Author Topic: New Game +  (Read 22292 times)

-gone away-

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #25 on: 2005-12-09 00:50:42 »
If someone is going to make this import save game feature. Give me a yell and i will start working on modding the creatures so that the creatures start from level 61 and onwards(61 because thats what sephiroth is). for level 70 or so players. im fairly interested in the idea of being able to import your save game.

however there are a few thing's that strike me as extremely bad idea's, importing summon materia such as knights of the round & neo buhmat would just ruin the entire game. Imagin when you meet guard scorpion and then just cast kotr on it?? rather pointless isn't it. In fact i think importing any materia is generally a bad idea. The is alot of materia i would mind early on, such as 2x cut or steal. but i think it would be best to just leave all materia out completly, even the ones you normally start with.
Items are not so bad, they should be left in so the player can cure themselves early on and stuff like that. also a phs system would be fun.

If this is made i will make two mods. One for Lvl70+ Characters & One for Lvl99+.

L. Spiro

• View Profile
    • http://www.memoryhacking.com/index.php
New Game +
« Reply #26 on: 2005-12-09 02:08:45 »
Using Chrono Trigger as an example, I would say the enemy statistics should not be modified at all.
Beating the bosses in one hit added extra flare to that game, though I admit that their level/power system was different in such a way that you might not actually kill the first boss in one hit after your first New Game +, while in Final Fantasy VII you definitely would.
But this evens out by the respective lengths of each game.
After you have played through Chrono Trigger enough times to match the time it takes to play one Final Fantasy VII, you are also killing everything in one hit.

Imagin when you meet guard scorpion and then just cast kotr on it?? rather pointless isn't it. In fact i think importing any materia is generally a bad idea.
A mistake many game designers make even in real games: trying to decide what is fun for every player by eliminating potential.
You think it is pointless.
Some players just might get a kick out of using it on such weak enemies.  And for those who don’t, they don’t use it.
Everyone is happy.
Even if you maxed out the level of the enemies, they are still going to die in one hit, so using Knights of Round is just for the short thrill of absolutely destroying a weak enemy.

If you recall Chrono Trigger, you should remember that the point of a New Game + is to allow the player to get the items he or she missed while giving the player unfair statistics as a reward for having beaten the game in the first place.
The point is not to slow the player down with revised enemies.
And considering the player has already seen all the areas, he or she isn’t really going to appreciate being slowed-down, since there is nothing new to see anyway.

Imagin when you meet guard scorpion and then just cast kotr on it?? rather pointless isn't it.
Most likely quite the opposite.  I suspect very many people would be annoyed if they had to spend another 10 minutes on this enemy they’ve already seen/beaten.
If they wanted to spend 10 minutes on bosses they’ve already seen, and lose all the Materia they already found (forcing them to spend however much time looking for them AGAIN) then that is for what the “New Game” feature is.

Don’t forget that these people have already been through all the challenges the game was meant to impose and already have the ability to start from the beginning without Materia and with “tough” enemies.

L. Spiro

zero88

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #27 on: 2005-12-10 22:37:27 »
I'm not against the idea at all or anything, but the thing is, what exactly would you want to do in a New Game+ for this game? With Chrono Trigger, you could get the Rainbow Shell and have Melchior make the other item(s) that he didn't make the first time. Although, to do it on one go, you can have him make three Prism Helms and then you can steal three Prism Helms from the three Queen Zeals throughout the ages in the Black Omen. You can also steal three Prism Dresses, too, so it sort of negates New Game+ for Chrono Trigger in that sense.

Okay, that was horribly off-topic, so I guess the only thing you could do is get items again? Or, I guess, items you missed...hm...I guess it could be fun. I'd be willing to help out in any way that I could.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
New Game +
« Reply #28 on: 2006-02-16 21:58:01 »
Let's call this a little teaser. What would work (look) better:

1. New option in main menu:

2. Well, this time static screen won't help. You start with a "normal" menu and with "Switch" button you change (toggle) the first option to:

What do you think?

dziugo

Lenas

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #29 on: 2006-02-17 00:55:58 »
I like the second option better.  Good job, Dziugo.  I look forward to this release, whenever it may come.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #30 on: 2006-02-17 01:41:48 »
New Game + = Rocks
dziugo = Creator of New Game +

Therefore:
dziugo = Rocks

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
New Game +
« Reply #31 on: 2006-02-17 10:44:36 »
I haven't even started...

dziugo

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
New Game +
« Reply #32 on: 2006-02-17 14:06:32 »
Quote from: Otokoshi
New Game + = Rocks
dziugo = Creator of New Game +

Therefore:
dziugo = Rocks

That's not 100% correct.
IMO it should be:

dziugo = Creator of Rocks  8)

- Alhexx

Sad Jari

New Game +
« Reply #33 on: 2006-02-17 15:46:34 »
Rockinator?

