Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4935262 times)

ffm_strife

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9275 on: 2020-04-26 14:15:46 »
Hello!

First of all many thanks for the mod, this is outstanding.

I'm facing an issue that can't figure out even after going around for hours trying to solve it some way.

When I go to the piano in shinra mansion the [Switch] button doesn't play a note but instead makes a cancel noise, found a youtube video with the same issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8

Any idea how to solve it? tried 3 keyboards and 3 gamepads to no avail.

Unless there's a progress check for it and it's disabled?

Kindest regards!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: 2020-04-26 16:44:02 »
Hello!

First of all many thanks for the mod, this is outstanding.

I'm facing an issue that can't figure out even after going around for hours trying to solve it some way.

When I go to the piano in shinra mansion the [Switch] button doesn't play a note but instead makes a cancel noise, found a youtube video with the same issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8

Any idea how to solve it? tried 3 keyboards and 3 gamepads to no avail.

Unless there's a progress check for it and it's disabled?

Kindest regards!

That piano has a busted key, so instead of playing a note it plays a cancel noise (this is intended; it was originally part of the Safe combination key puzzle). It makes playing the song by ear a bit trickier, but if you manage it then it unlocks the new thing. You just have to use the busted key where it would be in the song.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: 2020-04-26 17:12:46 »
Question for all. I played NT a year or so ago and really enjoyed it. However, I seem to recall the end game basically turned into Yuffie + 4x Cut was game over as her conformer was just unstoppable. Is this still the case?

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: 2020-04-26 17:35:21 »
That piano has a busted key, so instead of playing a note it plays a cancel noise (this is intended; it was originally part of the Safe combination key puzzle). It makes playing the song by ear a bit trickier, but if you manage it then it unlocks the new thing. You just have to use the busted key where it would be in the song.

Maybe I'm losing it, but played it five times on Tifa's one and worked properly (got the "I heard this melody before) but seems on the mansion one nothing happens, I'm 99% sure I'm playing it correctly, should be cancel,switch,menu,pgup+menu,pgup+switch,cancel,switch,menu,pgup+cancel,ok,cancel,switch,cancel.

I may just be trying it far too early in the game? Just beat the safe boss and it's first visit to the mansion.

Apologies for the bother on this, last thing I want is to take more of your time, specially since I think you invest far too much of it helping everyone who posts :S

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: 2020-04-26 18:15:29 »
Question for all. I played NT a year or so ago and really enjoyed it. However, I seem to recall the end game basically turned into Yuffie + 4x Cut was game over as her conformer was just unstoppable. Is this still the case?

Probably, ultimate weapon formulas weren't changed since then. I'm tackling it for 2.0 though.

Maybe I'm losing it, but played it five times on Tifa's one and worked properly (got the "I heard this melody before) but seems on the mansion one nothing happens, I'm 99% sure I'm playing it correctly, should be cancel,switch,menu,pgup+menu,pgup+switch,cancel,switch,menu,pgup+cancel,ok,cancel,switch,cancel.

I may just be trying it far too early in the game? Just beat the safe boss and it's first visit to the mansion.

Apologies for the bother on this, last thing I want is to take more of your time, specially since I think you invest far too much of it helping everyone who posts :S

I remembered that the other condition I think is that it needs to be done on Disc 3, after going to the bottom of the North Crater and then coming back.

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: 2020-04-26 21:49:58 »
Hello SegaChief,

Is there a known bug in which the victory doesn't occur after killing Jenova-Death at Whirlwind Maze? I have killed the boss but the fight doesn't end in a victory. The Shinra allies start attacking my party but I cannot target them. I watched a stream of this fight with New Threat and there's supposed to be dialogue when the boss is dead, but my Jenova just has the death animation and the fight persists with the Shinra allies.

I have restarted the fight and the issue still occurs.

I am using the Reunion mod and New Threat together if that helps.

EDIT : Not sure what happened but I just did a couple restarts and went in out of the screen before the boss fight and now the boss fight victory happens. Please disregard now.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 22:49:44 by kiddavidacus »

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: 2020-04-26 22:16:40 »
I disabled the New Threat mod and fought the boss, and the victory works. So my assumption is that the issue is New Threat and not Reunion. However, I don't want to proceed with the unmodded because it fucks up my levels.

