Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2.3 & v1.1b)  (Read 328883 times)

Kurne

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2a & v1.1a)
« Reply #650 on: 2021-04-07 13:55:43 »
waiting on update to try this one :D, only thing i never liked about ff8 was that it esentially punishes you for using magic :(   shame the mp system is gone,   a combination of of the 2 would have been fine.  spells cost mp to cast & you can still collect 100 of each spell for the sake of junctioning alone, but casting only uses mp, not taking away from the total.  could make acquiring spells super more limited that way for balance buttttt wouldn't feel bad for every cast and wind up just using physical attacks and gfs lol....   

never the less, awaiting new version! :D

colburn.359968

• View Profile
Edea sure is tough
« Reply #651 on: 2021-04-19 21:11:07 »
I've been doing a casual playthrough, without a deep knowledge of FF8, and without either grinding or running away from many fights; a proper normal playthrough. I'm having a great time so far. The mod is amazing. The Brothers fight was perfect.

That said, I might need to restart. I'm at the Edea fight in deling city and it seems like losing this one results in a Game Over now. She opens up with maelstrom which severely weakens and slows the whole party, then I can't heal fast enough to keep up with all her turns and spells, especially since she's silencing people constantly with Astral Punch. This one might be impossible currently.

I haven't been stealing anything or seeking out many side quests or extra stuff up to this point. Diablos hasn't learned Mug yet. Maybe I'm underpowered.

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2021-04-21 20:17:41 »
gotta ask does this mod still need the rose and wine mod for the 2013 re-release?

DiscoCokkroach

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2021-04-22 23:34:34 »
gotta ask does this mod still need the rose and wine mod for the 2013 re-release?

You do still need Roses and Wine to use this mod.

If you want something more minimal, there a lite version of Roses and Wine that doesn't change the music, but still allows for mods like this to be used.

Go here and scroll down to find Roses and Wine Lite: https://ff7.live/othersoftware.html

gotenksssj22002

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2021-04-23 12:09:04 »
You do still need Roses and Wine to use this mod.

If you want something more minimal, there a lite version of Roses and Wine that doesn't change the music, but still allows for mods like this to be used.

Go here and scroll down to find Roses and Wine Lite: https://ff7.live/othersoftware.html

Thank you for the reply i will check this out once i've done my playthrough of another gameplay/story mod

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2021-05-04 23:48:06 »
Keep up the good work, Callisto! :)

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2021-05-05 05:14:41 »
Hello everyone, and sorry for the longer absence. During the last few months, I couldn't focus on mod development too well because of the declining health of a family member. Things have settled down a little lately though, allowing me to work on the mod more often again.

A new version should be ready in about a month with a lot of additions and an increase in hard mode difficulty, but I better say in advance that I probably won't be able to release it for 2013 and Remastered simultaneously, as there are several new changes to the 2013 executable that need to be ported over to the Remastered EFIGS file first, which can take time. So the ETA is currently for the 2013 version only. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are curious about the upcoming changes, check the opening post. I've added some kind of progress report there.

Now back to some things left unanswered:

Not sure if this bug is with your mod or not, but after defeating Elvoret at the Dollet tower I paused the game and went to go eat dinner with 29:19 on the timer. When I returned and unpaused the on-screen timer read 0:00, the menu timer reads 99:59, and it stays that way even after re-opening the game.
It's probably no longer relevant, but I figured that this is likely an issue with any kind of timers not freezing when pausing the game in the Steam 2013 version. After having the game paused for more than 30 minutes after defeating Elvoret, the menu timer won't stay at 00:00 after the time is up, and will display the max possible game time instead (using a different color). I guess this is what happened in your case. The issue will resolve itself after returning to Balamb though, so it's nothing too serious and can be possibly even abused if you are after the highest Conduct score in the SeeD exam.

