Author Topic: Getting a wireless DS4 to work with 7th Heaven  (Read 1974 times)

DrDastardly

• View Profile
Getting a wireless DS4 to work with 7th Heaven
« on: 2020-04-23 01:44:17 »
I've tried using DS4Windows, running 7th Heaven through Steam and re-binding the controls, and also using the XBox 360 Controller Fix https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14667.0 with both DS4Windows and Steam, and neither worked.  I also just got an 8Bitdo USB adapter and using D-Input works, but I'd like to be able to use the D-pad with it.  I've been searching around and reading that it's finicky if you want to do that, but I thought that maybe there would be a workaround.  I have gotten the Steam controller to work with one of the 7th Heaven built-in control settings, but the controls were all weird and wonky.  For example, the "cancel/run" button was L1.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: Getting a wireless DS4 to work with 7th Heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-23 22:40:42 »
You can set whatever controls you want in the game then import them into 7H. If you use a remapping tool, you must run it as administrator.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Re: Getting a wireless DS4 to work with 7th Heaven
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-23 23:18:13 »
7th heaven needs its own controller sticky thread i guess  ;D

running 7th Heaven through Steam and re-binding the controls

if you are gonna try this again (its what i do, and it works), make sure you launch the game from big picture mode, this will allow you to hit the middle button while in game and go to controller settings so you can fiddle with steam's button mapper and check if the change worked without having to exit the game

also, my dpad never works with ff7 unless i have my controller checked in this screen (found in big picture mode WITHOUT a game currently running)

« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 23:31:46 by Orichalcon »