Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825462 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.991)
« Reply #11025 on: 2021-09-04 14:22:42 »
How much demand is there for a Windows Store version of the mod? I can't imagine it being strong.

I don't mean to be insensitive, but is it really worth your time to be working on this?

It's usually an idea to try and cover as many versions as possible, but the Windows Store version seems like it'll be a challenge to modify purely because of the write protection on those files (it feels a bit like a mobile app in terms of security). It has some features unique to it, along with some problems too (audio on SFX seems like it's a bit off and I'm not a fan of the AI Upscale they've used or the letterboxing).

Hi,

I noticed a few thing during my playthrough, dunno if these things are on purpose or not.
I play on the steam (French) version, I followed the install instructions (renaming files etc...)

Here are the few things (that might be a bug) I noticed :

Spoiler: show
1st thing, Aeris can use two of Cid's Weapons; Scimitar and Venus Gospel.

Silver Chocobo can level up everybody (except Cloud) lvl 99 by renaming the Character with a reagan green -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElvDqcTP7q0

For some reason I didn't get the Ribbon after Ozma battle, maybe it has been removed ?

Aeris was set up to use a couple of Cid's weapons and I moved the weapon models into her files for it; reason being she was a bit short on weapons so having an extra couple helps a bit.

The Lv.99 thing is a new one to me; I'll check it tonight and see what's going on there.

I think Ozma doesn't drop it anymore, Ribbon was made into a one-time drop that you get at the end of Disc 1 if the battle plays out a certain way. I've a plan to add it to a new fight on Disc 3 in the future though so people can finish up their accessory collection.

It would appear that I was not fully ready to dabble in North Crater. I 100% brought piss to a shit fight. Gonna go grind out some of those big-badda-boom weapons and such. God I love this mod.

Oh, just remembered about the secret puzzle solving thing that I won't include spoilers for. But um... how the heck do I get back to some of these areas? Or I remember someone said something about a lot of them being available in the Battle Square. Is that true for all of them?

Furthermore, is there an established Ultimate Weapon bug? I fought him twice and he just... stopped spawning. That or I've been the unluckiest man alive for several hours. I recognize that he can be elusive, but I also don't see Ruby Weapon sticking his grubby mitts out of the ground.

Update: I killed Emerald Weapon and got Masamune, Now Ultimate Weapon showed back up. Idk if I was just EXECPTIONALLY unlucky for over 3 hours or if there was a quest trigger or some such. But for anyone looking for that info, there it is.

Ultimate Weapon is a bit of an elusive one; what he does after each encounter is respawn over the new crater near Junon where you found him initially and then he flies around from there. He won't stop at a location for a long time, so usually you'll need to find him and ram him until he beelines for a destination. It is possible to fly around for a long while and not spot him unfortunately.

Maybe it could be a thing to add an NPC to the Highwind Deck (like a spotter or something) that can trigger battles with Ultimate Weapon and skip the searching part. Unsure how that would impact the flying around part but I reckon it should be fine, a lot of it is done in battle AI I think.

It does show that I have 1 of each when I speak to him, but the dialogue ends immediately after he lists the ingredients.

Ah, it's 7 needles you need; the other ingredients are 1, but it's 7 of the 7778 Needles that's required.

rosarioimpale

• View Profile
« Reply #11026 on: 2021-09-04 17:07:16 »
Ah, it's 7 needles you need; the other ingredients are 1, but it's 7 of the 7778 Needles that's required.

Oh, that makes sense... haha, I'll go back and continue grinding those out. Thank you!

BerikXardas

• View Profile
« Reply #11027 on: 2021-09-06 20:47:57 »
Does the Dark Cave still exist in the current version (Story B)?
I've pretty much done everything, but it seems that I can't trigger that quest.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11028 on: 2021-09-07 07:02:01 »
Does the Dark Cave still exist in the current version
I've pretty much done everything, but it seems that I can't trigger that quest.
no from init v2 release upto and inclusive of until 2.0991.

