Author Topic: [FF7] Text editor - Loveless (v2.5)  (Read 182492 times)

Braveheart

• View Profile
Loveless - a FF7 text editor [v.1 - 2.5]
« Reply #100 on: 2007-01-10 02:21:05 »
i don't had any problem yet,but i always make a backup this file

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007-01-10 08:59:35 »
It seems there is a problem with saving (maybe by doing 'Open' -> 'Save as' and numerous times 'Save'). I will search the problem today and tell you when I've found.

_Ombra_

• View Profile
    • http://www.sadnescity.it
« Reply #102 on: 2007-01-10 18:42:21 »
Huuu ? Loveless can use longer text ? What is the problem ? :)

If the original text uses 20 chars, you can replace it by a longer text without any problem.

Ooopssss... actually i didn't tried that :P. I'm really really sorry

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007-01-12 14:26:12 »
Hi ! about the "problem" I told :

it seems the problem happens when you replace a file (in LGP archive) with LGP tools. After that, Loveless crashes...
I think there is a bug in LGP Tools... so I will examine it to find why.

Normally : if you did'nt use LGP Tools, you can continue to use Loveless : your LGP archive is OK.

Have fun with Loveless :)

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007-01-12 19:48:31 »
Hey Squall,

if your program reads the first 12 bytes of an LGP file than you should fix that 'cause LGP Tools changes that string (wich is always SQUARESOFT). The other problem may be caused by the fact that LGP tools inserts the files at the end of the archive and replaces the offset in the index only when the file you insert is bigger that the original. That means that the file grows each time you insert a bigger files and thus the old file remains there without any reference. Probably the program is crashing because of the way it detects the end of each file.
What you should do (maybe the program does it already) is jump to the offset and check the size of the file there since after the file name you have the size of it. That should not cause any crash even with files modified by LGP Tools.

Btw, what about an LGP file extractor/inserter with the possibility of inserting the files right where they go and recalculate the offset table (thus making it "gap free")?

Just a suggestion  :-D

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007-01-12 19:57:00 »
Yes it's exactly the problem !

Thanks _Ombra_ ! :)

The problem is that after inserting a bigger subfile, the original subfile is not deleted. And that's the problem : my program use an algorithm optimised for saving and it's not compatible with the new "file format" created by LGP Tools.

I will try to modify it in order to read LGP files modified by LGP tools.

Thanks again _Ombra_ for your suggestion :)

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007-01-13 17:51:45 »
I will try to modify it in order to read LGP files modified by LGP tools.

Instead i would stick with the correct file format and write another program to handle LGP files. Even the game sometimes goes crazy on the format created by LGP Tools. I think you can implement a check like if header=SQUARESOFT then open else if header=FICEDULA-LGP then "LGP Tools created/modified files are not supported" else "This is not an LGP file"

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007-01-13 21:13:16 »
I've fixed Loveless. Now it's able to open all LGP files (normals and LGP Tools' ones).
I will release this new verison tomorrow (I'm busy for now =/).
« Last Edit: 2010-05-16 14:57:59 by Squall78 »

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007-01-14 16:37:03 »
Loveless 2.4 is released !

Go to the first message of this topic to download it.

Changes :
- LGP files modified by LGP Tools are now supported
- added new tags about Chocobos name, class and sex (see help file for more details)
- some minor improves

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007-01-14 17:06:09 »
- added new tags about Chocobos name, class and sex (see help file for more details)

thank youuuu  :-D

UTK

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007-01-14 20:24:25 »
Braveheart, please add me on MSN ([email protected])
need to talk about your work!
thank u

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007-01-21 15:27:24 »
hi,
just a few suggestion
Introduction:
I wanted translate ff7 to Czech labguage 4years ago(i didnt know about this forum), i used Cosmo, this editor is good bt for translating bad. I wrote email to ficedula, but no respose(too late, quit of develop?)
Some years later I found Sapphire, this program looked great, but I got some errors.

