Author Topic: Problem with ff8  (Read 2868 times)

dziugas

Problem with ff8
« on: 2010-05-09 23:03:55 »
hi all,
i just installed ff8 and cant start the game. i cant even start ff8config.exe - my system starts to freeze randomly for about 10 seconds - 3 minutes. i tried different loaders and config files, none helped.

i actually managed to launch ff8config.exe, but it took 20 minutes to start!

if i try to start the game, my pc freezes.

I'm currently using w7. any advice how to start the game would be very helpful

EDIT: i managed to start ff8configurator 2.2 the same way - i waited for about 20 minutes. when i got to music screen and pressed play, configurator froze for about 20 minutes, after i changed midi device and pressed play again, it froze again. now I'm sure my problems are midi related. i have no idea how to solve them

edit2: when using aali`s mod, the game freezes at :
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF8 1.2 US English (Nvidia)
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 7600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 2.1.2
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1024x768, output resolution 1024x768, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZING SOUND...
  initializing direct sound
  EAXDirectSoundCreate
  creating primary buffer
  initializing audio data
  OK
  initializing streaming
SOUND INITIALIZED
DIRECT MUSIC - Enumerating Ports...

if i wait long enough, game will eventually find all midi devices and start. but waiting 20 minutes everytime i want to play this game is just....  :(

edit: i managed to start the game on my pc (on both win xp and windows 7) without having to wait for 20 minutes - i disabled onboard audio device(realtek hd audio) in bios.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-13 07:13:11 by dziugas »

Rumars

Re: Problem with ff8
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-23 02:00:45 »
I am so tired of trying methods i want to pull my hair out...:(...okay here it is....FF8, installed multiple times blah blah, patched (i think), most cracks i have found are clearly not going to work as they are not even the same as the .exe but forget that....im on windows 7....an i even tried the regedit method, YET STILL (sighs) i get wrong disc error...most of what most forums are saying i total junk to me, i heard guys say stuff like just press alt-tab sunch an such which dont work, i jus dont know what to try to make this game work....al i wanner do is cheat at the card side game lol...btw :mrgreen: coolest smiley ever....anyway i wonder what i could try next...any tech dudes know whas up in noob worrld noir..?