and could you suggest at which level the party is recommended to be at some points in the game, like the way you have intended?
example: level 10 at ifrit, level 15 at gerogero, lv 30 at iguions, etc.?
i really want to play a 'recommended' level playing of this mod without being overpowered / underpowered. (right now i'm fighting NORG with squall lv.44 and my ass is being kicked hard... i'm still trying to find strategies to beat it!
In the current version of the mod, character levels aren't all that important in the early-game, so it's a little difficult to give level recommendations. Stat-Junctions are way more impactful and unlocking the HP-J Ability soon is essential. If you have it on all 3 characters by the time you reach the Tomb of the Unknown King, you shouldn't have too much trouble from there onwards if you keep your junctions up-to-date. So instead of only level recommendations, here's a little advice on what else you should have when facing a certain boss:

Spoiler: show
Ifrit: initial character spells, starting levels
Elvoret: Cure, Fire, Blizzard, Thunder; starting levels
X-ATM092: spells as above; starting levels if you are careful
Granaldo: spells as above; HP-J unlocked for at least one character; starting levels
Diablos: Protect and Shell from the previous boss fight, HP-J unlocked for two characters, level 10-12
Gerogero: All spells mentioned above, HP-J unlocked for two characters, level 12-15
Esthar Cyborgs: Aero, Break, Slow, Blind, Silence, Protect, Shell; HP-J unlocked for at least 2 characters; level 15-20
Sacred/Minotaur: Zombie, Double, Float, Protect; HP-J unlocked for 3 characters; level 20-25
Iguions: Life, Drain, Esuna, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Cura; level 26-28
Seifer/Edea: as before + a few Haste spells
Biggs/Wedge: as before
D-District Prison top: Water, Bio, Regen; level 28-32
Missile Base soldiers: as before
BGH251F2 (1): as before
Oilboyles: spells as before, level 33-35
NORG: HP/STR/VIT/MAG/SPR-J for all characters (mostly), level 35-38
BGH251F2 (2): level 35-38
Fujin/Raijin (1): level 38-42
Odin: Meltdown, level 38-42
Tonberry King: Double, Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga; level 38-42
Cerberus: Meltdown, Pain, Curaga, Dispel; level 42-48
Seifer (2): as above
Edea (2): as above, SPD-J for 1-2 characters
Abadon: Quake, Tornado; level 49-52
Propagator: as above
Jumbo Cactuar: Holy, Flare, Meteor; level 53-60
Bahamut: as above
Ultima Weapon: level 61-70
Fujin/Raijin (2): level 53-58
Mobile Type 8: Renew spell, level 59-64
Seifer (4): level 59-64
Adel: level 65-70, SPD-J for at least 2 characters
All remaining bosses: Ultima spell, SPD-J for the entire party, level 70+

I've been doing a casual playthrough, without a deep knowledge of FF8, and without either grinding or running away from many fights; a proper normal playthrough. I'm having a great time so far. The mod is amazing. The Brothers fight was perfect.

That said, I might need to restart. I'm at the Edea fight in deling city and it seems like losing this one results in a Game Over now. She opens up with maelstrom which severely weakens and slows the whole party, then I can't heal fast enough to keep up with all her turns and spells, especially since she's silencing people constantly with Astral Punch. This one might be impossible currently.

I haven't been stealing anything or seeking out many side quests or extra stuff up to this point. Diablos hasn't learned Mug yet. Maybe I'm underpowered.
Edea can still prematurely end the battle without a Game Over in this mod, but in order to make her do so, she needs to have lost at least 50% of her max HP (on Standard difficulty) with at least one KO'd party member present. If you remove the Curse status on Squall directly after Edea's Maelstrom opener, you could try rushing her down with his Renzokuken (it's usually the most powerful attack against her) to reach this threshold quickly.

If you want to defeat her the normal way, draw-casting her Shell magic and protection against Ice in Elem-Def is recommended. The Slow status caused by Maelstrom is most easily countered by Haste. Esuna can do the job as well, but slows down recovery in comparison to using Haste. All in all, I feel sorry for you to hit a wall in this fight. I guess Edea needs to be toned-down a little more, at least in Standard Mode.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-05 23:22:04 by Callisto »

Yuey

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2021-05-06 13:26:21 »
Hey Callisto, good to see you back. I was getting a bit worried but I'm glad you're okay. I hope things get better for you and your family.