Suggestion:
Just why isnt cosmo good for translating, loveless is simmilar
some areas have same or very similar text, eg.m1stin, m1_1, m1_2,... I must all translate again and again, I just need some bind this area together, if I change in m1stin, it change m1_1, m1_2,... too.
All text in m1stin is same as text in m1_1, ..., so If I translate all text in m1stin, I want atomatic translate(copy, update) in m1_1, ...

Next is order of areas, I think that best order is in file maplist in flevel.lpg, there area have good order for translating. Of course best is order of areas as game is played. Good can be just enter name of area to edit, dont need choose from list.

Conclusion:
It is long time i cant remeber all reason why was translating bad.
(i dont mention nationals characters, this is not problem of text editor)
If I write somethig stupid, so sorry.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-22 12:57:19 by kruci »

_Ombra_

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007-01-21 18:14:08 »
Hi Kruci,

I think the best way to translate the game right now is use Highwind as LGP Editor and Loveless for the text. About the repeated text you need to check the windows. If a window is assigned to a certain text in the level that means that is used so you must translate it or since some text is repeated throughout different levels you can translate it all and reinsert it in all of them. Btw, the compression used in Loveless is not perfect but it works so you shouldn't have problems while translating.

Oh, Btw, Squall78,

you should implement a text extraction/reinsertion feature as well as a option to use uncompressed levels from a folder and no the LGP itself (this way if somebody want to use other LGP editors they could) and last but not least, change a bit the preview area for the text. What i mean is use a black BG were the text has no window and use real text instead of the tags when is necessary (for example make a slider at the bottom when there is a new page tag so the preview as the size of the real window).
« Last Edit: 2007-01-21 18:23:01 by _Ombra_ »

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007-01-22 20:54:07 »
so first about bind, better say link/connect areas, all text in file md1stin is same as in file md1_1, md1_2, ... so good idea is, if i find that there is same text, I can link text of this files together, so I just edit(or make change) md1stin, and editor edit automatic md1_1, md1_2, ...,

next thing is shortcut, If I must use mouse everytime, if i want translate next text, its long way run. I need just go to next text window.(this is next thing whitch i dont like in cosmo)

lastly i got error If I am usiing loveless, so first error window with this text
Le canevas nepermet pas de dessiner. I dont understand french, its is saying something about "not possible draw"
or sometime this error first and then error above: "parametr is wrong"(its written in czech)
I normaly use loveveless, and then after a while I get this error, if I get this error once, i get them forever. If i close loveless and run again, I cant use it again for a while.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007-01-23 09:01:02 »
Next is order of areas, I think that best order is in file maplist in flevel.lpg, there area have good order for translating.

That's a very good point kruci suggests. I looked inside this file and there are level names typed in an order similar to play appearance. I mean (from left to right):
Code: [Select]
md1stin                         md1_1                           md1_2                           nrthmk                          nmkin_1                         elevtr1                         nmkin_2                         nmkin_3                         nmkin_4                         nmkin_5                         southmk1                        southmk2                        smkin_1                         smkin_2                         smkin_3                         smkin_4                         smkin_5
md8_1                           md8_2                           md8_3                           md8_4                           md8brdg                         cargoin                         tin_1                           tin_2                           tin_3                           tin_4                           rootmap                         mds7st1                         mds7st2                         mds7st3
Isn't that pretty close to the order of appearance in game? Just checking with the help of this list is somehow frustrating because the levels are not even alphabetically sorted there. Just try to search for md8_1, md8_2, md8_3 in this order and you are lost.

The question is... is there a chance to sort the level list according to file maplist? Or at least alphabetically?
« Last Edit: 2007-01-23 09:03:11 by miracle.flame »

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007-01-27 15:15:24 »
Thanks for your suggestions. I've noticed them and will think about them in future versions.

Just to say that I've fixed a bug in Loveless, about compatibility with LGP Tools.
You can redownload it (it's still 2.4 version).

