Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 357251 times)

sean8102

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #700 on: 2021-03-28 11:15:06 »
I made one post (the one quoted above), came back to check on the mod and see if it's advanced/changed.

I just wanted to say thank you (since I didn't at all in my one post) so much for all the hard work on this. It looks soooo good. I enjoyed it so much. Def something to be VERY proud of. Mods like this and Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition are why I love modding so much :)

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2021-04-05 22:28:37 »
Anyone using this mod on a laptop with an iGPU? I'm curious if this would run on my iris 540. I eventually want to get a laptop with a dedicated GPU but I wonder if what I have now might work until then? Also, has there been any discussion with TehMighty and intergrading his UI mod with Moguri? I know he hasn't updated his in awhile but it's the only mod missing from a complete FFIX PC experience in my opinion.

Kanuhesu

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2021-04-16 12:08:11 »
Hi !

Is someone has already had my bug with moguri ? When it's installed (and work...) I have the same window than steam game, I just be asked to select my screen resolution and if i want the game windowed or not ... Moreover is it normal that the moguri application send  to the same window than the package windows ?
Last but no least, steam update my game if there is a bug with the game (each time I try moguri's mod...)

I'll try several times, i respect the top of this topic's advises etc. ... Moguri 8.2.1.0 ; windows 7 64 bits

Thanks for your answers, hope it could help !

(sorry for my english, I hope it's understandable)

Apple8427

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2021-05-30 19:35:37 »
I downloaded MoguriMod_8.2.1.2.zip a while back.

the files within it are named 8.2.1.0, were they just not named correctly? i got it from the original site (or where ever it was hosted from it)
MoguriMod_8.2.1.0.7z
MoguriMod_8.2.1.0.exe
MoguriMod_8.2.1.0-FILES.7z

haven't seen any updates in a while, is this mod dead? :(

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #704 on: 2021-06-01 09:44:41 »
the mod is not dead. the mod is rather already complete. the only thing that needs updating is essentially Memoria which is the primary engine that allows moguri to work. i would expect a new wave of mods as one of the upcomming features of memoria is to allow loading of assets without touching the sharedaassets file.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2021-06-01 15:57:45 »
Exactly, I've seen some really nice new features and bugfixes on the Memoria GitHub page over the last few months, hope they'll make a big official release soon on the main Moguri website. Let's be patient.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2021-08-27 21:28:47 »

This happens in the second battle.
Using Moguri + AF + Scaled UI.

PoolHandMan

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2021-10-02 15:06:37 »
hello there, first thank you so much for the mod, it really enhances everything.
I need help with some stutters that happen when I move. It doesn't make the game unplayable or anything but it's annoying. Do you have any tips to solve this? I checked in task manager, nothing is really at a peak resource consuming there.

poepkat

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #708 on: 2021-10-06 12:48:03 »
Hello. I want to talk about a bug that is annoying to me and preventing me to play the pc version of this game (and also this beautiful mod). I know it's just a minor glitch but for me it's ruining the experience. This glitch is about the "ambience sounds" that you can hear in the background, for example the owl sounds in the evil forest, or the crowd sounds in Alexandria at the start of the game. The problem is that these sounds loop at every screen change. You can easily hear it in the evil forest, it always start with the same sound. In the psx version, these sounds continue between each screens. I hope I can make myself understood (I'm not English (french)).
No one is talking (or even seems to be aware of) about this glitch so I wanted to create an account just so it could maybe be fixed in the future.
Thanks and congratulation for the creator of this marvelous mod.

So, snouz does seem to be aware of this bug (see the ticket: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/140?) but it seems that there is very little attention for the ambient sound loop bug in the public discourse. No reviews seem to mention it, and also on other forums almost no mentions. I had to do some crazy googling to find Arcenstone's reply. Is there any chance this will ever be fixed? Because like Arcenstone, the bug it preventing me from enjoying/playing the game.

