Author Topic: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos  (Read 37809 times)

Nahatma

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Otokoshi's Videos
« Reply #50 on: 2009-07-27 12:03:50 »
@TS
does this have the exact frame rate as the original movie file?  :?

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-07-27 12:04:34 »
Otokoshi and I have settled our differences, so this sort of thing won't happen again. In retrospect i shoudn't have come in here the way i did and for that i apologise.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-29 01:15:58 by Xelane »

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-07-27 12:18:08 »
Quote from: Xelane
yup, didn't plan on it ending up like that but i guess there was no helping it.

You could have obeyed the forum rules and picked up any quarrels you had with me in another thread topic or via PM.  Your post previous to this is obvious trolling, and I'm through with it.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-07-27 12:20:04 »
Read my above post, this is another post that had more heated talk in it so i went ahead and changed this one into an unnecessary explanation.
« Last Edit: 2009-07-29 01:18:50 by Xelane »

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-07-29 00:00:30 »
@TS
does this have the exact frame rate as the original movie file?  :?

As far as timing goes, there's no noticeable difference - it's a drop-in component. I know he mentioned in his old topic that he had to change the frame rate a little to make the video timing correct, but whether this change was from the original movie file or after processing his own... don't know. I'm sure he'll give you an answer. In either case, it fits in perfectly but if you want it for other purposes you should just go off the original movie.

Otokoshi, good to see someone else rolled up their sleeves and opened up Meteor. It's a fairly easy program to use, it just takes forever to learn the opcodes since the Qhimm Wiki's information - while totally correct - seems REALLY hard to decipher. Certain tasks, like getting an NPC to move how you want it, it also incredibly tedious but that's another topic altogether and irrelevant to movies.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-07-29 17:38:20 »
To answer Nahatma's question, the movie has the same frame rate of 15fps.  The testing I had done with other frame rates was puzzling.  If you had a shorter video the game would accelerate the video, it made the video in essence run at a higher FPS.  This was mostly relevant with FF7 1.0, as other patches have come along it appears the game will just hang.  I haven't tried with Aali's patch yet, .7b does not work for me.  The movie patches I release are the same length and frames as the originals.

Quote from: Tsetra
Otokoshi, good to see someone else rolled up their sleeves and opened up Meteor. It's a fairly easy program to use, it just takes forever to learn the opcodes since the Qhimm Wiki's information - while totally correct - seems REALLY hard to decipher. Certain tasks, like getting an NPC to move how you want it, it also incredibly tedious but that's another topic altogether and irrelevant to movies.

The more I work with Meteor, the more impressed I am by Synergy Blade's work.  This program has a lot of power to alter anything in the game.  The fact you can switch from C style to an assembly style on the fly is great.  I will admit creating scripted events as you mentioned is very tedious.  We've come a long way I'd say.  When I modified the opening scene I didn't deal with the timings, change one you gotta change them all to fit.  So I just put a cheap hack that made the guards not visible until just before their first movements (ie when the train had already stopped)