Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4968604 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9400 on: 2020-05-11 11:04:05 »
hey sega chief

since arrange mode is gonna be different on 2.0 of your NT mod

do you think i should start off with normal mode on your 2.0 mod then after it gets released

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9401 on: 2020-05-11 13:48:52 »
hey sega chief

since arrange mode is gonna be different on 2.0 of your NT mod

do you think i should start off with normal mode on your 2.0 mod then after it gets released

There's enough changed in Normal mode of 2.0 to warrant that being the first playthrough even if you've been through NT in the past.

brakthir

• View Profile
« Reply #9402 on: 2020-05-11 16:23:43 »
Quick question guys. I'm assuming if you wish to go back to vanilla FF7 during a playthrough of NT, it isn't possible?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9403 on: 2020-05-11 18:30:36 »
Depends on how it was installed. If it's the IRO, you can deactivate it. If it's the installer, you need to either do a file validation to restore the files (Steam) or reinstall (1998). If you made a backup copy of the data folder before installation then you can revert that way (I typically keep a default copy of the Data folder so I can quickly swap between NT and default for testing).

Also, you can try this installer to revert affected files to default: https://mega.nz/file/i50xQRaZ#_tqb7dQiZgyH0TMOC5cjK-DTRe98aVfU8vO4T2AEs7w

Save files will function from NT to vanilla, though you may see some visual glitches with the exp gauges; these correct once the character levels up.

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9404 on: 2020-05-11 19:00:44 »
Minor thing I found.  Aerith's Wizard staff description says it restores HP, when it actually restores MP.

thunderbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9405 on: 2020-05-11 20:07:34 »
On the subject of Aerith' weapons. Her Princess Guard targets enemy by default, where her other HP recovery weapons target the team by default.

Ketsuban

• View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: 2020-05-11 20:30:49 »
There's enough changed in Normal mode of 2.0 to warrant that being the first playthrough even if you've been through NT in the past.

oh man I'm getting hyped, gonna be the first time I replay an RPG in the same year :P

Dan297na

• View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: 2020-05-11 21:57:21 »
I'm doing the dark cave now and noticed a glitch in Aerith's house.  There is a soldier on the second floor, and when you talk to him he says, "where can she have gone".  If you speak to him again after that the game locks up.

Ozscar

• View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: 2020-05-12 00:51:00 »
Loving this mod so far. One thing that is bugging me is Yuffie's feet... she's walking on stubs. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I have played around with the mods and it persists.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: 2020-05-12 02:04:19 »
Loving this mod so far. One thing that is bugging me is Yuffie's feet... she's walking on stubs. Is this something anyone else is experiencing? I have played around with the mods and it persists.

Had that too. Are you using Ninostyle models? For some reason it works when I have "Battle Models - Qhimm Catalog" load first with Yuffie set to "No Change". I then have "Ninostyle - Battle Models" load after with Yuffie set to the model. You can download the Ninostyle specific IRO from Nexus Mods Manager.

Apekatt

• View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: 2020-05-12 09:16:05 »
Hi, first I just want to say that this is an excellent mod and I've been having a blast playing through it.

However, when I attempt to play the Dark Cave I've encountered my first game breaking bug. When Cloud wakes up next to Barret they have a few lines back and forth. Finally Barret says something along the lines of "Whatever, let's go" and Cloud turns to him. Nothing more happens after this though, I cannot control my character and there is no new dialogue prompt. It's as if they game is waiting for another line but nothing is said.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion how to fix it? Would be fun to be able to play all the added content before finishing Northern Crater.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: 2020-05-12 13:14:47 »
Minor thing I found.  Aerith's Wizard staff description says it restores HP, when it actually restores MP.
On the subject of Aerith' weapons. Her Princess Guard targets enemy by default, where her other HP recovery weapons target the team by default.

Also cursed, feel like I've fixed this several times in the past.

I'm doing the dark cave now and noticed a glitch in Aerith's house.  There is a soldier on the second floor, and when you talk to him he says, "where can she have gone".  If you speak to him again after that the game locks up.

Will sort out.

Hi, first I just want to say that this is an excellent mod and I've been having a blast playing through it.

However, when I attempt to play the Dark Cave I've encountered my first game breaking bug. When Cloud wakes up next to Barret they have a few lines back and forth. Finally Barret says something along the lines of "Whatever, let's go" and Cloud turns to him. Nothing more happens after this though, I cannot control my character and there is no new dialogue prompt. It's as if they game is waiting for another line but nothing is said.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestion how to fix it? Would be fun to be able to play all the added content before finishing Northern Crater.

Is this on the catalog IRO or this thread's IRO? I think the cause was an unassigned animation. If using the thread IRO, then try deactivating animation/model mods temporarily then reactivating them once you reach the first save point.