As always, thank you for the continuous work you put into this mod. The upcoming version looks super exciting!  :)

vanta77

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2021-05-09 12:44:49 »
I did everything stated and when i start the game it looks like its running from the mod.
But once in game i dont have magic in my inventory and the draw point in library is still Esuna.
Merged with hard mod btw

Helm_Smasher

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2021-05-27 21:07:51 »
Just a little shout out to everyone playing. I updated to W10 version 21H1 and the game's speed continues to be slower than the base framerate.

To fix it, use an auto-clicker with the following settings:

Set clicking area inside the window somewhere (like the black pillarboxes on the sides) to avoid clicking on an unanted area

Set it to left single click with an interval of around 80ms

You can play around with the settings as you wish, but those seem to keep the framerate stable and at the game's spec.
In my experience it doesn't look like SpecialK is really needed (I set everything to off and only the autoclicker made a difference), but your mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-27 21:37:03 by Helm_Smasher »

Deckiller

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2021-06-14 04:02:24 »
Loving the mod so far. Most of my experience with this game is through the vanilla version back in the day. I'm trying the Lionheart version and I just finished the Prison slog. Most of my characters are in the low 20s with Bio, Demi, Berserk, Regen, Drain, etc. Someone even has a full stack of Death because I was able to card some of those Thrust-whatever flying enemies into Abadon cards of all things! Rinoa is killin' it with her 120 Magic stat.

Only two fights have given me difficulty so far: Diabolos and the mechs/elite guards at the prison. I decided to switch to easy mode for both of these, as I don't really have the time or patience to grind or try to develop the perfect strategy with the perfect RNG. I wanted Diabolos before Deling City (when esunas become readily available) so I could get a head start on grinding its abilities. Both fights were obviously a pushover on easy mode.

I was stupidly using max speed up until Deling City. It could be why Diabolos gave me so much trouble on Lionheart mode. Once I turned it down to normal speed, the game because a lot more manageable.

The only fight I really hate so far is that prison boss. It's just plain unfair, man, especially after that slog of a dungeon. I must've tried it 6 times. I even tried using status ailments but nothing would land (combat RNG in traditional RPGs is a huge pet peeve of mine, silly Squaresoft). Plus FF8's targeting and clunky buff management are enough to make me lose interest in extreme difficulty. I saw Ayoyo's strat, but I didn't have Quistis available, nor did I want to spend time grinding Cover. I really feel that fight needs to be nerfed or relegated to an optional boss. At the very least there should only be one Elite Guard. Sure, it can still toss Aura Stones and Meltdowns, but I shouldn't have to restart just because the enemy got lucky with their first turn. I'm really curious if anyone else was able to beat that fight aside from that one player.

Aside from those two fights, the balancing has been absolutely spot on. The magic progression is great as well - you just might want to take a look at that Abadon card situation, as I feel Death is a bit too strong for the end of Disk 1. Not game-breaking in any way, but yeah.

My only major pet peeve with the overall balancing is that physical attacks feel a little weak, even with elemental attack junctions. My go-to party is absolutely going to be squall and 2 of the girls. Squall's physical attacks are passable because he gets the trigger damage and 255 percent hit, but Zell and Irvine leave much to be desired. I think Elemental Attack should be enhanced a bit - perhaps tier-1 spells grant a 60 percent elemental buff, tier 2 80 percent, and tier 3 100 percent.

I really like the pseudo-exploit at the Galbadian Hotel. It feels like cheating to spam the souvenirs, but in reality, it's not THAT broken. I was able to farm about a half dozen Mega Potions there (as well as a few extra goodies that I decided not to sell). I used two of those Mega Potions on the Edea fight (to answer her two Malestroms) and one on the missile base fight.

I've never modded something before, so I'm not sure if these can be done, but here are some QoL suggestions:

A really nice QoL change would be to have the moombas lower the barriers on all floors after rescuing Squall. I'd also recommend moving the last save point in the Prison to the next screen - it kinda sucks having to walk through two screens of encounters to replay the boss.