So far the mod has been fine until this fight. Any thoughts?

The New Threat folder is installed via the CUSTOM folder for Reunion.

EDIT : Not sure what happened but I just did a couple restarts and went in out of the screen before the boss fight and now the boss fight victory happens. Please disregard now.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-26 22:49:49 by kiddavidacus »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: 2020-04-27 01:52:40 »
I disabled the New Threat mod and fought the boss, and the victory works. So my assumption is that the issue is New Threat and not Reunion. However, I don't want to proceed with the unmodded because it fucks up my levels.

So far the mod has been fine until this fight. Any thoughts?

The New Threat folder is installed via the CUSTOM folder for Reunion.

There might be a flaw in the AI that results in the two supports not being properly disabled by the boss when it dies. There might be conditions in which the Death Counter AI of the main boss doesn't activate under certain conditions (maybe a status ailment). I'll have a look at it, and will add a failsafe to all their AI for deactivation.

Rocky_Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: 2020-04-27 06:16:29 »
Hi guys. So i recently started playing New Threat and just got to the ghost trainyard with Aeris/th. I remembered there being a valuable item to steal here but had a look online and realised that i might have walked straight past the steal materia. I saw in a video playthough of New Threat its just in the sewers behind me, but ive overwitten my save and cant go back. No idea how i missed it when its in plain sight. Either way apparently cant get it until Kalm. Very frustrating and unfortunately i couldnt find a way to hack the materia into the game using cheat engine. Ill take any suggestions to try and hack it in. Or is it possible the steal materia wasnt actually in that location in this newest version (1.5)? Im using 7th Heaven 2.0.
Thankyou

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: 2020-04-27 11:54:42 »
Hi guys. So i recently started playing New Threat and just got to the ghost trainyard with Aeris/th. I remembered there being a valuable item to steal here but had a look online and realised that i might have walked straight past the steal materia. I saw in a video playthough of New Threat its just in the sewers behind me, but ive overwitten my save and cant go back. No idea how i missed it when its in plain sight. Either way apparently cant get it until Kalm. Very frustrating and unfortunately i couldnt find a way to hack the materia into the game using cheat engine. Ill take any suggestions to try and hack it in. Or is it possible the steal materia wasnt actually in that location in this newest version (1.5)? Im using 7th Heaven 2.0.
Thankyou

A save editor can do the trick; location is ff7/data/save (make a backup of this folder before editing)

http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net/

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9285 on: 2020-04-27 11:54:54 »
Thankyou

If my memory is still correct it's there, yes, you could just edit the save file with Black Chocobo, it's really straight forward, put the materia on one of the slots and you should be good to go "like if you picked it up". Regarding the item, I'm quite sure the Aerith weapon that you can steal in the graveyard is not there in New Threat, so you didn't miss that steal.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9286 on: 2020-04-27 12:43:42 »
Was putting April 25th updates into Gameplay 3.1 and just noticed the new battle costumes.

Love it! ;D

Germmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: 2020-04-27 13:28:31 »
Hi Sega Chief,

NT mod 04/26/2020 (FF7 NT IRO 22nd April 2020.zip) Tifa vs Zangan fight is leading to gameplay driver crash. This is only with the NT mod enabled. Again using the older version under gameplay is able to load the game.

Edit : FF7 NT IRO 25th April 2020.zip also has the zangan crash issue
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 13:34:45 by Germmie »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: 2020-04-27 13:58:29 »
Was putting April 25th updates into Gameplay 3.1 and just noticed the new battle costumes.

Love it! ;D

I had them kicking around on the machine for a long time. Some were requests, some were enemy models.

Hi Sega Chief,

NT mod 04/26/2020 (FF7 NT IRO 22nd April 2020.zip) Tifa vs Zangan fight is leading to gameplay driver crash. This is only with the NT mod enabled. Again using the older version under gameplay is able to load the game.

Edit : FF7 NT IRO 25th April 2020.zip also has the zangan crash issue

I'll sort that out today.

