Author Topic: [FF7PC] Phoenix Rejuvenation Project (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 694849 times)

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Final Fantasy VII Phoenix Rejuvenation Project
« Reply #650 on: 2010-03-10 21:55:59 »
well i dunno bout you, but i'm not too fond of 320x240 backgrounds blown up to 1600x1200 :P

btw, optimism for the win, if you dont want in fine, but no reason to assume we'll give up

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2010-03-10 22:01:42 »
He's right, it will likely be abandoned.  Repeatedly.  But I like to think eventually it will be completed by someone.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2010-03-10 23:08:00 »
i wanna help out desperately but i've only got weekends to spend learning blender, since school is rulling most of my life even though i've just got 1 year to go. So hopefully someday i can help with the whole overhaul thing. and  i really hope the ff6 thing gets completed

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2010-03-11 01:06:01 »
I was unaware I am supposed to abandon my project. My bad

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2010-03-11 01:14:12 »
Boooommmm.
Seriously guys.  Why nay say?  So far the graphical overhaul has picked up so much momentum and accomplished so much that there really isn't a reason this wouldn't get done too.  When Summer comes I'll start learning my way around texturing since that's what the project is short on.  Right now in terms of actual noticeable difference the GO is winning the mod battle.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2010-03-11 01:40:49 »
Hey Changeling, you're entitled to your opinion, but hey, so am I...

Don't be a douche. If you'd prefer for the game to look balanced, then that's fine. It's perfectly easy to only install or work on the mods that you think are best for the game, there's no need to say discouraging things like:

I don't understand why people are working so hard to get the main cast and weapons to look the absolute best they can when they could be working on this and actually finishing it.
Those other models they don't fit, at all.  They look silly to be honest.  Let's look at it the other way around, ridiculously amazing pre-rendered backgrounds with lego looking models like the original.  That wouldn't fit either.  You're remaking one aspect of the entire game.

Honestly I would rather play with the lego looking ones than the injected Advent Children ones.  And Advent Children sucks by the way.

Now I agree that this mod shouldn't be abandoned or forgotten, as it was pretty much *the* most arduous task taken up in terms of modding FF7 at the time. I feel like it's projects like this that put the idea in a lot of people's heads that things like the Team Avalanche Overhaul can be accomplished and I definitely don't approve of people down-talking it.

Also, you may not have implied this but I just wanted to clarify that none of the models in the Team Avalanche Overhaul adhere to advent children styles and never will (afaik), and yes the mod does only redo part of the game graphically, but it's still a WIP. Even if it never gets done, Team Avalanche intends to redo every low-res aspect of the game.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2010-03-11 01:47:25 »
To list those :P

all models, this includes characters, vehicles, enemies, world map stuffs (the buildings, i dont think we can change the ground mesh) the weapons, even spells which have 3d components, summons.

All of these will be textured.

Additionally, we intend to remake all the prerendered backgrounds, and with those, the FMVs.

All magic textures (most of those are done)

All of these things are made to look just like the originals in terms of style, but use current day technology to make them at higher qualitiy, for example, we do not have the same restrictions on disc space, images don't have to be 8 bit, and models can make use of many more polygons.

Yes, this will take ages. but hey! its fun!

Dzin

« Reply #657 on: 2010-03-11 12:44:27 »
Although I stated on the stickied topics that the PRP's development is discontinued, I still hope it will get finished - as it is, it's the first mod I try to get working everytime I've played FF7 for at least 2 years. Most of the characters look thinner, less blocky - it may not be finished but it's still one of the main and most accomplished mod we have here.

Good luck to every modder  :mrgreen:

PS: TA should get together some of their files to show us what is done, I didn't find much except here.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2010-03-11 13:05:24 »
most (if not all) the GUI has been remade at a higher resolution (staying true to original design) think most of the magic/special effects, 90% of the world map (not even an exaggeration) an entire Barret Model, Soon to be all of clouds weapons, and Tifa (she's been modeled. just needs a texture) and i think one BG scene. if you look on the TA forum you'll find screen shots. Mind you thats all thats finished.

Awaiting textures we have: a second BG scene (soon a third) most of the main cast (Cloud, Cid, and Sephiroth are missing for main playable NPC, vincent in the works) So, if you know any texture artists please. for the love of all that is holy. Send them our way :D

Cloud187

• View Profile
    • alt avatar
« Reply #659 on: 2010-03-12 02:25:25 »
good god, im new to the board i must say, i checked in here 3 years ago to see if the game had been modded and its still not done lol....