I think it would be cool to make the Adamantoise enemies vulnerable to Zombie so that you can counter their White Wind.

I feel that Water should be available at the end of Disk 1 - perhaps in the Sewers somewhere. By the time I had easy access to Water (e.g. the Chimaera enemies in the prison). it wasn't even worth using as a junction spell.

I agree that Doubles should remain hard to find through the first third of the game. No complaints here. I only found a couple draw points, though I was able to mod a Grendel item to get a few more.

I'm a little hit and miss on some of the GF commands so far. The aoe damage/healing moves feel a bit too weak and should probably be stat-based. Ifrit's damage reflect ability is amazing and I used that a lot.

More later :)

Deckiller

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2021-06-16 02:48:14 »
Everything from the missile base to the mobile garden post-Fujin/Raijin feels perfect. Zero issues to speak of. This was by far the best stretch of the game so far (minus my desire to skip cutscenes, but meh). Oilboyle could probably use a slight buff, but every other fight was amazing. The Ironclad fight felt great, and the Fujin and Raijin fight might be my favorite of the whole disk so far.

I made it up to the ruins with Tonberry King, but for some reason, I didn't think I'd get a game over if I let the timer expire in the dungeon itself. I thought the player was merely punted outside. It's been a while... Needless to say, I wasn't very happy losing 30+ minutes of my life. Oh well. When I lose a lot of time I tend to let things sit for a while, so I'll probably revisit the mod in a few weeks.

The Centra ruins segment just reeks of questionable 1990s video game design, but that's not your fault. (Rant: that's one of the things that prevents FF8 from being the best game in the series - everything is either too hidden or feels too much like a chore to discover. That's why people never understood the plot, and that's why people became dependent on strategy guides. If the game was a bit more open about its lore and sidequests and had balancing on par with this mod, it would be the greatest Final Fantasy). At least you lowered the Tonberry requirement. Honestly, I think it should be even lover (like 3 or 4, since most of your players will be FF8 veterans anyway).

Tonberry King itself has far too much HP, making the fight feel like a tedious time sink. IMO, boss fights should last a few turns longer than the reapplication of protect and/or shell - this gives players the challenge of buff reapplication without wasting their time. In the case of Tonberry King, I had to reapply my buffs TWICE - I was dual casting water with all 3 party members when I wasn't healing or using Esuna after Junk. The damage seems fine, but I think he needs a solid 30k reduction in HP. It felt 3 or 4 turns too long.
« Last Edit: 2021-06-16 03:18:15 by Deckiller »

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2021-06-17 19:15:02 »
Hi. Just come to say one ability is extremely overpowered: that who hit everyone the damage equal as how much you walked. (sorry i just forgot the ability name!)
that alone is more powerful than any attack and any magic and hit everyone, no magic or attack hit everyone until disc 3.
and i haven't walked more in the game than the necessary to make the main quest and some sidequests.
i was hitting almost 2000hp on everyone each time on the prison. that is a bit too much, i think. how can i change the damage formula of this on the tools?

Deckiller

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2021-06-19 02:43:46 »
I finished disk 2. The balancing at the end was absolutely superb - especially the Seifer/Edea fight in particular. I do think that Seifer could've been a bit harder in his solo fight, but my main party of Squall/Selphie/Rinoa was overpowered at that phase (lv 60/47/43 with Curaga HP junctions) so they had enough HP to survive Flare without Shell. Being overpowered for that fight felt like a reward, not a design oversight.

The Seifer/Edea fight was pretty brutal in the beginning, so I had to use the Remedy+ from the dungeon to cleanse the initial slows and burst Seifer down with twincasted Flares and autocrits from Squall (one of the dragons in the lobby dropped one of those items that refined into 20 flares). Edea's mug was fantastic: a net 20 percent increase to Rinoa (and temporarily Edea's) magic brings her close to 200 overall at this stage in the game (I'll swap her junctions with Selphie when she gets in danger of capping out at 255). My main healing strategy is tossing Mega Potions with Squall with Med Data (since he has the lowest magic stat and thus deals the lowest overall damage at the moment). I've been burning most of my salary on tents to refine into Mega Potions (though I did farm some Mesmerizes to get their blades as well).

