Author Topic: An unhandled exception occurred and the app must close.  (Read 4644 times)

Seyrun

• View Profile
Hello everyone! Long story short, I had to uninstall both 7th Heaven and FFVII and I reinstalled the game on a new location.
After that, I installed 7th Heaven again and I got this error "An unhandled exception occurred and the app must close."

I deleted my Disk (H) (this is where my game was installed at first) and created a new Disk (Z) (this is where my game is now) and I think this is why I'm having issues, and don't know how to fix this because after I get this error I can only click "OK" and the program closes automatically, I tried reinstalling and installing several times and I also restarted my computer but nothing seems to work.

I hope someone can help me with this :)

The error displays this information:

Could not find a part of the path 'H:\ffvii\ffvii\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: An unhandled exception occurred and the app must close.
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-22 01:49:02 »
Try deleting your "7thWorkshop" subfolder underneath your 7th Heaven install folder first before I ramble on about a bunch of other stuff.

Seyrun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-22 09:42:47 »
Thank you unab0mb! It didn't work, but I created a new Disk (H), installed my FF7 game there and 7th Heaven worked again :)
But I got a  new error haha when I try to launch the game I get this error:

Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

I have verified that the .exe path is correct and I also tried to modify the path to end on FF7_en.exe  which I saw on another post, but it did not work.
I bought the game on Steam If that helps and thank you for your time :D

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-22 19:08:32 »
It must point to ff7.exe, not ff7_en.exe (that is Steam version that you don't want when modding). If you are getting the missing files error, it is either because A) Your install is corrupt/missing files (run the verify files option in Steam) or  B) you are attempting to use a language other then English. Make sure your game is installed in English by right-clicking FF7 in your Steam Library>Properties>Language tab.

Direct support for other languages is coming in the next version.

Seyrun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-04-22 19:53:07 »
Originally I bought the game in Spanish. I just uninstalled it, restarted my PC and reinstalled it in English but even after that, I'm getting the same error :/

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at H:\ffvii\ffvii\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
...    wm\world_us.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find wm\world_us.lgp on any disc ...
...    field\char.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\char.lgp on any disc ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\chocobo.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\chocobo.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\coaster.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\coaster.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\condor.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\condor.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\high-us.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\high-us.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\snowboard-us.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\snowboard-us.lgp on any disc ...
...    minigame\sub.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find minigame\sub.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

I read on another post that I can use the old Game Converter and then run 7th Heaven to make it work, but I'm not sure how to do that xD

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #5 on: 2020-04-22 19:56:39 »
Mmm, no. Something is still wrong with your install or your paths are not pointing to the correct locations. Make sure all of your paths are correct under Settings>General Settings.