I've pretty much done everything
a list of the majority of new extra content can be found NPC on the highwind.
incase missed there is also
 a fight with the calamity try feeding silver chocobo pahsana greens and solve the clues

BerikXardas

• View Profile
« Reply #11029 on: 2021-09-07 14:55:53 »
Thanks.
Some questions/opinions about weapons:
What's with Lightgun and Work Glove having 0 Attack while the other primitive weapons have around 45?
And the MP Ultimate Weapons (Venus Gospel and Premium Heart) are downright TERRIBLE.
At full MP they deal about as much damage as normal weapons with 45 Attack.

potchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11030 on: 2021-09-08 00:59:44 »
Is it possible to reset character ranks?

Thanks for the mod, btw!
I really appreciate the QoL things you added like the Fort Condor NPC.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-10 02:06:23 by potchy »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11031 on: 2021-09-09 18:09:00 »
Is it possible to reset character ranks?

Not via in game, using a saveeditor/hexeditor perhaps.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11032 on: 2021-09-10 09:07:02 »
Thanks.
Some questions/opinions about weapons:
What's with Lightgun and Work Glove having 0 Attack while the other primitive weapons have around 45?
And the MP Ultimate Weapons (Venus Gospel and Premium Heart) are downright TERRIBLE.
At full MP they deal about as much damage as normal weapons with 45 Attack.

The primitive weapons, or Ancient/Joke weapons, all have special quirks to them. The Lightgun I think has a chance to inflict instant-KO and always crits, while the Work Glove carries massive defensive bonuses on it (check the character's stats in menu after equipping it).

I'll look at the performance of the Venus Gospel and Premium Heart.

sickrant

• View Profile
« Reply #11033 on: 2021-09-17 14:45:00 »
Hi there,

I started playing New Threat yesterday and was loving it, however when I reloaded my save files today (Had one in Slot 1 and one in Slot 2) it seems the game file has reverted to Vanilla. The mod is still on and the option to start a new game in New Threat mode is still working. Any ideas are the files stuck in Vanilla now?

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11034 on: 2021-09-20 15:10:54 »
Hi there,

I started playing New Threat yesterday and was loving it, however when I reloaded my save files today (Had one in Slot 1 and one in Slot 2) it seems the game file has reverted to Vanilla. The mod is still on and the option to start a new game in New Threat mode is still working. Any ideas are the files stuck in Vanilla now?

Thanks

When you say reverted to vanilla, do you mean the items, equipment, enemies have reverted to vanilla? It sounds like the flevel/field script is still patched if the nt stuff pops up when hitting New Game. It may be that something was added on that overwrote some of the other files. Is this a 7th heaven or reunion install?

kouleifoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11035 on: 2021-09-23 14:15:19 »
Is there a way to find out what each new materia does in this mod? because i just got omni-plus and it says "mnight help you breateh underwater"
idk what it does

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11036 on: 2021-09-23 18:38:46 »
Is there a way to find out what each new materia does in this mod? because i just got omni-plus and it says "mnight help you breateh underwater"
idk what it does

all of them have a small explanation on the screen where equipping (or try the magic menu for others): OMNI+ gives several statboosts alongside underwater breathing capabilty.
When equipping them they do say at the right hand side of the screen.  eg: fire - 1% mdef/def reducton etc. lots of the normal materia have also had some changes.

eisgiga

• View Profile
« Reply #11037 on: 2021-09-25 22:46:46 »
Thanks for the mod ,but is there any way you could put a damage break limit in the game  to do more than 9999 damage I  remember seeing a mod for this couple years ago ?:)
« Last Edit: 2021-09-25 22:54:55 by eisgiga »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11038 on: 2021-10-02 13:30:44 »
Thanks for the mod ,but is there any way you could put a damage break limit in the game  to do more than 9999 damage I  remember seeing a mod for this couple years ago ?:)

I think I was given the hext for this recently by someone on Discord; I could maybe add it as a toggle option to the IRO version or something.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #11039 on: 2021-10-14 18:58:30 »
2.0 type B soft locked
1. Kalm in one of the building dog is closed behind the door if you open it and enter right away you get soft locked
2. Once getting 200pts in the Rufus Ceremony event near Cargo ship you never get the price and get soft locked
3. After Jenova+Flowergirl fight if you keep Aerith alive and try to Save on switch to CD2 safepoint it softlocks.

