Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v6.0)  (Read 264730 times)

TheYokai

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.1)
« Reply #350 on: 2020-12-13 06:00:40 »
So I seem to be having a problem with this mod.

Everything has been going perfectly but I can't seem to find beatrix for recruiting. I got to the point where you get Hilda Garde 3 and checked Alexandria Castle before and after ipsen's castle without any luck finding her to recruit.

Did I do something wrong?

mythikdawn

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2021-01-04 03:59:35 »
Hey, I know Tiri isn't as active anymore, but I was wondering if there's a list anywhere of the changes that are NOT present in the PSX version? I'm guessing it's basically all the added bosses + Beatrix, but just wanted to double check.

XLMaths

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2021-01-07 15:33:29 »
So I seem to be having a problem with this mod.

Everything has been going perfectly but I can't seem to find beatrix for recruiting. I got to the point where you get Hilda Garde 3 and checked Alexandria Castle before and after ipsen's castle without any luck finding her to recruit.

Did I do something wrong?

Same here. Are the other flags during the story that need to be activated first?

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2021-01-09 10:13:49 »
Is there a way to add some new skills ?
I wanted to add the missing Frog Drop, Thievery and Dragon Crest to Alternate Fantasy (i tried using Hades Workshop) but it didn´t work.

I tried to edit the Free Energy from Zidane (no trance skill) in exchange to Inferno (for a all enemy attack) but didn´t work.

Can someone help me ?

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2021-01-10 12:24:40 »
And another  question ...

Hoy do you know if enemys are modded???

I remember the first boss Steiner causing death with a single attack but now he doesn`t do it... just a simple attack
But
I have mp+20% on Vivi first mace

Nikkolas

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2021-01-13 18:52:28 »
EDIT
Nevermind, you took care of it on Steam Thanks again..
« Last Edit: 2021-01-14 20:48:34 by Nikkolas »

DrakeRavenwood

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2021-01-24 02:07:57 »
Hi sorry to be that person but I heard your working on a ff8 Mod too...

paky-outsider

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.0)
« Reply #357 on: 2021-05-08 10:57:47 »
Hi @tirlititi
and hi to everyone who can help me.

A year ago Tirlititi gave me the mod for PSX version in italian language.
So I started to play and the game works...until to Lindblum.
To be more clear:
- I apply the mod to an italian iso and i play with an emu: so the mod works but in Villlage of Dali, before the Walzer fight, the dialogues between the characters gone wrong: some of what Walzer suppose to says is refer to Garnet or Steiner but the game go ahead.
After Lindblum attract, in the elevator to see Cid, dialogues gone wrong again and when meet Cid the dialogues stucks and the game is blocked. I try to get trought this part with a normal iso and after reloading with the mod but the game is totally gone (after cid meet, with Zidane in one of the zone of the lindblum, the dialogues with the peolple are completely wrong or maybe some characters appears where don't supposed to be in the normal game and in the mod, i think)
So, i've tried another shoot: apply the mod to an US iso.
The game work but is still in english. I've not played it until Lindblum...

So, someone can help me throught this, to play the game in italian with the PSX version? Or should i play the mod only on pc version?
I wanted the psx italian version (if possible) to allow my father to play this game that we loved years ago.

Any help is welcome

@paky-outsider: Here is the italian version of the mod on PSX (v3.2).
Alternate Fantasy (italiano - PSX)
I didn't test. Tell me if there are bugs.

@fenrrir18: Not yet. Snouz is doing some more works, correcting a couple of bugs. Once he's done, I'll look at what needs to be done for a compatibility version.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Re: [PSX/PC] Alternate Fantasy (v3.2 & v5.2)
« Reply #358 on: 2021-05-09 13:32:38 »
My 2 cents as a fellow (Italian) ff9 modder.

Could this be related to the disalignment of some dialogues between languages?
I honestly dunno how much AF alters dialogue but maybe I could help in some way

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2021-05-09 13:45:03 »
Yes, that may be disalignment of dialogs...
Sorry but that's too long ago and I don't know what I did for creating this italian version. I just saw that the .hws is included in the download link though. If you can check it, Caledor, that would be awesome.

"maybe some characters appears where don't supposed to be in the normal game and in the mod" -> That, I find it dubious. I don't think it's possible to do that by mistake considering how difficult it is to do it willingly, on the PSX version.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #360 on: 2021-05-12 10:37:04 »
I don't think i'll be able to do some first hand testing since i don't have a psx version anymore (steam is just better in every aspect) but i can definitively lend a ear if paky wishes so.

