Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694823 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #625 on: 2010-01-27 22:02:08 »
00.lgp is the char.lgp and chocobo.lgp and 01.lgp is the rest on the mini games and the menu and the world LGP's
People who move the 00 & 01 LGP's lost about 20 models or so
And a mod Menu

Thanks for the correction ice_cold. I never had luck with the prp.exe, so I never knew that the mini games & menu had been moddified.

Same here, can someone outline to me what those changes are?

EDIT: I haven't noticed changes yet, but I also haven't really poked around, but I've got the PRP.EXE working without crashes.  I moved the PRP.exe as well as 00.lgp and 01.lgp, into the main FF7 folder, and renamed it to ff7.exe so it runs with aali's driver, works fine for me.  I also made copies of the 00.lgp and 01.lgp and left one copy in their original location.

Hope this helps someone get this addon working
« Last Edit: 2010-01-27 22:10:01 by cactusjack901 »

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2010-01-30 23:42:10 »
the laptop patch does not seem to work with prp, it does work the original executable though. Anyone know how I can solve this?

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2010-01-31 04:31:13 »
the laptop patch does not seem to work with prp, it does work the original executable though. Anyone know how I can solve this?

if you want I'll send you my ff7input which should work fine

its set like the following

WSAD - Up, Down, Left, Right
I - Menu (Triangle)
J - Switch (Square)
L - Ok (Circle)
K - Cancel (X)
U - Page Up (L1)
O - Page Down (R1)
Tab - Help (Select)
Q - Assist (L2)
E - I can't quite remember what it does, because I don't use it that much (R2)

To put it simply, I just make it so my keyboard emulates a PSX controller, makes it easier for someone like me who's been played the PSX version for years

sedef122003

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 2010-01-31 14:38:00 »
cactusjack, if you can help me in any way then I would really appreciate it

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2010-02-12 06:40:53 »
wow i havent check on PRP in a long while it all looks quite impressive  looking forward to the next release

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2010-02-18 05:28:53 »
HELP!! I'm trying to display the remade models on the world map but they just stay the same!?...First I extract lgp archive 01 then I copy the duplicate files to world_us then...NOTHING changes at all please if anyone could help I am literally at my wits end both highwind and lgp tools are throwing up errors I've never seen.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2010-02-19 04:13:35 »
wouldn't you have to open up worldus.lpg instead of chocobo.lpg or field.lpg from memory field is 00 and chocobo is 01 just saying

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2010-02-19 18:10:53 »
wouldn't you have to open up worldus.lpg instead of chocobo.lpg or field.lpg from memory field is 00 and chocobo is 01 just saying

Yeah thanks I got it...Now I cant get the heads in the chocobo races to show there just cut in half Hmmmm.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 18:42:39 by Mako »

Sk-F

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2010-02-22 19:31:09 »
Sorry my mistake. Remove this whenever possible.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 2010-02-25 00:54:36 »
hi,

first of all i wanna thank every person involved in this beautiful project...im a die hard FFVII fan and this is another reason for me to play this game again, haha...

but for some reason i dont get the saint hi res patch to work with the new prp patch???
i've read all 26 pages of this thread and noticed that quite a few people actually get this to work
and im wondering how??? what am i doing wrong??? is there an special order on how to install the different patches??
i would really appriciate any help regarding this problem...thx in advance...
and also do i need to install the direct x5 codec which is automaticly tipped by default, because i untipped both options during installation??

here's the order how i did it:

1. full install
2. applied the ff7 1.02 patch
3. then installed the saints hi-res patch (first i put the hi-res patcher in the ff7 dictonary - doubleclick and then i put the hi-res patch fix in there too and also doubleclick)
4. applied a few yamp patches like - transparent dialog boxes, advent avatars, spell patch  & 9999 limit breaking
5. and finally installed the prp patch - i renamed 00 to "char.lgp" and 01 to "world_us.lgp and copied and pasted them in the right folders
    by the way does it make a difference if i rename them like "char.lgp" or char.LGP???

6. and applied the laptop key patch

for some reason i dont get this to work, and i really wanna use the hi-res patch...any help is appriciated...thx in advance, peace...1

PS: do i have to make any changes in the config?? maybe tip or untip any option?? i also noticed that in the graphic tab on the right it says on every singleoption "pass" but on the last one "something  with 8bit" not, is that maybe the cause of all problems???

my system:

vista home premium
dual core 2.0g
ati readeon x200 - 256mb
2g ram
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 01:01:36 by killuminati777 »

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 2010-02-25 01:16:54 »
Saint's patch is now pretty much null and void, it's been surpassed by Alii's OpenGL driver found here

Re-install the 1.02 patch then extract the driver to the FF7 install folder.

Try that out and see if it works, you can adjust the resolution to the values of your choice in the supplied .cfg file.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2010-02-25 15:42:44 »
thankxx for your help bro...i did everything u said, but still no hi-resolution...
by the way how do i open the cfg file???

heres how i did it:

i extracted the rar file on a different location and then copied and pasted everything into the ff7 folder, but i cant get it to work???
and the fmv sequesnces has flickering in it as well, is that normal???

hope u can help me out again...i want to run ff7 prp style with the aali open GL driver, plus the advent avatars, cant get them to work ether for some reason...

thx in advance...peace

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2010-02-25 17:06:22 »
thankxx for your help bro...i did everything u said, but still no hi-resolution...
by the way how do i open the cfg file???

heres how i did it:

i extracted the rar file on a different location and then copied and pasted everything into the ff7 folder, but i cant get it to work???
and the fmv sequesnces has flickering in it as well, is that normal???

hope u can help me out again...i want to run ff7 prp style with the aali open GL driver, plus the advent avatars, cant get them to work ether for some reason...

thx in advance...peace

Hey killuminati777 you have to set the resolution in the config file (HINT:looks like a notepad not a chocobo) hope that helps.