Apekatt

• View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: 2020-05-12 13:46:02 »
I've been using the thread IRO. Got it, will try to deactivate all other mods and see what happens. Didn't try it before posting since everything else has been working smoothly. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: 2020-05-12 13:57:09 »
Updates

Changelog (since Catalog Update)
*) Battle Costume options added
) Fix for Tifa's Lv.4 Limit Boss Fight (wrong ID)
) Fix for Bizarro battle selection (1 party)
) Bug with one of Bizarro's attacks

) NPC would appear during Midgar Raid during wrong conditions
) Sources given by Randomiser Option in Rank Up menu fixed
) Battle Square; oversight where Cloud wouldn't be added back to the Party if using a different party leader
) Dragoon Lance chest added to Sacred Fire Cave
) Supershot ST chest in the Gelnika placed (and fixed)

12th May
*) Controller Button Icons Added; ESUI has updated to support this, along with an option to swap buttons for Confirm/Cancel which is compatible with NT (thanks Chrysalis)
) Changed default targeting of Princess Guard
) Changed Text of Wizard Staff description to MP instead of HP
) Softlock on NPC talk script in Elmyra's House (Dark Cave sidequest)

NT now uses controller buttons for its prompts. By default these are the PSX buttons with Circle as Confirm. If you use ESUI, you can swap the button prompts to XBox ones and flip the Confirm/Cancel buttons (if you use X/A as your confirm, instead of Circle/B). Use the new option within ESUI for swapping Confirm/Cancel instead of the separate Controller Addon IRO.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/v1NWGCqY#Usfnk-lM3xgKijOsR0YMUZH-4UxriHINsXHuCW7F8CU

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/vtVSTSDZ#y4Oz_BuNPd-L_DbXJ67h5sl1LrrmMzTIYT38VpYUbgw
« Last Edit: 2020-05-12 13:59:56 by Sega Chief »

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: 2020-05-12 14:12:43 »
Wondering if anyone else has run into this. A search on the forum gave no results.

The Hypnocrown seems to be absent during my play through of 1.5. Nearing the end of Disc 1 and Cait Sith did not come equipped with this accessory, nor was it a steal-able item from the Hecteyes as the Enemy Items doc says.

Was it removed in this version of the mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: 2020-05-12 22:42:50 »
Wondering if anyone else has run into this. A search on the forum gave no results.

The Hypnocrown seems to be absent during my play through of 1.5. Nearing the end of Disc 1 and Cait Sith did not come equipped with this accessory, nor was it a steal-able item from the Hecteyes as the Enemy Items doc says.

Was it removed in this version of the mod?

Should be in a chest in the cliff behind the Forgotten City (this screen):

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: 2020-05-13 01:12:32 »
I just turned in the guidebook and the game just won't let me pick up the Gold Chocobo reward. Cloud just says the stable is full even though I don't own a Chocobo. I'm playing the latest version that you released yesterday

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: 2020-05-13 01:53:33 »
I just turned in the guidebook and the game just won't let me pick up the Gold Chocobo reward. Cloud just says the stable is full even though I don't own a Chocobo. I'm playing the latest version that you released yesterday

Just to rule this out, have you bought all 6 stable spaces? I haven't altered the script itself so maybe there's some quirk with it.

OLKv3

• View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: 2020-05-13 02:28:18 »
Just to rule this out, have you bought all 6 stable spaces? I haven't altered the script itself so maybe there's some quirk with it.

...I'm a moron. I completely forgot to buy the stable spaces. Sorry for wasting your time, this is embarrassing.  :-(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: 2020-05-13 12:50:14 »
I'm just glad I don't have to go into that stables script.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9420 on: 2020-05-13 13:53:31 »
Should be in a chest in the cliff behind the Forgotten City (this screen):

/smacks head

DOH, okay, have not yet visited the City of the Ancients! Thanks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: 2020-05-13 15:06:17 »
Thanks to A.G. for the donation, although it was for the randomiser which is a bit busted right now.

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: 2020-05-13 18:50:49 »
Two more questions for the mods on this channel.
  • Have summons recently been buffed? I recall that leviathan used to only buff strength and every other stat took a hit. Now it bumps several stats.
  • What's the link to donate to sega chief and the other contributors?

SeveronSylvanas

• View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: 2020-05-13 20:11:49 »
Hello

Back again with another item drop question.
Has the HypnoCrowns been removed from the hecteyes enemies? I've been trying for a couple of hours trying to steal but not a single one. Even with luck stats low and high. I can steal the other items and it morphs into the Megalixir as per the spreadsheet.
I'll keep trying to get both HypnoCrowns even if the odds are astronomically low.

If they have been removed, are there any other items thats likely to have been removed from other enemies? You did mention that the morphs got removed from the Pagoda bosses due to difficulty.

Many thanks.

otherhand

• View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: 2020-05-13 21:20:04 »
I've completed the mod! For the most part. I think... so here I'd like to both gush and squawk about some aspects of it.

Things I especially liked:
Spoiler: show

- The Dark Cave quest. Did you binge some David Lynch movies before writing this one? It was disorienting in such a good way. I loved the premise with all the confused, trippy NPCs and the bosses which were tough but never unfair, and the finale feels really unique.