I do have a pet peeve with the status defense junctions. In my humble opinion, junctioning 100 Death to status defense should provide 100 percent immunity to Death. You can just have Death deal like 1-2k damage when it's resisted or something - that way you're not COMPLETELY cheesing it. The game's buff system is clunky enough, so having to revive people even though you made the right preparations just feels cheap to me. Also, Edea's Maelstrom slowed me 100 percent of the time even with Slow junctioned to Status Defense - I was not a happy panda and felt like I was being messed with in that fight. Still, the fight was a really nice micromanagement check - it wasn't a raw HP check like Ironclad, but it required very careful turns to maneuver. Unfortunately, the fight kind of lost its challenge once Seifer died, and her HP was surprisingly low given my toolkit at that phase. Bumping her to 50k HP with an ice cleave immediately following a third Maelstrom at the 1/3 health mark would probably make that fight feel perfect and require the player to quickly heal or rely on ice defense elemental junction (I went into that fight with Blizzaga and Firaga on my elemental defenses, with Thundaga being used as a stat junction). I don't think this is a bad thing, though, as the opening phase of the fight is insane enough. Seifer's low HP felt perfect given the challenge.

The Ruby Dragon fight was okay, and I'm glad I had all 3 party members because that fight WAS an HP check. Ruby Breath can only be juked with Protect, I believe, and once again, junctioning 100 Death to status defense seemed to fail me all too often with the Forbiddens. Meh.

Everything started going to crap for me when I got to the Salt Lake. I don't know if enemies are starting to level up with me, but the jump in difficulty is extreme. I'm fighting lefties and righties that are casting Meteor and slapping me for 2500 damage. I swapped in Zell and Irvine to try and get them some levels, but the enemies were still brutal. Each fight has become a slog. Abadon was a piece of cake, though - I used one triple and had Edea, with her 198 magic stat, hit it with about 10 or 12 Curagas while Squall healed and Selphie supported/mugged/drew my third and final stack of Quake/did damage. 80k HP felt spot on. Damage felt spot on because it was fast - one of the first fights where I really felt the need to use haste. But it's way easier than the quad lefty/righty encounter, that's for sure.

And that's where I am at the moment. I'm a little worried about what's in store for me, not gonna lie. I really hate the fact that you're stuck with Squall in the main party - gotta love FF8's design decisions, heh. Disk 3 is loaded with them. Laguna flashbacks that remove your complex GF setups, having to find the White SeeD Ship and then get PERMISSION to speak to them, wonky story events like the party exploring an entire continent on foot while Squall crosses an intercontinental bridge...the game really goes off the rails here in spectacular fashion, falling from the best game in the series down to 4th or 5th (IMO of course).

Honestly, I'm actually kind of surprised that I already have full stacks of Quake. I figured those would become available at Esthar, not before. I don't have full stacks of Tornado yet, though. I was only able to draw 100 from the Ruby Dragon. Overall, though, the spell progression feels right. I anticipate being able to get more Tornadoes/Holy during the Esthar arc and then being able to get Flare either at Lunatic Pandora or the Research dungeon. I predict that Ultima, Full-Life, and Aura won't become readily available until Disk 4.

Edit: I ended my run in the final Laguna flashback due to all the rough RNG I was getting. Death/Stop spam despite status junctions, one-shot crits...yeah. Ran out of time, too, but maybe I'll finish it at some point. Great job on the whole (the whole run felt spot-on except for the prison fight, IMO, and that last Laguna sequence).
« Last Edit: 2021-06-19 18:16:03 by Deckiller »

eisgiga

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2021-07-16 23:27:07 »
First thank you so much for the mod:
Did you add damage break over 9999 or if not do you plan to add this?

