bed, there is a thin welding line in the wall, jacket had to be hanged onto roller etc. You will find a mid-day and night scene renders in the project. Hope you like them all, don’t forget to comment please.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2023-01-12 04:03:09 »
Hello it’s me again 😊

After a long time we are together with the 4th remake of Final Fantasy VIII – Balamb Garden Dormitory. Well this kept me before itself to solve every detail about 2 weeks or more. I even learned a new software just to model the jacket. The room had a complicated architecture that if you are ever to change anything that would also affect the other side too so I had to plan everything one by one. Most time consuming objects were the jacket and the Griever.
Details were everything that made me to remake this room. Yeah thats a bookcase or laptop near Squall’s bed, there is a thin welding line in the wall, jacket had to be hanged onto roller etc. You will find a mid-day and night scene renders in the project. Hope you like them all, don’t forget to comment please.

looks absolutely amazing as always! Keep 'em coming! :)

Thank you so much, I would never leave remaking the game. Well I will take a look at what you posted but my main is 3d modelling and nothing else we may unite our skills :)
If you are interested in having your creations be compatible with the game, I would suggest contacting McIndus. He's the main FF8 guy in the mod scene here. I am sure that he could give you the info that you would need to convert your work into a proper mod for the game.