Dudebrah91

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2021-05-26 11:52:48 »
Hi, regarding the Beatrix-only mod, when she joins she only has the Swrd Art skills? Is it possible to give her the Wht Magic which she had in-game?

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2021-06-05 20:20:29 »
Hi. Something is wrong in my game. My team make 0 damage... I don't even see any numbers... But ennemies does damage me.

Edit: Launching the game with the ff9.exe from your files seems to solve my problem...
« Last Edit: 2021-06-05 20:32:33 by YouffieFanFR »

authenticmaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2021-06-17 22:10:49 »
Hello, I'm writing on here hoping that maybe someone... if there is someone. That can help me out with my issue that I am having.

I do have the new AF and I did see the hws file that is in there, I decided to use that instead of the whole Memoria thing. Now I did go with the Memoria update, however I was left with an issue where I seem to be missing the ini. Anyways, so I just did a whole fresh new download of the game and did the hws, proceed to save the modded files after doing some changes but yet unfortunately get the unable to create the files error. Now I did try this again without my changes but even that didn't work still, so I am clueless as to why this is an issue. Could it be the new ui in the game preventing the change?

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2021-08-30 07:18:41 »
I'm having trouble getting this mod to work.

I have followed the instructions, but I checked Vivi's equipment and his rod doesn't have the MP +20% skill, which I've read indicates that AF has not been installed correctly.

I did find the installation somewhat confusing, I think I did it right but am not sure. The readme indicates to unzip the files, then copy ONLY the "AlternateFantasy" folder into the game directory. This confused me because there are a bunch of seemingly important files that you are NOT supposed to copy into the FFIX game directory?

Anyway, I copied only that folder over, edited Memoria.ini as the readme states and the mod isn't installed.

I tried again with a fresh install and just copied everything in the folder over, but that didn't work either and it broke Moguri.

After reinstalling (again) Moguri is working perfectly again, but I still can't get this to work properly. Any help would be much appreciated

EDIT: I have managed to get Vivi's MP+20% skill to show up, so the mod DOES seem installed, but in battle none of my attacks hit. I've seen this mentioned as a bug online, but haven't found any clear instructions for fixing the problem.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-30 07:37:08 by circle »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2021-08-30 09:28:46 »
Are you using the UI Battle Scaling mod? I've been told they don't work well together now.
Also, simply moving a folder in the game's directory should not break anything and you can revert the Memoria.ini back to normal pretty easily without re-installing anything. So I suspect you moved the content of the AlternateFantasy folder and not the folder itself. You mustn't replace any existing file when moving the folder. That's the whole point of the [Mod] section of Memoria.ini.

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2021-08-31 15:53:32 »
Started from scratch and got it all working correctly! I'm not sure what I did wrong previously but it sure was something

enjoying the mod a lot! The game is nicely challenging now but hasn't at any point felt unfair, the balance is very good.

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2021-09-14 16:21:06 »
Got all the way to the end of the mod without thinking anything was unfairly difficult, but Necron... wtf

Possibly my party is a little bit low level (around 40-45), but I beat Deathguise and Trance Kuja on the first try so idk. All my equipment is good from doing the sidequests/stealing, but he's an absolute bastard. After the first couple of rounds it feels like most of my time is spent just trying to keep my party alive. And that's despite the fact that they're often absorbing or guarding some of his attacks.

I did have one hilarious battle with him where he managed to berserk Zidane, who was the only one still alive and who absorbed and guarded everything with 1 HP for about 6 turns. I honestly thought Zidane might just do it himself, he was hitting for around 3500 each time and I'll already dealt tons of damage, but eventually Necron used Blizzaga or something and the game was up

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2021-09-14 17:14:02 »
Yes, Necron is a hell of a boss.
He has 30 000 HP that are refreshed everytime he absorbs an orb, which makes 120 000 HP in total. He also gets even less forgiving after absorbing these orbs. The struggle to keep on living while damaging him is intended (that doesn't mean it's fair ^^" but I wanted the player to be forced to save some turns to heal what he's inflicting to you). If it wasn't the final boss, I would consider him to be unfairly hard but since that's a final boss, I consider he's worth the challenge. I can understand he can be extremely irritating though.

circle

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2021-09-17 09:11:56 »
Yes, Necron is a hell of a boss.
He has 30 000 HP that are refreshed everytime he absorbs an orb, which makes 120 000 HP in total. He also gets even less forgiving after absorbing these orbs. The struggle to keep on living while damaging him is intended (that doesn't mean it's fair ^^" but I wanted the player to be forced to save some turns to heal what he's inflicting to you). If it wasn't the final boss, I would consider him to be unfairly hard but since that's a final boss, I consider he's worth the challenge. I can understand he can be extremely irritating though.

