Author Topic: People Like this Make Me Sick (kitty cat related)  (Read 25447 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
i just got home from a day at the family cottage, on my way to the door, i find a friendly little black kitten following me, one of my neighbors walks over to me and explains that my other neighbor just moved out and abandoned the cat here, right now my good neighbor is looking after this cat, but i made it clear i'm more than willing to take it in myself (it got inside my house during this and is the first cat i've ever seen get along with my two other cats). i make just enough money every week from babysitting to look after the little guy.

what sickens me is that someone could do this, this kitten is young, its not so young its got a bigger head than its body, but its very small, and when i picked it up, it's skin was extremely soft and tender, it was also skinny, people that would abandon an animal they initially took responsibility for sicken me to the point where i get physically ill to my stomach. i truly wish i could understand the mindset of a person like this, because i spent ten long and frustrating minutes just swearing to myself about this.

what are your guys thoughts, am i doing the right thing, and what are your thoughts on people like this.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Re: People Like this Make Me Sick (kitty cat related)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-14 03:58:21 »

Just makes me sad. And gives me an almost uncontrollable need to bring said cat home with me.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-14 04:07:00 »
Just makes me sad. And gives me an almost uncontrollable need to bring said cat home with me.

you to huh? :P i already have a name picked out as well, Shade

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-14 04:10:35 »
Cool name, that just sucks about what happened to the poor ... fella?

Glad it's finding a good home.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-14 04:12:15 »
You've done the right thing, a person like me would've just looked the other way and as for what I think about people like that, it's just life in my opinion, maybe they had their reasons, maybe they didn't, I try to not let it bother me. In one scenario, my neighbour used to have a pair of dogs which I've known and played with since they were puppies that he neglected, He kept them fed, but he never really cared for them and they were always roaming the streets, eventually, one was stolen and the other was chopped in the head and bled to death, during the time they were alive, he always tried to give them to someone else,repeatedly offered them to me I could've stepped in, but I just didn't really care all that much, in my opinion they were just animals and would've been a hole in my pocket since I'd have had to pay for their food and whatnot myself, In a way you could say that I'm just like those people, At the end of the day, they're just animals that will be dead before you know it anyway, so no point in having too much feelings for them, perhaps that was also their mindset. Just giving my honest opinion, though I own three dogs now and I love all of them but if something were to happen to them I really wouldn't care. Hope that made sense there.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-14 04:15:32 »
You've done the right thing, a person like me would've just looked the other way and as for what I think about people like that, it's just life in my opinion, maybe they had their reasons, maybe they didn't, I try to not let it bother me. In one scenario, my neighbour used to have a pair of dogs which I've known and played with since they were puppies that he neglected, He kept them fed, but he never really cared for them and they were always roaming the streets, eventually, one was stolen and the other was chopped in the head and bled to death, during the time they were alive, he always tried to give them to someone else,repeatedly offered them to me I could've stepped in, but I just didn't really care all that much, in my opinion they were just animals and would've been a hole in my pocket since I'd have had to pay for their food and whatnot myself, In a way you could say that I'm just like those people, At the end of the day, they're just animals that will be dead before you know it anyway, so no point in having too much feelings for them, perhaps that was also their mindset. Just giving my honest opinion, though I own three dogs now and I love all of them but if something were to happen to them I really wouldn't care. Hope that made sense there.

i think the problem their is that people just don't try to see it from the animals point of view, the suffering, and the abandonment

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-14 04:52:59 »
Youa are a good man, I applaud you. If it was me I would spend the next three months finding said neighbor, invite them over, and then beat the living shit out of them. Violent tendencies, but satisfying.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-14 04:54:43 »
Youa are a good man, I applaud you. If it was me I would spend the next three months finding said neighbor, invite them over, and then beat the living sh*t out of them. Violent tendencies, but satisfying.

i was thinking of hunting them down :P

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-14 05:04:38 »
I would like to hear of your success ha ha.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-14 16:31:10 »
1. Find out former neighbour's name and new address

2. Tell /b/

3. ? ? ? ?

4. PROFIT!

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-14 19:42:42 »

So I'm NOT the only one...  Good to know

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-14 20:30:10 »
1. Find out former neighbour's name and new address

2. Tell /b/

3. ? ? ? ?

4. PROFIT!
Rules 1 & 2, KM

That being said, this idea is money.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-14 20:32:37 by titeguy3 »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-14 20:39:36 »
No-one cares about rules 1&2. What's the point of them, anyway?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-14 21:37:38 »
To make people feel cool for knowing about /b/

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-14 21:39:45 »
Knowing about /b/ doesn't make you cool. Your mother knows about /b/.