I think that this could add more depth into some characters and strategy for the Lionheart mod. :)

Solodin

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2021-08-25 16:36:48 »
Everything started going to crap for me when I got to the Salt Lake. I don't know if enemies are starting to level up with me, but the jump in difficulty is extreme. I'm fighting lefties and righties that are casting Meteor and slapping me for 2500 damage. I swapped in Zell and Irvine to try and get them some levels, but the enemies were still brutal. Each fight has become a slog. Abadon was a piece of cake, though - I used one triple and had Edea, with her 198 magic stat, hit it with about 10 or 12 Curagas while Squall healed and Selphie supported/mugged/drew my third and final stack of Quake/did damage. 80k HP felt spot on. Damage felt spot on because it was fast - one of the first fights where I really felt the need to use haste. But it's way easier than the quad lefty/righty encounter, that's for sure.

Edit: I ended my run in the final Laguna flashback due to all the rough RNG I was getting. Death/Stop spam despite status junctions, one-shot crits...yeah. Ran out of time, too, but maybe I'll finish it at some point. Great job on the whole (the whole run felt spot-on except for the prison fight, IMO, and that last Laguna sequence).

You hit on something I'm running into. Several of the random mobs seem overly powerful for their purpose in the game. For instance, in the sewers at the end of Disc 1, the Creeps were massive hassle to deal with given their resistances, quick ATB, and a heart attack that hits for 1,500. I just auto-escaped any battle that had them. Similar situation with the 2nd Laguna section when he goes to the Lunatic Pandora. The Esthar Soldiers and Gespers would 1-shot my guys if I was back-attacked at the start.

I don't mind increased difficulty over the original (one of the reasons I wanted to try the mod). But, it seems several of these enemies are just difficult for the sake of being difficult. Having a group of enemies get 2 or 3 full ATB cycles waiting for a GF to come out is honestly just annoying. Most of the time so far, my GF's are nearly guaranteed to be killed if there's 4 enemies on the field given the sheer number enemy attacks that are going to go off. If there's only 2 party members, it feels like a waste to even try to summon GF's as they're basically canon fodder against large groups.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-25 20:45:06 by Solodin »

k33psm1l1ng

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2021-08-30 17:36:39 »
Hello,

this is a really great and challenging mod. But somehow the draw cap during battles isn't working for me...I've installed RaW and put the "Ragnarok_mod.txt" in "FINAL FANTASY VIII\RaW\GLOBAL\Hext"

It's the only file in that Hext directory.
Is there something I did wrong with the hext file?

Solodin

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2021-09-01 13:28:41 »
Hello,

this is a really great and challenging mod. But somehow the draw cap during battles isn't working for me...I've installed RaW and put the "Ragnarok_mod.txt" in "FINAL FANTASY VIII\RaW\GLOBAL\Hext"

It's the only file in that Hext directory.
Is there something I did wrong with the hext file?

This might be a silly question but are you actively hitting the draw cap or just not seeing big draw numbers? I ask because if it's early game, your characters may not have a high enough Magic stat to draw the big numbers.

k33psm1l1ng

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2021-09-01 18:31:11 »
This might be a silly question but are you actively hitting the draw cap or just not seeing big draw numbers? I ask because if it's early game, your characters may not have a high enough Magic stat to draw the big numbers.

Ahhhh....after I was writing my answer to your question I got some thoughts about "Was RaW corectly installed?" and I installed it to a temp-folder. And viola I saw that 2 dll files were missing (bass.dll, ddraw.dll).

I reinstalled the game that often with all mods, that I completely forgot to install RaW clean (not only copying the RaW folder with the music inside).
Thanks for your answer, it helped me to find the solution  :)

Aerodynamics

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2021-09-12 02:57:40 »
Hello Callisto,

I am very grateful and happy for the development on this mod which i am enjoying, so i'll provide some feedback.