Please dont flame i do not mean it in a bad way or anything. but i am curious what is going on with the modding how many projects are there and is this the main one ?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2010-03-12 16:43:04 »
good god, im new to the board i must say, i checked in here 3 years ago to see if the game had been modded and its still not done lol....

Please dont flame i do not mean it in a bad way or anything. but i am curious what is going on with the modding how many projects are there and is this the main one ?

If you want to see the full extent of what's been done...check this out.
Progress is being made much quicker than it was back then, though.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2010-03-12 18:17:06 »
Hmmm... is that some shame-less self advertising I see?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2010-03-12 22:46:34 »
Hmmm... is that some shame-less self advertising I see?
Hahahahaha guilty as charged.  ;)

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #663 on: 2010-03-23 03:52:05 »
Hey Changeling, you're entitled to your opinion, but hey, so am I...

Don't be a douche. If you'd prefer for the game to look balanced, then that's fine. It's perfectly easy to only install or work on the mods that you think are best for the game, there's no need to say discouraging things like:

I don't understand why people are working so hard to get the main cast and weapons to look the absolute best they can when they could be working on this and actually finishing it.
Those other models they don't fit, at all.  They look silly to be honest.  Let's look at it the other way around, ridiculously amazing pre-rendered backgrounds with lego looking models like the original.  That wouldn't fit either.  You're remaking one aspect of the entire game.

Honestly I would rather play with the lego looking ones than the injected Advent Children ones.  And Advent Children sucks by the way.

Now I agree that this mod shouldn't be abandoned or forgotten, as it was pretty much *the* most arduous task taken up in terms of modding FF7 at the time. I feel like it's projects like this that put the idea in a lot of people's heads that things like the Team Avalanche Overhaul can be accomplished and I definitely don't approve of people down-talking it.

Also, you may not have implied this but I just wanted to clarify that none of the models in the Team Avalanche Overhaul adhere to advent children styles and never will (afaik), and yes the mod does only redo part of the game graphically, but it's still a WIP. Even if it never gets done, Team Avalanche intends to redo every low-res aspect of the game.

Douche, well done.  And yes I am entitled. Anyway they look like Advent Children to me.  Or Kingdom Hearts Disney crap.

This is cool.  Original man, original.

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/packaging/ffchr.jpg

I remember when Reunion first started this project.  I think it was sometime in 2004.  I was like hooollllly sh*t!  It was very cool to see what FFVII was supposed to look like a little bit.
To the development team, thank you so much for keeping this going for as long as you did, especially Ice Cold.  Believe me man I understand what it's like to lose interest.

But it's alright.  As long as Aali can make it run in 32bit and fullscreen I will be happy.  But this project was very very cool.  RIP
« Last Edit: 2010-03-23 04:30:14 by Changeling »

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2010-03-23 23:27:58 »
May i ask what about team avalanche's efforts make the game look like advent children( which i thought was rather amazing, people tend to look at me weird when i say that)? I use just about every graphics mod made along with this project and they all fit in pretty nicely in my opinion. Anyways, just thought i would put that out and by the way best of luck with your ff6 translation,( can't wait!!!!!) :-D

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2010-03-23 23:40:32 »
Reunion...

That was long before my time but that's the mod that replaced field models with the battle models correct?  Is there anyway I could get a hold of that now?  No offense to the artists but I prefer the way the battle models look to the PRP main characters.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2010-03-24 00:12:52 »
Right here, :) http://www.gzanime.net/index.php?gz=dl&name=ff7 the only problem with the reunion patch is that it has some weird clipping Though.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2010-03-24 21:36:28 »
Reunion...

That was long before my time but that's the mod that replaced field models with the battle models correct?  Is there anyway I could get a hold of that now?  No offense to the artists but I prefer the way the battle models look to the PRP main characters.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5105.0

try one of those downloads maybe?

I know the older version of the PRP had the same look as the reunion patch, but this version has more then just that and the right clipping.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2010-03-24 21:56:05 »
Saaaahhhweeeettttt
I think I may have used those when I first came here, but cloud's sword looked a little silly and the shiny bodies were a turn off.
Was there ever a mod that Just took the battle models and converted them to field?

Ah nvm, just checked the first link lol.  THANKS, I'll see how these look.

