Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694290 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #750 on: 2010-05-21 08:32:49 »
Ice_cold513 can you upload all you have done until now please, especially the minigames ones? We can use them while we wait for team avalanche's work which won't be released soon.
I will try and put something out Sunday. You will need the custom driver or make the lgp yourself

Why'd you stop?? This is one of the best mods out here and if it continues it will make FF7 gaming much better. :-\

I stopped because I started boxing, going to work and spending time with my Girlfriend

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2010-05-21 08:36:04 »
Well your girlfriend is reason enough. Good Luck with that. :) But please if you have the time or feeling bored. Can you come around to do it?? Really like your mod and hopes it to be completed. :)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2010-06-10 09:05:23 »
Don't you think it's time for an update?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2010-06-10 10:30:00 »
Yes and here it is Click

JK

Ok here's a update i worked on PRP after nikfrozty ask! nicely and i fixed the errors and put the files in the right order
  So people who couldn't get PRP working or had to mover the LGP's wouldn't now get the 20 models they lost back.

It is sitting on my pc at home. When will i be home to upload it ??
  As i've had a fight with my dad and them moved 160miles to my girlfriends with only what i could get in to two small bags.
It's on hold again.

I had to leave my brand new 22in hd pc screen too :(

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2010-06-10 10:49:50 »
Wow can't wait to test out your mod. You should've asked if you needed any help if you need any. At last you finished it. God bless you man. :)

kylestanner

« Reply #755 on: 2010-06-29 19:08:35 »
I have a small question can anyone tell me where the field materia is from the original file?.

I have all the mods i want but still have the missing materia just need to replace it but i dun wanna make a mess up and have to install over i allready installed it like 10 times with something wrong and now i got all of it working except the invisible materia XD.

thanks kyle

Choco Billy

« Reply #756 on: 2010-07-05 01:58:37 »
Very helpful and awesome mod, I can't tell you how long I've wanted to apply something at least similar to this.. Better go ahead and install that new APZ Cloud Mod also.  :-o

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2010-07-25 00:10:48 »
Ok... I am ready to install this, but on what page is the latest version?

Will it work if I have already added the hardcore patch??

caneut

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2010-07-25 01:41:46 »
Could you make a list of how much you've edited?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2010-07-25 02:07:08 »
Ok... I am ready to install this, but on what page is the latest version?

Will it work if I have already added the hardcore patch??
The latest is here in this page posted by ice_cold153. And I don't see why it won't work with the hardcore patch. Its best to try it yourself and just report or post if it doesn't work.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2010-07-25 03:54:30 »
that's a joke link...

And I am just asking because I want to run it, but I have already started a new game and I have put a lot of time already into the hardcore run lol

Can I run this and not worry about my save file corrupting?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2010-07-25 09:54:06 »
Lol I was pointing to that link as a form of joke too. :) Its just that you haven't checked the first page of this thread so I was playing with you. It is there.

slentara1

• View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2010-08-18 21:46:02 »
Hi I'm new to this forum and i've run the patch and everything works fine. All that's messed up (other than the materia already mentioned) is invisible faces and a black spot on the battle model of cloud. Don't think the last has anything to do with the prp though.

I would like to help in making the models as well, but i don't have any kind of experiance with modeling though i'd be willing to learn.

chriz

« Reply #763 on: 2010-08-21 23:19:41 »
Hi! I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, yet I post it anyway.
There is an easy way to install the PRP if C:\ is not your default drive. Just open the PRP-Install.exe with a hex-editor, search for all text-phrases with a C:\ in it and replace the C:\ with your local drive.
Be sure to only replace those instances of C:\ that are used in a location-sequence, like C:\Program Files\...

90°

« Reply #764 on: 2010-09-07 14:13:14 »
Working just fine for me, thanks a bunch. I may encounter crashes eventually, but haven't so far.