EDIT: for those wondering or finding this post through Google, this bug has been fixed as of version 2021.10.15 of Memoria. Instructions: "Running Memoria.Patcher.exe should update to the new version of Memoria (you will loose the Moguri launcher if you don't make a backup beforehand, but that's only aesthetic)."
« Last Edit: 2021-10-16 06:32:12 by poepkat »

Kriz24

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2021-10-15 18:35:57 »
Hello, I have a Question please...
I didn't really know where to ask this, and didn't want to send a Bug Report because it might not be a problem with the actual Mod... might be an issue with my Computer...
It's about the Cheats with the Moguri Mod... specifically the Permanent Trance Cheat... when I press F2 while in Game, (in a Battle,) it doesn't give me Trance but rather pulls up my Windows 10 Start Menu...
Is there a Setting in Windows 10 I can Deactivate to stop this from happening so that I can make the Cheat work??
Please and thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-18 06:28:01 by Kriz24 »

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2021-10-17 03:57:11 »
Exciting stuff on the github!

AgeEighty

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2022-04-02 06:18:50 »
I installed Moguri on my Steam Deck install of FFIX and it works mostly well, but I can't get a custom font working. I installed a file (an otf) in Steam OS Desktop and I edited the Memoria.ini to reflect the font name like I did on my Windows install, but the game just loads the default font. Any suggestions?

Double

• View Profile
FF9SpecialEffectPlugin.dll caused an Access Violation
« Reply #713 on: 2022-04-10 00:44:06 »
Anyone else getting random crashes? I am currently doing auto leveling for the Marcus glitch and I keep crashing after a few hours. In my error notes it keeps saying the error below. Any help on what's causing it and how it can be fixed?

FF9SpecialEffectPlugin.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module FF9SpecialEffectPlugin.dll at 0033:5a1bdfc2.

Error occurred at 2022-04-09_182058.
D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\x64\FF9.exe
36% memory in use.
16152 MB physical memory [10229 MB free].
31636 MB paging file [24799 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134211999 MB free].
Write to location 00000010 caused an access violation.

Rippa

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2022-12-18 21:25:25 »
Hi!

I've tried to ear the achievement "The King of Rope", but I quit. So, I changed the memoria.ini "RopeJumpingIncrement=1" to "RopeJumpingIncrement=100" (and others numbers), but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone help me?

Another question: There is anyway to change my fps to 60?

Thanks so much!
Moguri Mod is insanely great!! Congrats!!

qizi

• View Profile
Bug Report
« Reply #715 on: 2022-12-29 01:48:53 »
Sending through the bug report option as well.  I haven't been able to find a similar report.

When fighting Grand Dragons, if you have Auto-Reflect (or the spell version) and it kills itself with Thundaga, the game locks and the characters just bounce in their idol animations with no UI and never going to the experience screen.  Simple enough, but thought it was funny.  Just use coral rings.

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #716 on: 2023-01-27 15:18:47 »
a lot of your concerns guys are Memoria related and not Moguri .
Install the latest version of  memoria on top of moguri and yall be fine.
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria

just for added context
if your concerns are about the upscaled graphics ,upscaled fmvs, optional soundtrack then it is about memoria
but everything else like game tweaks/ cheats , 60fps , then it is about memoria the engine.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-27 15:21:30 by faospark »

Laharl_Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2023-06-23 17:22:03 »
before i get the the meat of this post i would like to thank the devs for a lovely experience with final fantasy IX. its my favorite game and you all fixed the poop square threw on it.

now for the meat and potatoes

i just make a bug report using the google form, but wanted to post here as well as i know that sometimes those can be hard to read sometimes.

theres a crash at the very end of the game, 2 scenes after beating necron in the cutscene where dagger is leaning over looking all sad. then zidane walks to the lifa tree. the game just quits as the cutscene ends

i found a work around on the steam forums: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2714442841 and it does work.

heres the log and save i uploaded in the ticket.
log: https://pastebin.com/ruxYXGrY
save: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6ai4m3udtyurdsa/FFIX_save_EncryptedSavedData.7z/file
the autosave is in the cutscene that crashes when it ends, hope this helps