Author Topic: how do you watch your DVDs?  (Read 6451 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
how do you watch your DVDs?
« on: 2010-08-19 21:39:43 »
i personally when i buy a dvd, will use software to rip it to my computer then copy it over my network to my PS3. thatway i can watch the movie even if the disc gets damaged.

how do YOU watch dvds? do you just shove em in a player or do you watch em on your computer, rip to ps3 like me, watch on 360, or what?

ultima espio

• View Profile
Re: how do you watch your DVDs?
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-19 21:41:08 »
I put them in my player, and watch them on my TV.

Guess I'm dull.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-19 21:43:48 »
I put them in my player, and watch them on my TV.

Guess I'm dull.

i hate watching on a regular player and tv nowadays. course, that could be because my tv is crappy, but who knows

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-20 01:24:22 »
i watch my dvd's on a tv.....i buy dvd, rip video,put the dvd on the shelf. then use my ps2 or my wii to play the video over the network. then i  watch the dvd box collect dust...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-20 01:28:13 »
I watch them in my PS3, because it's got kickass upscaling for my HDTV. Unless I want surround sound, then I use my PC because I've got surround headphones.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-20 14:03:52 »
With my eyes, for the most part.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-20 14:43:15 »
I don't watch dvd's.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-20 15:19:12 »
Portable dvd player or PC. Laptop if I'm on the go. Portable DVD when I'm using desktop for wow. Hook up portable DVD to run on TV for bigger screen (mostly good for music videos and other background noise). Desktop computer only if I want Hi Def for certain movies or shows (mmm Danielle Fishel looks so much hotter on my computer)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-20 15:26:54 »
Portable dvd player or PC. Laptop if I'm on the go. Portable DVD when I'm using desktop for wow. Hook up portable DVD to run on TV for bigger screen (mostly good for music videos and other background noise). Desktop computer only if I want Hi Def for certain movies or shows (mmm Danielle Fishel looks so much hotter on my computer)

Topanga? Does she still act?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-20 18:30:49 »

I saw her in a weight loss commercial recently, and it looks like she's currently hosting The Dish on E! but she's barely done any acting since Boy Meets World.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-20 18:47:37 »

I saw her in a weight loss commercial recently, and it looks like she's currently hosting The Dish on E! but she's barely done any acting since Boy Meets World.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-20 20:58:49 »
Either on my 360 or the Laptop depending on what room I'm in.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-21 01:40:33 »
imdb says not since '07
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004918/
I haven't seen the weight loss ads, though.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-21 08:34:00 »
imdb says not since '07
WIKIFAIL!

she has been the host of "The Dish" since 2008. Basically celebrity fashion/culture.
(realistically)She is at the top of my list of, if you can starbucks with a celebrity.(unrealistically but true) I'd like to tap that.
As for getting stuck on a desert island I still choose Chuck Norris. He'll roundhouse kick anything to do with LOST and stare split the water open so we can walk to Amsterdam and get supahigh!

Ok back on topic, of course TV in the gameroom, usually have to spend time watching with my family then. They all have cooties so I just hang out in my room most of my media time.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-21 14:08:15 »
imdb says not since '07
WIKIFAIL!

she has been the host of "The Dish" since 2008. Basically celebrity fashion/culture.

Oops, actually that turned out to be a drunken failure to scroll on my part. If you scroll down it lists The Dish from 2008-2009. My bad!

yoshi314

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-08-29 22:27:07 »
i used to put them into my ps2, because dvd's look better on tv than on pc (animation is somehow smoother, can't really explain it).

i also got a ps3 and a standalone dvd player recently at dirt cheap prices. but i prefer not to abuse ps3's laser too much, since it's already second-hand.

i usually rip the dvd to iso on a pc, and play it on my xtreamer media player (it can play dvd straight from iso file), be it via SMB or off usb or by copying it to player's internal hdd. it's a pretty cheap, sweet, quiet, little box that can handle a lot of media formats (including h264 in HD resolution) with small size and power requirements.

so right now it's the quick way of throwing it into dvd player, or ripping and throwing on the xtreamer.