Remember people, this contains the Chocobo, and the official 1.2, patches. Do not apply any other patches to the game other than the keyboard fix for the 'new game/continue' screen freeze.

BTW - I'm not sure what version these are from, but here are some screens a guy put up a while back:

Before, After

Before, After

Before, After

Before, After

Before, After

[Edit]
Apologies.

Had anyone ever considered using the vanilla battle models as generic replacement for the world models? I'd even consider them a better option.
[/Edit]
« Last Edit: 2010-09-08 16:25:25 by 90° »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2010-09-08 15:42:05 »
My fist post was too long for me to add this to it.

Would something like reusing the default battle models for a good portion of the chars/npcs be possible? Did anyone ever consider that?

No, it really wasn't.  Don't double post.

battlemage210

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2010-09-09 03:06:46 »
hey guys, having an issue with a crash when loading a saved game. heres an exert from my app log
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save01.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save02.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save03.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save04.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save05.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save06.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save07.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save08.ff7
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE E:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\save/save09.ff7
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
OFFSET ERROR: midlmap.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE midlmap.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE midlmap.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE midlmap.tim
OFFSET ERROR: radar.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE radar.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE radar.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE radar.tim
OFFSET ERROR: map.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE map.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE map.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE map.tim
OFFSET ERROR: shadow.TEX

it continues on like this with a list of other files that failed for the same offset error.

do i need to change something in aali's settings?

*edit* ive tinkered with a few things since posting and slapped on some backed up files.. after putting all my changed files to their backups i still have a crash but now its after the swirl upon entering battle. also i was never able to get PRP to work without using the PRP game files, gonna try and clean sweep everything eventually, its just a lot of hassle for me at the moment.
« Last Edit: 2010-09-09 03:38:06 by battlemage210 »

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #767 on: 2010-09-09 04:11:31 »

BTW - I'm not sure what version these are from, but here are some screens a guy put up a while back:

Before pic
 After Pic

Is there a reason why the window was set to be transparent?
In all honesty that doesn't seem like an "Improvement" simply because anyone that had trouble reading some of the things before are going to have it worse off with this. Not saying many people with horrendous eyesight play FF7, just noting that the original slightly gradient blue contrasted perfectly with the white.
Just a thought.

I know this project has been up for a while now. Just never seen Screenshots. 

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #768 on: 2010-09-09 09:03:06 »

Before pic
 After Pic

Is there a reason why the window was set to be transparent?
In all honesty that doesn't seem like an "Improvement" simply because anyone that had trouble reading some of the things before are going to have it worse off with this. Not saying many people with horrendous eyesight play FF7, just noting that the original slightly gradient blue contrasted perfectly with the white.
Just a thought.

I know this project has been up for a while now. Just never seen Screenshots.

I have really terribad eyesight and find it easy to read. if you set your window to darker colors, the white text is really easily readable.

Flugarb

« Reply #769 on: 2010-09-10 22:40:18 »
So since the next version is taking a long time to release, does anybody know what animation files need to be fixed to stop Materia from being invisibile?

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #770 on: 2010-09-11 06:32:24 »
doesn't sound like there WILL be a next version. If you installed the last remix patch, you dont have the invisible materia problem btw.

Flugarb

« Reply #771 on: 2010-09-11 16:02:40 »
what remix patch?

Tuxedo

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2010-09-11 17:17:03 »
This remix patch.

cryoslayer

« Reply #773 on: 2010-10-26 23:17:11 »
Hi There, I am new to the Forum.

Just installed PRP and Each new screen or when i open a menu the game crashes...

should I read through all 31 pages on this post to get the answers or is it because the patch is glitchy?

i run W.XP 32 bit, no grafix card, got 1.02 patch and aali's patch as described on http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/aalis-custom-graphics-driver/

plumcake

« Reply #774 on: 2010-10-29 15:55:33 »
I dont have a field folder...or the world_us but my game still runs fine. I wanna get this patch but I cant patch if there is no folder to patch it on. Whats wrong?