If by chance you have corrupted LGP files, I've written a little LGP Fixer to repair them. Just ask.

I dunno when future versions will be released... I'm tired to developp for now so I take a break ^^'.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007-03-11 22:16:45 »
Oh My Goddess, this is the program im using to make a Perfect Spanish Translation an d i have to say its so so cool, more even the Cosmo's Ficedula Editor, well, i have some questions (or suggestions lol):

1- A Menu Text Editor.
2- Menu Icons Editor (too).
3- Hmm, %&$%$, i dont remember more!!!¬¬ (well, i know I have more suggestions but i cant remember, sorry)

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007-03-11 22:36:46 »
Oh My Goddess, this is the program im using to make a Perfect Spanish Translation an d i have to say its so so cool, more even the Cosmo's Ficedula Editor, well, i have some questions (or suggestions lol):

1- A Menu Text Editor.
2- Menu Icons Editor (too).
3- Hmm, %&$%$, i dont remember more!!!¬¬ (well, i know I have more suggestions but i cant remember, sorry)

see equally so so cool Teioh.
 :-D

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007-03-12 11:29:21 »
Oh yes, im using Teioh too, but it cant edit the Menu text and the menu icons, i hope Squall78 will come back here and maybe say if its possible to make the Menu&Icons Text Editor of FFVII. :roll:

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007-03-12 15:20:57 »
Hi,
it's been a long time :)

I've stopped developing for now (very busy at work) but in some days or weeks I will continue FF7 developing.
Menu texts editing may be possible, I think. I'ts not supported for now because these texts are located somewhere else.
What do you mean by "icons editor" ? You mean characters pictures ?

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007-03-12 15:49:28 »
I mean text icons like HP MP etc lol, wel,l i just found menu texts in FF7.exe into FFText Style so..well...im not very sure if can be edited with a program like Loveless or Teioh but it can be amazing right?^^ Oh, and i was dreaming with Characters Portraits into the dialogs screens, its possible to put them in here? it will be really great right?^^

Scorpicus

• View Profile
    • Scorpicus' Most Amazing Orange Website
Re: Loveless - a FF7 text editor
« Reply #121 on: 2007-05-07 15:08:48 »
Loveless is awesome! Together with the Sephy patch I could make the twisted evil that is a Sephiroth/Aeris Dating Scene:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrvTQDsMOn0

Suggestions:  In a later version would it be possible for Loveless to get rid of a box of game text completly? Also could a button on the tool bar be made to insert the new page command?

Keep up the good work Squall!

MOD EDIT: Split from this topic.  Don't post in old topics.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-07 15:19:02 by Aaron »

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008-01-02 22:25:51 »
Hi there,

I've working on a new version of Loveless (2.5) so I wanted to ask you if you have some ideas, or bugs report.

Thank you

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008-01-03 00:44:54 »
When using it I found if you look through too much text, the program will say it encountered an error and close.

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008-01-03 02:11:36 »
I'm not positive what exactly causes it, but it seems that editing certain text, not sure what, completely erases the text in the field file "las4_42". This is the scene immediately after you defeat JEVONA Synthesis, so in game when you defeat her this causes a crash. This of course can be currently fixed by simply reinserting the original field file with Highwind, but it's still troublesome and might cause more problems than just that.
Another problem, possibly due to symbol hotkeys/buttons/whatever, is during the scene where the party is detected on the train and has to avoid the security checks. Where it would normally say "Car #1" for example, instead it will have "Car [odd symbol here]".
The editor crashes frequently when doing large amounts of editing due to memory problems. Yet if you close and reopen the program, you can resume editing as much as you like so it can't be an issue with the file itself.

Other than these three things, I cannot think of any other bugs.

As for ideas, is it possible to modify default names in the current version? I attempted to edit "Aeris" to "Aerith" using various techniques but none worked. Perhaps a task for Meteor, but if it's possible to implement into Loveless, all the better.