I told her about it when we were in bed last night

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-08-14 23:25:03 »
Knowing about /b/ doesn't make you cool. Your mother knows about /b/.

I told her about it when we were in bed last night

Ahem.....that poor, poor kitten

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-08-15 00:13:42 »
Cats are pretty cool.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-08-15 01:02:29 »

too bad 1 & 2 only apply during raids... Even so, 4chan = not funny

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010-08-15 01:20:56 »

too bad 1 & 2 only apply during raids... Even so, 4chan = not funny
Thread officially derailed.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-08-15 01:23:55 »
I personally hate cats... I am severely allergic to them.

But, treating animals inhumanely is still ridiculous.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #20 on: 2010-08-15 07:17:32 »
thoughs who dare act against kitties (Travis is off the hook due to his alergies :P) shall be smited by the all powerful and all-rediculous kitty-savior 9000 (me in a cardboard box suit that looks like a gundam)

MWUHAHAHAHAHA.

seriousely though, i get some people don't like cats, but if thats the case with this woman, she shouldn't have gotten it in the first place. makes me want to... do terribly unstablely dark and horrifying Hellsing/Gantz/Elfen Lied inspired things to her.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010-08-15 08:45:49 »
makes me want to... do terribly unstablely dark and horrifying Hellsing/Gantz/Elfen Lied inspired things to her.

This lady sounds like one of those people on the far left of the IQ bell curve who thinks that animals don't have feelings.  If you hunt her down and harm her, at least try not to do anything to her head, or you may threaten those few, precious brain cells that keep her smart enough to breathe.

Of course, I'm assuming I have the full story when I say this.  It could always be that there is some ulterior reason as to why this cat was left behind, other than that its owner doesn't care about it.  By "abandon", are you sure that your neighbor meant "left homeless"?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #22 on: 2010-08-16 06:03:03 »
makes me want to... do terribly unstablely dark and horrifying Hellsing/Gantz/Elfen Lied inspired things to her.

This lady sounds like one of those people on the far left of the IQ bell curve who thinks that animals don't have feelings.  If you hunt her down and harm her, at least try not to do anything to her head, or you may threaten those few, precious brain cells that keep her smart enough to breathe.

Of course, I'm assuming I have the full story when I say this.  It could always be that there is some ulterior reason as to why this cat was left behind, other than that its owner doesn't care about it.  By "abandon", are you sure that your neighbor meant "left homeless"?

according the my other trusted neighbor, when she left, she through it out a window, i'm pretty sure thats clear.

and your right, i shouldn't harm her head, it may be needed for study many years ahead :P

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010-08-16 15:43:59 »
Funny you should post this. I recently had two sad run-ins with cats.

I take the bus to work in the mornings. I was walking to the bus stop the other day, and heard this mewling. As I approached the sound, I realized it was a cat, in the middle of the road, with both of it's back legs broken. It was obvious that someone had hit it, and not bothered to stop.

The cat was scrambling with it's front paws every time a car approached. So I stood in front of the cat and started directing cars around it (it calmed down when it realized the cars were staying away from it, but it didn't stop crying). Finally someone in a car stopped and said they could take it to their vet, who was open early.

- If the person hitting the cat and leaving it wasn't mean enough - while I was standing there assessing the situation, a lady came out of her house (that the cat was in front of) and says, "That cat's been here all morning. It woke me up early with that noise."
WTF? If the noise bothered you so much, call animal control to have it put down! Don't just be annoyed that the cat's agony is inconveniencing you   :x

Story II
I drove to Maryland this weekend for my niece's 1st b-day. Along the highway there was a itty bitty kitty - we're talking weeks old, definitely under eight. There was a car with his flashers on in front of it. A guy gets out of his car, picks up the cat from the road, and puts it in the grassy median area. Why not put it on the side? I have no idea, the thing was stranded between two really busy stretches of highway.

I took an exit and spun around to get on the same side as the kitten. But when I pulled over I couldn't find it again. I ididn't see any splats on the road, so I'm hoping it made it back to his fam.

tl;dr You're lucky that you have a situation where you can help the cat you found.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #24 on: 2010-08-16 19:21:07 »
It makes me sick when inhumane practices happen. I have two cats and I'm waiting for one that I can rescue. People that hurt animals (whether they are allergic or not!) deserve to be shot or made sterile. That's just sick and twisted behavior as it is and the world needs less of that.