Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1091974 times)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
Re: gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod
« Reply #725 on: 2010-07-04 13:52:49 »
forests around cosmo canyon?
only forests i know is ancient forest. Looks like i might have to start breeding chocobos. :|

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2010-07-04 13:55:14 »
Sort of like the ones NEAR cosmo towards gongaga, not actually around cosmo canyon.

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2010-07-04 13:58:12 »
ahhh, alright, i'll check it out.
at what lvl should i be safe to lvl around mideel?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2010-07-04 14:08:46 »
In this mod I find its not really level as much as hp and stats. So just get you some hp plusses mastered and youll be good to go.

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2010-07-04 14:14:34 »
well mastering the HP plus's could take awhile xD

and i found that the pumpkin ghost thingies, in the shinra mansion give you 900-1200 exp, and 105-140ap, and are killed pretty easy with all linked with ice/lightning/fire3

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2010-07-04 14:26:18 »
if you will use the search function and download aali's 0.77b+speedhack(just search for speedhack) you can play much faster. Just extract the dll from the file, not the aali's, and at the bottom of ff7opengl it should say "load_library = speedhack.dll
"

This works in the same way as a turbo function in an emulator.I would only use it at 2 speed unless you are strong enough to kill the enemies using plain physical attacks(because the cursor and battle moves so fast)I can do it at 4x, but it is very hard and I have to stick my battle on wait.

This is also useful for getting through nibelheim flashback. You can set it to like 25 and be done in no time :)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2010-07-04 14:30:43 »
I think there should probably be two Hardcore mod topics; the one here for feedback on the mod itself, and another one in "General" for things like good places to level up and what not 8-)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2010-07-04 14:39:55 »
hmm. . . i never even thought about using the speed hack xD

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2010-07-04 14:48:19 »
I think there should probably be two Hardcore mod topics; the one here for feedback on the mod itself, and another one in "General" for things like good places to level up and what not 8-)

I tried that before, look a few pages back, obesebear merged my topic :( sorry for so many posts...and I had some cool vids of the mod to upload...I will do it in completely unrelated me guesses(although that sucks)

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2010-07-04 14:51:23 »
yeah, and well it wouldn't really be "Completely" unrelated lol

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2010-07-05 02:22:17 »

I tried that before, look a few pages back, obesebear merged my topic :(

Maybe not, then...

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #736 on: 2010-07-05 13:52:14 »
Im having a problem with th hardcore mod. When I first came to this site, I got the remix patcher, materia fix, and thats about it.
Using the remix patcher I went InstallYAMPhardcore and use it, then RunRemixHardcore and played and was succefully on hardcore any time I played.

Well I corrupted my lgp with lgptools finally(I see what you guys meant now)and had to re-install the game.
Upon re-installation I followed the same steps, only when run remixhardcore opens the cmd dialogue says the files are either duplicated or not found lol. The game then runs HORRENDOUSLY slow(a few fps) but upon closing and opening regular FF the speed is backup.

Needless to say still no hardcore mod, so, I downloaded 1.0.1 and tried it, it says it cannot find scene.bin even though it is clearly there. It patches the rest of the files and I guess since scene.bin went unpatched it didnt work.

Does it work now? I dunno how the remix patch works, but if you apply my patch after it should go just fine. IF the files are in their originally intended locations that is. Scene.bin should be in ...\data\battle\.

There are bugs prior to 1.0.1, thus I can't recommend it.

I've played this mod 'til Diamond Weapon, and I don't think it's necessary to level that much.

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2010-07-07 07:08:32 »
does anyone have ANY idea how to kill Jenova Death???

i can't even get close to killing her, my chars are lvl 57

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2010-07-07 15:50:32 »
You should be plenty high enough, Just level those hp plusses some more and maybe heal so you can get resist, but dont cheat on hardcore!

Klownboy

• But. . .I let you die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2010-07-07 20:13:55 »
but dont cheat on hardcore!

so says the guy with 99 megalixirs and 99 hero drinks...

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2010-07-07 21:02:00 »
W-item isnt cheating to me lol.

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2010-07-07 21:11:12 »

Well, W-item's purpose is to allow the use of two items in one turn, not to get infinite items. Making use of bugs and glitches to fit your needs is cheating.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-07 23:44:22 by Armorvil »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2010-07-08 13:54:07 »

Well, W-item's purpose is to allow the use of two items in one turn, not to get infinite items. Making use of bugs and glitches to fit your needs is cheating.
Second this post. Just take a look at glitches of online games like special force. People can go through boxes in some places and shoot there while they are hidden. Glitches are cheating.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2010-07-24 20:39:16 »
I am having a problem...

I can't patch the scene.bin part of my FF7.

I have a feeling that it's because I haven't restarted my pc yet after installing ff7.

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2010-07-24 21:28:25 »
I have a feeling that it's because I haven't restarted my pc yet after installing ff7.

That sounds unlikely to me, but if you're really willing to go to all the trouble of finding out, you could always try... restarting your PC! :P

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2010-07-24 21:41:13 »
I reinstalled it to a new directory, everything worked fine, but now... I CANT FIND THE DAMN EXE!!! It disappeared.

EDIT: I just realized the chocobo patch is doing it and it's because my virus ware keeps containing a trojan...

I need a new chocobo patch apparently.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-24 23:21:11 by Travis »

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2010-07-24 23:44:19 »
You don't need the chocobo patch if you have Aali's Driver, which you should have.

Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2010-07-25 00:08:14 »
Ya, problem fixed.

Blah

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2010-08-07 14:22:17 »
I resumed my savegame, I killed Dyne and went back to junon to get white wind (not that useful on this mod :(  ), and saw an evil rider vr2 (on the rocks near junon). Tried to kill him and came very close to (using laser, nothing else can do 8k damage when you are level24!), but fell short of phoenix down after a 30 min fight and I did not have enough patience to start it over :) will do it again when I am more leveled. Very nice encounter!

Concerning element-W... It is generally not considered as a cheat since it is implemented in the game, it's just a glitch. Its use is up to you, I guess you get more satisfaction when you finish this game without any glitch... But it's not a cheat.

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2010-08-07 15:30:25 »
 LoL @ "glitch implemented in game" XD yeah autors specially glitch their games so people with strange definitions can feel that they don't cheat. xD Buahaha I had a laugh from that. xD Basically cheating is going against the rules, using flaws, glitches and sometimes even specially "implemented" cheats. There are even games you can turn on cheats from main menu without any codes. Rule over W-item is simple - it allows using 2 items at once during fights. Any use of that option outside this rule is cheating:P, and installing hardcore mods just to cheat in them and create another idiot movie about "owning in hardcore" youtube have too much already is just to say delicately... retarded =]. It's like building a wall to show off you can jump over it, then shouting that a plane crashed and walking around while nobody's looking.

*I feel soo pro I owned WEAPON in 8 seconds using glitch* - lol at kids who feel high doing such things. Cheating is going on easy mode whatever hardcore word you write before the game version=]. If an universal - you*talking generally about cheaters* - is thinking he's "pro" or whatever word kids like to call themselves nowadays then he should think twice. Damn old Mario Brothers nes game is harder(and I mean the original not the insane or whatever it was called) than FF7 on hardcore mod with unlimited Megaelixirs and stuff like that.

Cheating can be fun, can be usefull, but NEVER call a game hard while you use cheats/glitches/dog food/whatever you call it to feel better. That's just wrong.