btw. I use 7th heaven and a lot of mods if it matters
« Last Edit: 2021-10-24 15:54:14 by boozek »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #11040 on: 2021-10-17 11:39:42 »
Hello,

Could someone please give me this list of all changes to the ultimate weapons for each characters?
Thx :)

ps : oh, and is there any skill that break 9999 now ?
« Last Edit: 2021-10-17 11:46:29 by levantine »

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: 2021-10-20 01:34:37 »
Just wondering. Do I still need to give the things in North Crater Elixir's or are they ether's ? I am playing NT 2.0 Type B. I am a little confused as to which one I need to feed them because I give them an elixir and they give next to no AP or EXP lol

Also when I do a soft reset on the game and I go back into a fight right after it, I get a black screen and cant do anything so I have to close the game down and open it back up again for it to work properly.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-20 01:55:04 by Crossfade »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: 2021-10-20 06:52:13 »
Just wondering. Do I still need to give the things in North Crater Elixir's or are they ether's ? I am playing NT 2.0 Type B. I am a little confused as to which one I need to feed them because I give them an elixir and they give next to no AP or EXP lol

Also when I do a soft reset on the game and I go back into a fight right after it, I get a black screen and cant do anything so I have to close the game down and open it back up again for it to work properly.

soft reset can be a little broken in places, 7th heaven issue.
your first question: I'm presuming your speaking of the magic pots? they should be giving you an elixir back to stop your inventory going down of them, exp wise ye its not much, however 1024ap per magic pot is pretty decent :> moovers still give Huge AP & indeed EXP. I really wouldn't worry too much about levels thou Its entirely possible to beat the game with disabling exp from directly after the very first fight after getting out the train 2 at the very start of the game.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: 2021-10-20 10:01:02 »
Hey I got an other question about a missing batle :
<spoil> Is it normal that when I enter to the gongaga just after getting the buggy, turk should be there and fight you, but in my playthough there was nobody when I enter to the forest (playing with the last version of NT). </spoil>

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: 2021-10-21 06:07:20 »
Hey I got an other question about a missing batle :
<spoil> Is it normal that when I enter to the gongaga just after getting the buggy, turk should be there and fight you, but in my playthough there was nobody when I enter to the forest (playing with the last version of NT). </spoil>

type b  u get a different fight
 at the reactor just before pick up titan materia

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: 2021-10-21 08:59:42 »
Ok so that's normal, thx for the answer, I was wonder because in NT 1.5 there was thoose 2 fights

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: 2021-10-22 03:09:26 »
Anyone able to tell me where I fight the Cactuar .... I cannot remember where I fought them on accident lol. I need the needles for them.

Also where is the silver chocobo ?

And another thing. I cant seem to get into the last area of the Ancient Forest. There is no frog to put in the last pod to get over there.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-22 03:24:51 by Crossfade »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: 2021-10-22 07:55:59 »
Anyone able to tell me where I fight the Cactuar .... I cannot remember where I fought them on accident lol. I need the needles for them.

Also where is the silver chocobo ?

And another thing. I cant seem to get into the last area of the Ancient Forest. There is no frog to put in the last pod to get over there.

cactuar isle: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/2/20/CactusIslandLoc.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121126042802

silver chocobo
 is within the great glacier log area

ancient forest
 place mini frog at tree, big frog will come eat little frog, insert that into the righthand side pod, stand until pops out.

Crossfade

• View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: 2021-10-22 14:08:01 »
Thank you wdx :D

EliteOne

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] New Threat Mod v1.0.3
« Reply #11049 on: 2021-10-25 13:28:50 »
As for this mod, there should be enough end-game content to keep people busy. The Extra Battle, new super-bosses, and even just the final bosses and WEAPONS themselves should present a solid challenge (after tweaking depending on feedback)

Sega Chief, i'm playing FF7 New Threat 2.0, type B, and its great.

i have 2 non-spoiler questions :

a) can you provide a list of the new materia, like Osmose, because i can't find Osmose and etc. ??
b) is there a reward for beating the superboss, in Northern Crater, because i saw a Youtube video where they said it was glitched, with no reward ??