Shoot, it needs a fresh menu.lgp.  Looks like I'll be re applying the GUI overhaul and menu art mod lol

Ok this is turning out to modify more than one lgp and it wants the originals to work on.  I don't want to end up completely remodding my FFVII instal, does anyone have the extracted field lgp changes that would be made? ;D
« Last Edit: 2010-03-24 22:22:47 by willis936 »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #669 on: 2010-03-27 09:03:53 »
OK everyone this is kind of a big favor but if anyone could help me that would great and if you do I'll keep you posted on what's happening with FFVI D.

Since this project may be abandoned, I want to get the latest version, and a Cloud field model that looks like the original battle model WITHOUT the sword on his back.  I don't like the "high definition" one, maybe it's for nostalgic reasons.  And the sword thing, I don't know he looks a bit silly running around in the field with the giant sword on his back.  I used to have that model before my computer crashed and it's awesome.

I have to get going but it would be cool if someone could post a link or send it to me.  Either of those two things.

And I have a question.  How far did this get?  Like in the ballpark?  60, 70 80%?  Or even better how many models out of the complete amount...for example - 200/350 (I have no idea how many models the game has)

To Ice_Cold and SquallFF8, PLEASE FINISH THIS!!

Don't just throw it away!  All that hard work for nothing?  Besides paving the way for something else that won't be finished and looks ridiculous?
Look I know there are new mods out there that may "look better" to some people but believe me there are a lot of people that just lurk and wait for sh*t to come out, not to mention some of the people that agreed with me.  Most of the people that play these older games is because they played them when they were young and they may not want Kingdom Hearts or Advent Children models.
And to you guys that want to slam me for not liking either of those just go to the new threads and f*** off.

To the guys that are lurking SPEAK UP.  The more praise you give to these artists the more incentive they have to finish it.  I know it's been six years and it's hard to have faith but just say something.

I haven't played VII in years, because I've been waiting for you to finish this.  That and the cheesy merchandise that has spawned from it.  But I started to play it and it's f***ing awesome but I look at the models and wonder man it would be so cool if PRP was done.

Thanks everyone, gotta go.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-27 09:14:17 by Changeling »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #670 on: 2010-03-27 09:26:45 »
One more thing.

This mod is the most important.  But with all of these...

PRP
FF7Music
Aali's Graphic's Driver

Final Fantasy VII will finally be complete, you know?

I mean with higher resolution movies and some bi-linear filtering or something on the backgrounds it will be absolutely perfect.

But those mods above are essential.  And if they are all finished then yes by all means you guys that want to pretty much remake FFVII well more power to you but be low key about it because I would think that Square would try to shut this forum down.

God I don't even know why I care so much, I guess it's because it's my favorite, when it came out I was ten years old and it brings back a lot of good memories.

This forum is great too, but let's try to finish something for once yeah?
« Last Edit: 2010-03-27 09:33:06 by Changeling »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #671 on: 2010-04-05 00:08:39 »
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=240028

See, eventually the new company is going to remake FFVII for the PS3.

So what's the point of remaking the original?

There's so many reasons to finish this.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2010-04-05 00:48:09 »
Changeling, although i understand you're just voicing your opinion on the TA project (and most graphical enhancement projects) please. stop, you not only triple posted. But no-one cares because they didn't reply.

I mean i don't mean to come off as an ass here, But do you think anyone like APZ, or Millenia, Or anyone in TA wants to read that their efforts are basically useless?

Since it hasn't been stated directly by SE on their site i will take it as a rumor like all others, when i see some WIP from Square or an official announcement then i'll believe it. Until then. Abide by the rules of the site, use the damn EDIT button

EDIT: (you know the thing you should use)

If you want to see this project finished ask for the files and pick up Kimera, most modders here are self taught, And so can you.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-05 00:59:27 by Hellbringer616 »

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #673 on: 2010-04-05 03:50:01 »
Why wouldn't they remake it?  It's their most popular and best selling game.  It's going to happen.

And yes I will pick up Kimera if no one else wants to, but right now I'm in the middle of the VI script.

Edit:  Why does that piss you off so much?  Freak.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-05 03:52:22 by Changeling »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2010-04-05 03:51:58 »
Why wouldn't they remake it?  It's their most popular and best selling game.  It's going to happen.

Just because they will eventually remake it, does not mean that it will be a /good/ remake, or one i'd like to play. :P That's why i do what I do