Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246369 times)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I know for a fact that I have the recent one...similar nomenclature just makes it hard to get across...

But any one of these patches will have the Aerith's house bug...so I'm debating taking it out altogether...or including it and having it be off by default (same as 9999 limit break patch)

obesebear

• View Profile
So far these are all the problems anyone has posted about
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8758.msg113621#msg113621
and
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8758.msg113669#msg113669

Nothing that can't be figured out by someone with an IQ of at least 50.   If you can't figure out to either press or not press a single button, "X",  you deserve to be shot.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
So to make it safe..Make it a separate patch..Oh yeah just like you suggested with the 9999 limit break patch...

That's the benefits of using dziugo's patch right?..you get to choose what to patch...

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I've just posted links to my AI/Kernel mod patch. I can do this now that NFITC1 has perfected WM and PrC to support changes patching. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Just to clarify, these patches are *already* included in the ff7remix patch, so if you've got that, you've got this.

EDIT: Oh, and I'm working on a v2.3.1 with a minor in-game bugfix and a feature that closes ff7music automatically when ff7.exe is closed.

DOUBLE-EDIT: Well, I've finished v2.3.1! I'll redirect the link to point to it even though it won't finish uploading for another few hours...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-17 05:49:35 by titeguy3 »

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
i see your tutorial in you tube, but i can't make aali driver work on me in window mode

here's the screenshot of my opengl.cfg file:

hellllllpppp

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
i see your tutorial in you tube, but i can't make aali driver work on me in window mode

here's the screenshot of my opengl.cfg file:

hellllllpppp

That's odd, it looks to me like you've done everything right... try disabling post processing? I know that smartbloom works in windowed mode but I've only ever tried bloom2 in fullscreen...

you might also want to make sure you have the proper registry keys installed.
Either
A) Run the shortcut to ff7config that should have been made in your start menu when you installed the patch, then click yes when (if) it asks you to install the opengl registry key
B) do it yourself by going to the ff7 folder and double clicking the file "FF7OpenGL.reg" (you might need admin privileges or something to install registry keys.

Hope this helps!

Zarradeth

• View Profile
That's odd, it looks to me like you've done everything right... try disabling post processing? I know that smartbloom works in windowed mode but I've only ever tried bloom2 in fullscreen...

For the record I've been using smartbloom with fullscreen- not saying that it isn't the problem or anything. I just want it to be known that it does in at least some cases, if not all :P.

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
I've got some errors when yamp is applied. ff7 exe is 0 kb

Debug data

Applying patch: GyptInstant
Program entry point. Size of patch: 0x1A2
 5: jmp 0x124 eip:129
61: search reg[0](0x0) 0x5
Raw: 0x16FCD Offset: 0x16FCD
    found: 0x16FCD
F1: errore
61: search reg[1](0x0) 0x17
Raw: 0x16ED7 Offset: 0x16ED7
    found: 0x16ED7
61: search reg[2](0x0) 0x3B
Raw: 0x23BEEA Offset: 0x23BEEA
    found: 0x23BEEA
61: search reg[3](0x0) 0x4D
    nothing found
Error occured while patching the file.

ERROR: Patch couldn't be applied.

Applying patch: MDef
Program entry point. Size of patch: 0xC1
 5: jmp 0x6C eip:71
41: mov reg[FF](0x0) 0x1
66: searchi reg[1](0x0) 0x5 reg[FF](0x1)
    nothing found
F2: errorne
61: search reg[1](0x0) 0x5
    nothing found

Applying patch: TransparentDialogBoxes
Program entry point. Size of patch: 0x34
 5: jmp 0x24 eip:29
61: search reg[0](0x0) 0x5
    nothing found

This is the debug file

Evan Lee

• View Profile
ahm i don't have smartbloom.post in my shader folder or what you call that folder,all i have is bloom2.post

anyway when i tried to open my ff7config.exe  it didn't ask me to install something or antyhing

i just double-click the opengl.reg and click yes when i first downloaded it.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
@klaid: Oops, I didn't organize the patches directory properly... set it up so that the only 4 files in the /patches directory are 9999limitbreaking.srb and .txt and krucisdefaultrun.srb and .txt. delete your 0 size ff7.exe and rename backup_ff7.exe to ff7.exe then re-apply the patch, that should make it work (fixes this).

@evan17lee whenever you run ff7config, it turns off the registry key, so (if it doesn't apply it automatically) you have to doubleclick that file and click yes after every time you run ff7config.

skygunner58201

hey is there any chance of a mirror for this?  I had to restart twice cause the file vanished.  I'd really like to try this out.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
hey is there any chance of a mirror for this?  I had to restart twice cause the file vanished.  I'd really like to try this out.

Yeah, I'm reuploading right now, that's why it's doing that, sorry. Try again in 5 hours.

EDIT: it's up, so downloading shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-19 00:33:35 by titeguy3 »

Evan Lee

• View Profile
it's not working...

kaiya

hi i was wondering if i apply ed this if it would work while back i used a older mod for the gfx that make the characters look more realistic and i had to re compile the files for it to work so i was wondering if i apply ed this if it would override that and work at 100%

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
hi i was wondering if i apply ed this if it would work while back i used a older mod for the gfx that make the characters look more realistic and i had to re compile the files for it to work so i was wondering if i apply ed this if it would override that and work at 100%

It should still work, though it might override whatever mod you had before.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
dude i give up.......
it's not working......

this is really getting on my nerves i'll just buy ff9 or something..

Evan Lee

• View Profile
could you please upload it on torrent?!

please???????? i beg you

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Torrent?? I initially had this patch available via torrent, but scrapped that because someone was willing to host it. You'd get super slow speeds via torrent. What's wrong with the download link?

Evan Lee

• View Profile
you see, i downloaded this patch several times and it's always incomplete i'm always stuck at 355mb or something and that's it,

could you please upload it on torrent? so i can finally get this great patch....

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Torrent is much more reliable than HTTP or FTP, is resumable, and has better error checking.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
I'm a little confused, this says patch 1.02, yet google & such says 1.4 is the newest patch >_<
Also, I made isos of my disks and it tells me to insert a disk to play... is there really no nocd? Disks are a pita

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm a little confused, this says patch 1.02, yet google & such says 1.4 is the newest patch >_<
Also, I made isos of my disks and it tells me to insert a disk to play... is there really no nocd? Disks are a pita

There's a patch that calls itself 1.4 (or sometimes the XP patch), but don't install it. this is why:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=1656

Dragonshadow

• View Profile

There's a patch that calls itself 1.4 (or sometimes the XP patch), but don't install it. this is why:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=1656

Eww, thanks for the heads up.

Now about my isos -.-

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Iso's work just fine...you just have to make sure the virtual drive letter you're using to mount them on is the same as the one you used to install your game initially. If it isn't you have to manually edit the registry to change the disc drive letter to whatever you want to use.

Alternatively, if you don't know how to edit the registry, you can just reinstall the game using the iso of the install disc that you (should have) made. After that it should work fine.

Dragonshadow

• View Profile
Iso's work just fine...you just have to make sure the virtual drive letter you're using to mount them on is the same as the one you used to install your game initially. If it isn't you have to manually edit the registry to change the disc drive letter to whatever you want to use.

Alternatively, if you don't know how to edit the registry, you can just reinstall the game using the iso of the install disc that you (should have) made. After that it should work fine.

Yea it still doesn't work :s

Settings are right (Disk 1 is in virtual drive G), game was installed, then remix was installed)

Launch ff7.exe: