Author Topic: [FF7PC] Ultima Espio Aeris patch  (Read 328550 times)

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 Aw unfortunately I guess parameter 8 can't be just 2 either as in previous scripts(which had team of 3) this parameter takes even different values. This must be defined somewhere in the script and parameter calls exact menu. Like parameter 0 = all characters available, and next parameters must be defined in the script to set which characters were already choosen to not show them. I'm trying to check line by line how that field works now, couse guessing just leave more questions. :P It's damn long and have hell lots of if's, and my guess adding a choice of 3 will be equal to even more if's... >.>

Edit;
Oh well hopefully I was wrong, I just tested the game by setting this very same parameter in script 5 in HEN group to 0 and got "select party of 3" ;p but even if it works soo easy it still bugs me, what exactly values of this parameter does, couse there are more than just 0 and 8 used there. for example 4, 5, 6, 7, heheh but I'm too lazy to try them all now, maybe I link field from last save directly to seph scene to test it later, running it all X times is just too slow. :P I noticed that with 0 it wasn't just make party of 3 but also flashed with press start or something(lol short memory syndrome), probably one of those other parameters would be better here. And also what bugs me, what would happen if you would set it for a party of 3, or even without setting it a party of 3, just with Aerith added IF you wouldn't have Vincent and Yuffie, my guess it wouldn't turn the menu to set third party at all as those checks before test if you have them and if you lack just one then third party is most likely automatically set with last character too.
 In other words even if setthing this to 0 works just fine, there would need to be another if's to remake in case player wouldn't have Yuffie or/and Vincent. <- through that's not too important as if somebody want Aerith back surely have all others too:P.

Edit 2:
 Now I dunno anything. I tried setting this parameter as 5/6/7 and game allowed only 1 party lol, I dunno then how those parameters are used in scripts around that, nor why changing 8 to 0 changed only this script(not sure as I didn't added Aerith to this scene and soo I couldn't accept 3 squad having not enough characters), while changing to other values stopped scripts for second and third party to work at all;O. Or maybe they use something from previous scenes? As I linked las4_1(where I had last save) to lastmap to test those changes faster. Had enough of it for one day.>.>
« Last Edit: 2010-07-26 22:18:11 by Miseru »

ultima espio

• View Profile
Currently writing a script for a side quest ;)

I may also open a Twitter, depends on the interest really.

Miseru

• View Profile
*Lurking around Aerith patch project page* xD
 Hopefully I don't use Twitter:P the more updates the less details I wanna know about your patch, just to be completely suprised playing it. Aeris haters will hate it, Aeris lovers will love it, but probably most people that finished original will wanna play it as it's surely a big anti-emo(does that equal to anti-AC?) refresh to the plot=].

ultima espio

• View Profile
Am I the only person who doesnt think that Cloud is an emo? :P

Miseru

• View Profile
 He isn't in FF7, but AC... well somewhat it makes an emo impression in both new clothes and character.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Am I the only person who doesnt think that Cloud is an emo? :P

No. Only idiots think that Cloud is an emo (except in CC and AC, but they don't count). Unfortunately, there are a lot of idiots out there.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Uh oh, I sense a fight about to break out...

*runs away*

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Uh oh, I sense a fight about to break out...

*runs away*

Why? No-one on these forums thinks that Cloud is an emo. Besides Hermoor. ;D

Opine

• View Profile
Didn't someone else have leekspin as their avatar once upon a time?
Am I imagining that? Maybe that was a different board.

Anyhow, Espio, color me interested. I'd follow the progress on twitter. But I might be the only one!

ultima espio

• View Profile
:P

I dunno if I should really, i'd probably end up using it for personal things too lol.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Didn't someone else have leekspin as their avatar once upon a time?

Yes

Miseru

• View Profile
Avatar offtop answer: Hey but mine's not animated;P - wanted to keep to the rules - 10kb limit :C(yep I'm strange enough to read the rules), and that animation makes my head spin. >.>

Throws below:
||
V

Catch:P

Edit to make this post at least partially on topic:
 xD Will Aerith be respawned by some leek spin scene too?
« Last Edit: 2010-08-03 17:56:35 by Miseru »

Opine

• View Profile
Yes
Make that "not so long ago". As in they posted somewhat recently. Well, glad I didn't make that up.