The following aspects are vital to FIX the Broken Vanilla Final Fantasy 8:

• Fixed Levels - Great job!
  • Revised Magic Gained From Abilities - Great job!
  • Character Changes (to differientiate each other) - Great Job!
  • Boring Drawing / Magic Use Anxiety - Improved with the draw limit removal, but it doesn't fix the issue

I feel a little anxious about using magic when it decreases my junction stats and i believe that we all agree this is a massive issue with FF8.

I would like to strongly suggest you take Sega Chief's approach to NT8 to magic junctioning, in which a single spell would give maximum stat boost possible.

This frees up the user anxiety of using spells and opens new possibilities in combat. This would be the final piece to fix FF8 for good.

I do realise that it would envolve changing the availability of spells in the game, and you'd probably have to retest the balance. (just so that a couple of Double or Triple Spell wouldn't make character's stats overpowered).

One just needs to remove the drawing/magic use anxiety, and you have yourself here a fully functional and balanced FF8 game. It might not have some extra cutscenes or content, but it at least did what no one else could do: Fix Final Fantasy 8.

My sincere thank you for developing this mod.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-12 03:01:02 by Aerodynamics »

deityshadow

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2021-10-25 01:04:16 »
Ok, not sure what I did wrong.  But I'm getting an error on first run after trying to install.
"
DEMASTER ENGINE LOADED!
Reading config file demaster.ini
IMAGE_BASE at: 59F20000; OPENGL at: 0
Applying DIRECT_IO
DEMASTER::ApplyUvPatch::The addresses are wrong! We found no ADD byte ptr[esi+8] at given rel call
Applying texture patches...
Applying BATTLE_CHARA patch
Applying FIELD_ENTITY patch
BATTLE_HOOK- STARTING PATCHING
Applying battle field patch
ApplyBattleFieldPatch():ds_free is at: 5B58B2A8 and ds_teximg is at: 5B58B4A0Applying FIELD_BACKGROUND PATCH
Applying WORLD_TEXTURES PATCH
"

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2021-11-03 01:35:31 »
How can i change the limit's CL? which tool i must use? (i want to make limit appear when hp is higher than usual, changing from 10% of max hp to 15% of max hp, for example)
« Last Edit: 2021-11-03 13:29:38 by heromic »

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2021-11-05 07:37:04 »
Hi there just dropping by to say, my issue with Rose and Wine not playing the music seems resolve so I can replay this mod again know 1.3 is on the way but in the meanwhile I'll continue my playthrough of the Lionheart mod on video :

https://youtu.be/0d80zKJkZc4

Play like shit against Biggs and Wedge and Elvoret using a Limit Break on Biggs before Wedge come was a mistake, wasn't expecting his Punch attack to hit for 400, otherwise a fun fight, got a little Lucky with Selphie's Limit Break toward the end getting that Flare.

boozek

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2021-11-24 09:58:59 »
The Mod is epic till about end of Disc 3, even with lvl 100 on all characters and all end game magic junctioned bosses such as Bahamut, Mobile 8 and Adel are extremely hard. They can kill with 1 hit, ultima by Adel kills the whole team with 9999hp.

RJL918

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2021-12-02 04:57:56 »
Hey Callisto and forum. So I'm having a big issue with the EFIGS file on the remastered version of ffviii. I installed the Demaster folder fine about 3 weeks ago, and the changes were made to the game (spells in inventory in the beginning, double draw point, etc.) So I played through the game, not really thinking anything of why enemy magic attacks were hardly doing any damage to my characters. Lo and behold, later in the game I hit for 9999 capped damage and I finally realized I did something wrong, I forgot to install the EFIGS file. So I went back, patched the regular EFIGS.dll file with the EFIGS.ips file in the mod using the link, replaced the original file with the modded file and changed the name back to "EFIGS.dll". The game runs perfectly fine until I get into a battle. The characters ready their weapons, and then the game crashes with a message saying "an unknown exception has occurred." I can toss the backed up original EFIGS.dll file back in and the game runs normally, but without break damage limit, magic damage balanced and no draw cap. I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to this issue or can tell me what I did wrong, because I want the end part of the game to be as difficult as possible.