Any tips then?

I've tried around 10 times and he is impossible. I have done everything I can possibly think of to protect myself - ribbons, circlets, shield armor, gaia gear, status protection abilities, auto-regen. Casting reflect on him so he can't cure/regen, casting reflect on my party to protect them. Nothing is enough. You said everything is possible without grinding, but I don't know how I can win this battle without going back to Memoria, grinding and going through Deathguise and Kuja again, something I really don't particularly want to do

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2021-09-17 12:39:22 »
Usually, I say "everything can be done without grinding except maybe for Ozma and Necron". Although both can be beaten at lvl 1 (but that's a real and really difficult challenge).

He doesn't cast Water/Wind elemental spells, so the Ribbon is not that interesting. I would say they can be replaced with Rosetta rings with benefits (or even Madain/Coral Rings). Having ATB on wait mode and keeping the ATB frozen whenever you can is important as well. If you have Eiko, Carbuncle and Reflect-Null can be effective early battle (before he absorbs all the elements) and Dispel is usually more effective than Reflect if you time it right. If you have Vivi instead, Return Magic + Magic Elemental Null can be effective if he has some survivability (so he must have enough stones to equip important status protections on top of those). Other than that, his stages are 30 000 HP, which means that you would aim for dealing massive damage quickly with 4/5 attacks (in one or two turns ideally) so you end the stage and then take some time to heal and get control over his turns, then repeat. The only way to reduce Meteor's damage is to have Shell, either Auto-Shell or Quina's Mighty Guard, but you can decide on trusting Auto-Life instead when you get unlucky enough to get attacked by it. He will use Neutron Ring as a counter-attack after Grand Cross, so better spend a turn fully healing the status ailments. You must have a grasp on his turn orders: he has 4 ATBs, 2 of which are casting damaging spells, 1 is healing/protecing him and the last one is the fastest and always apply the same pattern: Blue Shockwave, Blue Shockwave, Grand Cross. Also, if Blue Shockwave is a problem for you, you can work towards evading it (it can be evaded with Magic Evasion, and Shell also decreases its hit rate).

eisgiga

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2021-09-25 22:50:28 »
Is there any way to put a damage break limit doing over 9999 damage  ,since most attacks in the game are one hit Zidanes  trance skills could benfit a lot from it :)?
« Last Edit: 2021-09-25 22:53:42 by eisgiga »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2021-09-26 08:52:45 »
Not really. Ark can bypass the damage limit because it deals damage twice, and Doom can bypass the damage limit when applied on some bosses, but that's pretty much all.
In term of coding possibilities, I guess that could be done at least in Alternate Fantasy without bugs. I'm not sure if/how/when I'll let this happen though.

eisgiga

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2021-09-26 17:23:41 »
Not really. Ark can bypass the damage limit because it deals damage twice, and Doom can bypass the damage limit when applied on some bosses, but that's pretty much all.
In term of coding possibilities, I guess that could be done at least in Alternate Fantasy without bugs. I'm not sure if/how/when I'll let this happen though.
Thanks for the answer :)
I hope one day you do it ,I think that could bring new strategy to the game in terms of trance skill ,or maybe you could only break the damage limit ,when in trance mode.

vomitrocious00

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2021-12-02 20:32:09 »
Something I've noticed with certain Equipped Skills or HP/MP modifying equipment.

Let's say I give Vivi Mp+20% and equip it and then restore his MP to the new full value. The moment I change any other skill or piece of equipment on him the stat returns to it's original value. His new MAX value will remain but he'll lose the MP I had just restored.

A similar thing happens when I start the game from my previous save...even though I KNOW for a fact that he was at full MP previously...he has lost the bonus MP points though still retains the MAX value allotted by the skill/equipment placed on him. Much like the scenario I explained above.

This occurrence is not limited to Vivi. I've noticed it with Quina and other users of HP increasing abilities.
Something similar also occurs with the Half MP Skill. Usually unequipping and re-equipping seems to fix it.

Wondering if other people have experienced this and if there is a known solution to it yet.
I'm using AF with the Moguri Mod.

Hope I'm explaining it properly, lol.