P.S. Miseru, there can never be too much leekspin :)

Arsirus UK

• I built it but they did`nt turn up
    • View Profile
    • Project Genesis
Could`nt you just have her as a Ghost??
Because she does watch over the party for the rest of the game and beyond.
Just have her slightly transparent and then you won`t have to write any dialog or explain anything.
Maybe in fights disable her attack so she can only use Magic.

Miseru

• View Profile
 @_@ Noooo, miss Cloud is affraid of ghosts! *produces own clones* WE want fully scripted Aerith! :3 I didn't make ultimate Aerith weapon just for a ghost. :C

*Going back to LeekSpin Aerith*

Opine

• View Profile
Will Aerith be respawned by some leek spin scene too?
Yes.

Could`nt you just have her as a Ghost??
Because she does watch over the party for the rest of the game and beyond.
Just have her slightly transparent and then you won`t have to write any dialog or explain anything.
Maybe in fights disable her attack so she can only use Magic.

Actually, this doesn't sound like a bad idea. I don't know if I would have her be transparent, or losing abilities. But if she is still dead, it would make sense why she can more easily commune with the planet at the end.
And we do see her as a ghost in the church and in AC. So it might fit in with the overall storyline. Of course, it might also defeat the point of creating a resurrection patch. So it really just depends on where Espio wants to take his story.

Tsetra

• View Profile
This patch is going to be a near must-have for anyone who's already played the game. Aeris dying, while an interesting plot device, was a TERRIBLE game play element. You spend all this time building her up, then she just kicks the can on you. Thanks for wasting my time and resources! Should be nice having her back again as the primary magic user.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
This patch is going to be a near must-have for anyone who's already played the game. Aeris dying, while an interesting plot device, was a TERRIBLE game play element. You spend all this time building her up, then she just kicks the can on you. Thanks for wasting my time and resources! Should be nice having her back again as the primary magic user.

EXACTLY right, when i first played, i spent hours making sure aeris was my kick ass magical god, and then just as i got her to what i think will be my best magic user for the game... BAM, dead, sides, Sephy can come back to the world of the living, Aeris should be able to as well damnit! :P maybe change her weapons around, give her something unique in the form of relationships afterwords, i dunno.

Opine

• View Profile
Actually, I have a question regarding her gameplay element.
It's possible to level her up enough to get her final limit break. Which makes everyone invincible for a set time limit.
Is this going to be kept in tact? I feel as though it might make the gameplay way too easy if you have this ability, at such an early stage, for the remainder of the game.

Note: I don't actually think this is much of a problem, since I only did it once (after I found out it was possible). It still takes a lot of work, and I don't think most people will bother, until later. So it might not really create an issue.

ultima espio

• View Profile
*Wades through ideas*

Lol well, I'll look into some of these ideas. Might be a while until I update, but you can enjoy something I did today just for fun :)

Miseru

• View Profile
Oh ideas, I have one. I propose to change the name of the topic to "List of things that keep status of Aerith ressurection mod unchanged". XD Joke ofc as I said before it's better to not see too much before release to not spoil it:P. Or this is a scene that you will put into Aerith mod? Through that would be somewhat double flashback xD.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Lol no thats not going in there at all. Its just something I did because I was really bored, and to keep people occupied lol.  I'll upload a video of it soon :P

Miseru

• View Profile
 For time waster I converted some model for personal use(if I said that I guess adding it was a rip is not necessary xD) and damn I think I'll never do that again. It was damn boooring, no fun at all xD bleah. I now understand why people don't release models as soon as they're ready:P, just thinking about doing it again makes me wanna puke. Soo many parts and with blender can't even export directly to 3ds. ;p Hope you have more fun writing new dialogues and scripts.

*Goes playing good old fallout 1&2 to gain some child killer and grave robber perks to up his mood and return to ff7 with fresh energy* :P

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Hmm I like what I see in that picture.. Do wanna see more. :)

ultima espio

• View Profile
The crisis core remake isnt going to go very far, the 2nd half of the intro doesnt work :P

The part where you fight that monster before Sephiroth.