PokeParadox

New Game +
« Reply #34 on: 2006-02-17 17:25:20 »
I like the second layout, looks tidier.

And if you make a New Game + mode... well I like the idea :)

Otokoshi

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #35 on: 2006-02-18 21:26:56 »
Quote from: dziugo
I haven't even started...

Well I figured as much.  You did say it was just a teaser.  Just complimenting you on the effort.

Quote from: Alhexx
dziugo = Creator of Rocks

Ha ha, maybe my college algebra is a little rusty.  :)

steven

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #36 on: 2006-02-18 21:55:53 »
I like the first option the best :)

Midgar

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #37 on: 2006-02-19 21:40:41 »
dziugo seems to be one of the most promising game editors. Dziugo, please do Tifa's Limit Breaks first! Long live dziugo, creator of game rocks! But I really don't see a point to create a New Game+. Final Fantasy VII was fun for one reason (to me): Difficulty. The weapons were lesser than Darkcloud (of Final Fantasy III, the hardest boss in the Final Fantasy World) but still provided a challenge for those who wanted the Desert Rose and what not. If we truly wanted to beat the guard scorpion easily, then we would use a revised version of Jenova (someone in the forums made it, thank you very much caitsith6502 :love: ) http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4708&highlight=jenova to edit it correct? There is practically nothing that searching won't help with.

Authorised

New Game +
« Reply #38 on: 2006-02-21 07:25:18 »
Chronotrigger and Chronocross had multiple endings, depending on  the circumnstances under which you defeated the final boss. That was where new game+ really came in handy - you can go straight to the last boss from the start to get a different ending.

FF7 doesn't have multiple endings, but I think NG+ would be a good adddition, simply because once I've beaten the game I'd like to go through it again TOTALLY OWNING EVERYTHING.

Rodent

New Game +
« Reply #39 on: 2006-03-01 09:25:00 »
hi there,

dziugo,
is this new game+ modification also meant for PSX ff7 ?

thanks,
kind rgds
Alex

dziugo

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #40 on: 2006-03-01 10:33:01 »
Quote from: Rodent
is this new game+ modification also meant for PSX ff7 ?
Welcome to the board.

I'm sorry, but this patch will only be compatible with PC version of FF7. Not that I don't want to make a patch for PSX version. I don't know how to do it.

dziugo

Rodent

New Game +
« Reply #41 on: 2006-03-01 12:33:57 »
hi,
i see,

when i browsed the forums, it generally seems to be hard to modify the psx version.

at least people still are working on stuff,
like Scene Editor and Save Map :)

Great Stuff,
and now...back to topiiic :)

Thanks
Alex

VincentVal

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #42 on: 2006-03-02 00:26:33 »
hmm.... How about a "background" program that reads the information and when fFVII calls a certain function after beating Safer Sephiroth so it takes the savegame and clears ALL progression flags exept fot the Items and Char STATS (meaning when you obtain a character later it still has the stats)

Is this possible?

PokeParadox

New Game +
« Reply #43 on: 2006-03-02 13:26:59 »
I think that was the general idea in the first place, no?

VincentVal

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #44 on: 2006-03-02 21:20:07 »
If it was then I missed it. Forgive me, but how long are we going to wait for this?

dziugo

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #45 on: 2006-03-03 08:09:26 »
Quote from: VINCENTVAL
If it was then I missed it. Forgive me, but how long are we going to wait for this?
Don't hold your breath :P

dziugo

VincentVal

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #46 on: 2006-03-03 12:21:00 »
Thank you, I was turning purple   :lol:

dziugo

• View Profile
New Game +
« Reply #47 on: 2006-04-01 14:12:51 »
This time, a little video showing NewGame+ in action:

Download link: Teaser #2

No patch for now, as it would support only US version of FF7. Stay tuned.

dziugo

ssuutb

New Game +
« Reply #48 on: 2006-04-02 10:24:48 »
If this ends up happening, don't forget to remove people's learned limit breaks, 'cause that could mess things up.

Tw1tch

New Game +
« Reply #49 on: 2006-04-02 19:58:31 »
Looks good.