- The non-linear progression in weapons and armors, and the sheer level of customization possible through the combination of materia, equips, and Mr. Smile's stat paths. (Though, I did make some mistakes on a few characters, and ended up with a nearly useless Yuffie and an Aeris that got one-shotted constantly in end game. Cid was MVP with his ultimate weapon for its self-heals.)

- All the little details throughout the game that helped the world feel more alive, like various appearances from party members with (usually) in-character dialogue.

- Cid's sidequest was an absolute laugh riot, while still being in the spirit of the game. 
"I used it to augment a giant killer dragon." 
"OK." (fight woosh) 

- Cait Sith's sidequest was a little brief, but complete gold for similar reasons. That boss is just such a ridiculous idea yet totally perfect. One of the hardest of the bunch too, but in a fun way.

- The many appearances of the XATM scorpion. In particular, the moments where it tries to tail attack with a broken tail, and where it jumps into the dragon fight in the Temple. I was getting absolutely stomped by the dragon until it arrived just in the nick of time which was awesome, plus along with the unique mechanics where I started trying to keep it healed, it was a really fun roller coaster. And finally, the last meeting in Barret's sidequest which was surprising in its own way.

- Yuffie joining early, complete with fun gang battle and no "hand me the players' guide" dialogue prompts. Awesome! And overall, her character somehow became more obnoxious and more enjoyable at the same time, which is a tough rope to walk, so serious props for it.

- Reviving Aeris, while a bit silly in the moment with Cloud freaking out, was a lot of fun. As somebody who tried doing it with cheats back in the day, I know you put a lot of effort into making sure she didn't crash the game in every other story scene - and even the extra dialogue in a lot of them. The scene discussing Holy with Bugenhagen was really nice in particular, because of the way it felt like the story had a ripple effect from her being alive.

- That Sephiroth fight, in your first visit to the North. Perfect example of "I couldn't have possibly imagined this would be here, but the moment is SO much better now that it is."

- The Planet materia! So useful. If anything, Contain was a little underwhelming to get afterwards.

- The diorama is closed.

- Junon Tournament has lots of fun bonus appearances and is fun to play through.

- The final fights with Sephiroth were rough but fair, rather than being complete pushovers like in the original.

- All the little nods to other games, like attacks, enemies, and items being renamed or brought in line with other FF games.

- The rebalanced equivalents to Ruby and Emerald, which still took advantage of their unique features but without the BS moves.

Things I didn't like:

Spoiler: show
- No "ultimate secret" or grand finale to the mod, at least not one that I found. It's not a completely necessary thing, as the mod was already amazing without it, but it felt like it was dropping hints every so often that something big and weird was coming. Ultima Weapon talks (!) and drops cryptic hints about Jenova or something. The Dark Cave incident isn't followed up on. Mr. Smile is dripping with ominous "deal with the devil" implications, but once everyone is maxed out, he just tells you to come back later.  And that weird corrupted save point thing...

- The Battle Square Special Battles. Almost everything requires some form of exploit or planned hyper-efficient abuse of mechanics, similar to the original Emerald/Ruby fights, which is fine for those who are excited for that, but they feel much more required than those because several big items are gated behind them, like materia and weapon materials. I got the other 3, but never did manage to beat Nemesis.

- Gilgamesh is awesome and that fight is great, but he takes forever to take down if you're trying to farm BP.

- Red's sidequest has a cool fight, but it felt like it was missing something. I think this would be a good opportunity to "hear the cries of the Planet" and get some trippy messages while you're in the cave, along with maybe some replaced random battles with Northern Crater-level stuff. The return to the cave could feel like part of the quest that way, instead of just a necessary backtracking to get to where the boss is.

- Cloud's sidequest was a good way to incorporate the Zack material, but the fight seemed a little bit tacked on and didn't really fit with the story. The Crisis Core references in his attacks were appreciated, though - and thanks for the save point, I never would've beaten him otherwise!

- There's a certain section of mid-late game where enemies feel completely reliant on status effects. It falls off by the very end, but it gets a little obnoxious for a while because there are no Ribbons or other ways to really defend against it or know what effects are coming except for dedicating a large chunk of a party member's materia space to Hades-AddedEffect + Esuna-All.

- I forgot to get Alexander and a couple enemy skills, so I tried to revisit the Great Glacier and the game kept locking up upon entering.

- Aeris's sidequest had a very cool fight but didn't really take advantage of the mysterious vibes of the Forgotten City. This might just be a personal preference thing, my fault for psyching myself up for some weird secrets down there, or doing something nutty with the White Materia.

- I made the mistake of trying to build Vincent as a mage, so his limits were pretty bad and he became a bit of a liability as a party member. Cait Sith felt like he was missing something too, but his stats were fine.

- But overall, don't worry too much about these things because they feel minor compared to how stellar the mod is as a whole.