Edit: I couldn't replicate a crash, and the data (model references, etc.) appear to be fine. Is it maybe a driver crash from 7h?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 14:11:05 by Sega Chief »

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: 2020-04-27 14:08:24 »
Quick question, any reason to update the NT mod from the one in 7th Heaven 2.0 to the last one? Wouldn't want to lose the Tweaks like save everywhere or auto run, but can't find where the changes are for the last version, afaik the one in 7th heaven is the one from 28th of January.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: 2020-04-27 14:12:02 »
Quick question, any reason to update the NT mod from the one in 7th Heaven 2.0 to the last one? Wouldn't want to lose the Tweaks like save everywhere or auto run, but can't find where the changes are for the last version, afaik the one in 7th heaven is the one from 28th of January.

Why would you lose tweaks? You can combine those with the stand-alone IRO as far as I know.
The IRO download has a changelog file for April in it.

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: 2020-04-27 14:20:50 »
A save editor can do the trick; location is ff7/data/save (make a backup of this folder before editing)

http://blackchocobo.sourceforge.net/

Oh wow, are save editors 100% compatible with New Threat? I thought they would mess with data because of how New Threat changes so many systems and numbers.

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: 2020-04-27 14:21:55 »
Why would you lose tweaks? You can combine those with the stand-alone IRO as far as I know.
The IRO download has a changelog file for April in it.

Thanks, saw the changelog, It doesn't allow both at the same time, shows this error: https://imgur.com/onmqLBV , even if I disable the option on settings for "ignore compatibility errors"

Edit: once again thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 14:24:56 by ffm_strife »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: 2020-04-27 14:30:00 »
Oh wow, are save editors 100% compatible with New Threat? I thought they would mess with data because of how New Threat changes so many systems and numbers.

Should be fine; avoid adjusting character levels/exp though as you'll get unexpected results.

Thanks, saw the changelog, It doesn't allow both at the same time, shows this error: https://imgur.com/onmqLBV , even if I disable the option on settings for "ignore compatibility errors"

Edit: once again thanks for the help!

I see, so Tweaks are in with Gameplay rather than on their own. I'll remove that from the stand-alone's XML.

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: 2020-04-27 14:32:50 »
Should be fine; avoid adjusting character levels/exp though as you'll get unexpected results.

I see, so Tweaks are in with Gameplay rather than on their own. I'll remove that from the stand-alone's XML.

Thanks! Will await for the update, I guess whenever the .iro is up I just put it above the Gameplay and disable any difficulty mod on the Gameplay itself just leaving the tweaks, or should I put the tweaks above NT?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: 2020-04-27 14:35:05 »
Thanks! Will await for the update, I guess whenever the .iro is up I just put it above the Gameplay and disable any difficulty mod on the Gameplay itself just leaving the tweaks, or should I put the tweaks above NT?

This is it here:
https://mega.nz/file/nlUkSICT#FJgenYhbTLKpVj18k1dLBysPk-qgcuHTiR1PpAPoI94

Mod load order, I think NT goes above.

ffm_strife

• View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: 2020-04-27 14:42:27 »
This is it here:
https://mega.nz/file/nlUkSICT#FJgenYhbTLKpVj18k1dLBysPk-qgcuHTiR1PpAPoI94

Mod load order, I think NT goes above.

Installed, tested, NT above, all working perfectly.

Many thanks once again!

Germmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: 2020-04-27 14:53:28 »
I had them kicking around on the machine for a long time. Some were requests, some were enemy models.

I'll sort that out today.

Edit: I couldn't replicate a crash, and the data (model references, etc.) appear to be fine. Is it maybe a driver crash from 7h?

Yup it’s the game driver crash from 7h. But I can replicate it with only Nt mod activate. Any advice for me? I want to finish it game!!! :D

Edit: Tested again and yes the game driver crash just appears the moment battle starts with Zagan :(
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 15:11:41 by Germmie »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: 2020-04-27 18:23:21 »
Yup it’s the game driver crash from 7h. But I can replicate it with only Nt mod activate. Any advice for me? I want to finish it game!!! :D

Edit: Tested again and yes the game driver crash just appears the moment battle starts with Zagan :(

You mentioned that the older version before the April patch works? If so, use the catalog IRO for that battle then swap back to the new one afterwards. I'll need to figure out what's going on.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: 2020-04-27 19:57:09 »
Jajaja the new costumes are great xD Good addition O_o
Edit: and Django? D:
« Last Edit: 2020-04-27 20:08:50 by markul »