EDIT: Open config file with notepad by right clicking on it.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-25 18:44:21 by Mako »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2010-03-06 23:36:05 »
I heard some nasty news that this project was discontinued, please tell me the person who said this was under the influence at the time ???

Dzin

« Reply #639 on: 2010-03-06 23:56:33 »
Noone from the original authors said they keep working on it, the last release was a pain for ice_cold to bring to us, so I suppose there won't be anymore release as long as noone works on it.

There must be somewhere on this forum a list of what's left to be done, we only need some people willing and skilled enough to finish this - it's some nice work anyway.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-06 23:59:20 by Dzin »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2010-03-07 00:13:37 »
dammit, i gotta learn to model then, i told myself i would learn a long time ago but like most of my endeavors, nothing came of it, but i promise i'm gonna give it my all with blender now so i could help with this no matter how long it takes.JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!!!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2010-03-07 00:18:11 »
PRP doesn't really require much of any modeling knowledge... just Kimera knowledge.  But with everyone making higher poly count models that are nicely textured... it makes me wonder if this project may as well be halted

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2010-03-07 00:38:15 »
well i really wanna make my own models with blender since seeing everyone's contribution has me feeling inferior, so since i have absolutely no knowledge of 3d modelling( only some in 2d animation which doesn't count) i gnna read the "blender noobs to pro" wiki book to get started and providing school doesn't kill me i'm gonna try modding for myself.

Dzin

« Reply #643 on: 2010-03-07 07:57:10 »
Actually, most of the job can be done by reusing the same models again and again, and they're already done. But there are many files to replace, many textures to adjust, and some new models from PRP are... almost as blocky as those from the original files.

For the sake of compatibility, the installer should modify the existing files instead of creating new ones, but PRP's authors didn't choose this way only for fun. I don't remember why it had to be done that way.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2010-03-10 04:08:28 »
The flashing materia will be fixed on the next release.  I'm also planning to make the installer myself so it will be totally user friendly.. in fact I intand to do it so that the user won't even have to do anything all will be done automatically.  I didn't talk to ice cold about it yet but I don't think he would mind.

Anyone know what happened to him?

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #645 on: 2010-03-10 21:06:25 »
PRP doesn't really require much of any modeling knowledge... just Kimera knowledge.  But with everyone making higher poly count models that are nicely textured... it makes me wonder if this project may as well be halted

No, this should not be thrown away.  Please any of the original authors your work was not a waste.  This will be the best field model mod.  Why?
Because it doesn't have high poly counts.  It fits in with the old backgrounds and it looks the way the game should have looked in the first place.
I don't understand why people are working so hard to get the main cast and weapons to look the absolute best they can when they could be working on this and actually finishing it.
Those other models they don't fit, at all.  They look silly to be honest.  Let's look at it the other way around, ridiculously amazing pre-rendered backgrounds with lego looking models like the original.  That wouldn't fit either.  You're remaking one aspect of the entire game.

Honestly I would rather play with the lego looking ones than the injected Advent Children ones.  And Advent Children sucks by the way.

Some of you may say well we'll just have to update the backgrounds.  But think about how long that would take or if it would ever be finished.  Look at this one, how many years has it been?  And this is much easier.

And you talented people who aren't working on this should think about what I've said.  You could actually finish this and perfect it.

To Ice Cold, you seem to be the only one left.  Don't give up on this man.  You've come too far.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-10 21:35:08 by Changeling »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2010-03-10 21:09:54 »
I agree with changeling, this is an epic project that should definitely be finished. :lol: i mean the hi res models are nice and all but i don't think it's possible to make all the models hi res( while i'm still able to walk anyway) and this project just fits the game very nicely.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-10 21:16:49 by idl12 »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #647 on: 2010-03-10 21:39:44 »
I love Final Fantasy.  And it will never be what it used to be.  I mean besides the remakes on the DS I haven't seen much good come from the franchise in almost ten years.  Once they start making Hollywood movies and sh*t a Japanese video game franchise starts to go way down.  Take Resident Evil and Silent Hill for example.  They start to milk it for everything it's worth and start radically changing the formula.  Considering how many games they've released changing the formula does make sense, but XII was very disappointing.  I don't know about XIII but it reminds me of Japanese pop music.  Free falling from airplanes and action packed cutscenes...I don't know.

That's why we do this.  Even if they remake VII on the PS3 it will never be as good as this one.  Not just because of nostalgia either.  The reason why the DS remakes have been good is because they stuck very close to the original concept and art design.  I know what they would turn VII into, just look at Advent Children and you'll see.

Between Aali's new plugin and this it would be perfect.

Anyway that's the end of my long ranting speech.  If I knew the first thing about modeling I would help, but I don't.  I am willing to learn though.
Right now I'm working on the script for VI...again.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-10 21:52:59 by Changeling »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 2010-03-10 21:48:52 »
well TA is trying to facelift the game whilst staying true to the original art style. and yes, remaking all the backgrounds will take a long time, but thats no reason to feel down. pick up a 3d ap n help out, its that hard, just gotta put in a lil time! The more people we have, the faster it goes.

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #649 on: 2010-03-10 21:54:22 »
It will never be finished.  There will always be something more appealing to the eye, and that project will be abandoned.  This is the face lift, the other ones would have to lead to a complete overhaul.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-10 21:57:41 by Changeling »