Author Topic: GlovePIE FF7PC script, for anybody who cares (Wiimote! No-numpad!)  (Read 7539 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Got a Wii Remote, Classic Controller, Bluetooth on your PC, and an insatiable desire to tweak with things?

With this script, you can run FF7 using your classic controller! It binds all of FF7's default controls to the related buttons on the controller! It won't work if you have custom keyboard controls! It won't work if you have a laptop without a numpad! Just like you remember on the PSX, analog doesn't work! But you don't care, because attempting to use an analog stick for something that only accepts digital input is imprecise and irritating to use! It also works with the Classic Controller Pro, because internally it's the SAME THING! I recommend it, because it feels more like a DualShock and less like a SNES controller!

So, without further ado, here's a script that most of you probably don't know how to use!

Code: [Select]
// Final Fantasy VII script, by Covarr

NumPad8 = Classic.Up
NumPad2 = Classic.Down
NumPad4 = Classic.Left
NumPad6 = Classic.Right

NumPadEnter = Classic.a
NumPadPlus = Classic.x
NumPad0 = Classic.b
NumPadDot = Classic.y

NumPad9 = Classic.L
NumPad3 = Classic.R
NumPad7 = Classic.ZL
NumPad1 = Classic.ZR

NumPad5 = Classic.Start
NumPadMinus = Classic.Select

Ctrl + Q = Classic.Home

It's so simple, people with ZERO scripting experience can add analog-stick and laptop support themselves if they feel like it! Yay!

You need GlovePIE for this to be even remotely useful. GlovePIE's author is filled with stuff about CO2. You also need bluetooth, and I can't guarantee your adapter will work (some do, some don't). You don't need a sensorbar. You don't need a nunchuk. You don't need a Wii. You don't need FF7, but this script is near useless without it.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-30 18:58:28 by Covarr »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: GlovePIE FF7PC script, for anybody who cares
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-30 12:35:53 »
nice, if you don't mind i will port your script to wminput (wii mote input for mac and linux).

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-30 15:32:41 »
This is very cool I wish I had a PS3 now >.<
Do you know if this program can be used to reassign numpad keys to other keys?  The inputconfig for the numpad fix is in code and it's a little buggy (some keys do multiple things) and I'd like a tool to mess around with this on my laptop.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-30 15:34:16 »
GlovePie Can map just about any input to any other input. provided you script it correctly.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-30 17:58:25 »
nice, if you don't mind i will port your script to wminput (wii mote input for mac and linux).
I don't mind at all.

Do you know if this program can be used to reassign numpad keys to other keys?  The inputconfig for the numpad fix is in code and it's a little buggy (some keys do multiple things) and I'd like a tool to mess around with this on my laptop.
I can write a script right now for this if you want. GlovePIE is simple enough that pretty much anybody can do whatever they want fairly easily, so if you want to change it it's really easy.

There's also a way to make a shortcut that will launch GlovePIE in the background, autoload and run a specific script, and start another application. I'm not sure exactly how to do this, but I saw it in the documentation. Great if you want it to be essentially silent, no-hassle to use.

edit: Here ya go! Controls are mapped just like the laptop patch, you can change them if you want.
Code: [Select]
// Final Fantasy VII Laptop Fix, ported to GlovePIE by Covarr
//       Since I'm nice, I added WASD controls in addition to the
//       controls that the laptop patch normally has.

// Movement
NumPad8 = Keyboard.W or Keyboard.Up
NumPad2 = Keyboard.S or Keyboard.Down
NumPad4 = Keyboard.A or Keyboard.Left
NumPad6 = Keyboard.D or Keyboard.Right

// Action Buttons - These are the face buttons on the PSX version
NumPadEnter = Keyboard.Enter
NumPadPlus = Keyboard.Shift
NumPad0 = Keyboard.Space
NumPadDot = Keyboard.Ctrl

// Left and Right Triggers
NumPad9 = Keyboard.PageUp