Author Topic: Zack Fair Changes With Weapons/Limits  (Read 23031 times)

SephirothClone

• View Profile
Zack Fair Changes With Weapons/Limits
« on: 2008-06-22 01:31:41 »
I've been using Scorpious' Zack Patch and been editing the kernel2.bin with new names and such. Wish I knew what to make the other swords. Cause I think a Lost Soldier from history should have some different names for them. Plan on showing more images later. If someone can think of some sword names for me I apperciate it. Thought of doing like typical sword names like Excalibur and such.

Buster Sword Description Changed:

Zack performing Octaslash (Braver):

Cloud's Limit Breaks Changed Into DMW Limit Names. 2 Of them I had to think up:

The Rush Assault Manual:

Sword Names: (If someone can teach me how to edit the weapon sprites may give Zack a Katana starting out)

Buster Sword (SOLDIER Sword) Description: Standard Sword
Mythril Saber (Mythril Sword) Description: Sword made of Mythril
Yoshiyuki (Muramasa Blade) Description: Blood-Thirsty Katana
Heaven's Cloud (Excalibur) Description: King Arthur's Sword
Ragnorak (Tyrfing) Description: A Cursed Sword
Ultima Weapon (Caladbolg) Description: The Ultimate Sword

DMW Limit Breaks:

Braver: Head Splitter
Cross Slash: Octaslash

Blade Beam: Genesis Wave
Climhazzard: Murderous Thrust

Meteorain: Meteor Shots
Finishing Touch: Air Strike

Omnislash: Rush Assault
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 20:54:20 by SephirothClone »

auxili160

• View Profile
Re: Zack Fair Changes With Weapons/Limits
« Reply #1 on: 2008-06-22 01:49:37 »
"A sword given to him from Angael" sounds very awkward. Simply say "A gift from Angael."

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-06-22 01:52:38 »
sounds better. I'll change that to the new description thanks. What do u think of having common name swords like Broadsword and such from like FFIX for his weapon names. Thinking for the Ultima Weapon gonna change that to either Crisis Blade or Genesis Blade. Managed to get 2 more images up.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 02:04:44 by SephirothClone »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-06-22 08:10:56 »
Crisis Blade Sounds better than Genesis Blade.

Another sword I'm thinking of is Heaven's Cloud. Heaven's Zack sounds quite good... or not... I can't decide...

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-06-22 09:03:20 »
Nice! Are you gonna be releasing this?
Also, I don't think Braver should be called Octaslash, since octa means eight.
Maybe you should swap Issen strike and Octslash?
I think that would work.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-06-22 09:45:14 »
Nice! Are you gonna be releasing this?
Also, I don't think Braver should be called Octaslash, since octa means eight.
Maybe you should swap Issen strike and Octslash?
I think that would work.

Yeah I plan on posting the kernel2.bin file when I'm done with it sometime in the next couple of days to go with Scorpious' Zack Patch or other Zack patches Just wanna make sure I have the limit breaks and weapons how people would want them. So I'll reverse Issen Strike and Octaslash. Thought to make Octaslash his Limit lv 4 Break but Rush Assault sounds better since its 15 hits in Crisis Core. Keep in mind I haven't touched Crisis Core since I don't own a PSP.

So far I have these for sword names:

Buster Sword (Starting Weapon)
Yoshiyuki (Muramasa Blade)
Heaven's Cloud (Heaven's Zack)
Ultima Weapon (Crisis Blade)
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 09:59:58 by SephirothClone »

JordieBo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-06-22 10:15:01 »
So far I have these for sword names:

Buster Sword (Starting Weapon)
Yoshiyuki (Muramasa Blade)
Heaven's Zack (Heaven's Cloud)
Crisis Blade (Ultima Weapon)

Well, also I was thinking. In Crisis Core Zack doesn't get the Buster Sword til' quite a while in the game so maybe you called use his original sword, I don't think it has a name but it looks very similar to Link's sword so you could find that sword and put it in the game and use it as his initial equipping. And then use the Buster Sword as the Ultima weapon or something else. I know that there is a better Buster sword release on the first page of game tweaking and it looks too epic to lose it so early on so maybe you could use that as Ultima weapon and use the original buster sword as something in the middle. You called call the original something like Buster Replica or just "Replica" I like that name and people wouldn't know what you meant until they get Ultima weapon and then they'll say, Ah, that makes sense when they get the final weapon now called Buster Sword! : D

Kiggles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-06-22 14:28:49 »
I wouldn't worry about "Heaven's Cloud". It may have been a pun originally, but I always thought it was supposed to be descriptive of the weapon's perfection in craftsmanship. Beside, the weapon turns up in additional FF games, and I wouldn't doubt the name being used for weapons in other RPGs.

Alternatively you could continue the word play and retain some degree of the meaning with "Fair Heaven", as if meaning balanced to perfection. Still, Heaven's Zack... uh, well I'm not gonna tell you what to do. Just offering some suggestions. :)

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-06-22 15:01:27 »
Fair Heaven sounds really good!

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-06-22 20:04:57 »
yeah Fair Heaven sounds a lot better. As for changing weapon sprites and such that goes beyond my scope of xp right now. I was just renaming the text names for them really. Could rename the Ultima Weapon into Buster Sword and name the original weapon SOLDIER Sword or something like that

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-06-22 20:24:29 »
If you're gonna bother doing that, you need to change the models. If you can't change the models, don't bother renaming the buster sword.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-06-22 20:26:51 »
if someone can teach me how to do edit the weapon sprites. I could probably try. I'm no serious hardcore programmer. Why I was just doing names since I grasped it right away.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-06-22 20:28:15 »
He could use the original Buster Sword, rename it to SODIER Sword, or whatever he wants, then use th awesome looking revamped Buster Sword, made by Apz Freak (with permission of course) as the Ultimate Weapon.  It's not very nice to tell people what to do, and not do with there own mods. ;-)

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-06-22 20:30:58 »
All I said is it would look silly having the ultimate weapon be called the Buster Sword when it clearly isn't the buster sword. I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm simply giving advice. Why don't you say the same thing to the guy who said "don't name it Octaslash"? Same thing.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-06-22 20:31:32 »
thanks for sticking up for me Griever but I can see where he is coming from also. Just not sure what direction to go :( just wanted it to be a text add-on for zack patches :(

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-06-22 20:33:12 »
I think it's fine having the first weapon, the buster sword, stay the same. Naming it SOLDIER sword is a good idea, because it would no longer be Cloud's sword, just a normal Soldier sword.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-06-22 20:34:08 »
I wasn't having a go or anything, before anyone gets high and mighty :-P
I was just meaning, that you won't get any greif from us if you can't change textures, or sprites or whatever.

You can only do what you can do.
We'll appreciate it either way. :-)

EDIT: 
Why don't you say the same thing to the guy who said "don't name it Octaslash"? Same thing.

The other guy only said "it shouldn't" not "don't".
But anyway, like I said, I wasn't having a go.  Sheesh, don't take it so personal. :-)
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 20:37:10 by *:.Griever.:* »

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-06-22 20:43:38 »
I'll name his starting weapon SOLDIER Sword. Besides in Shinra Army I don't think they would let u pick and choose ure weapon unless u became another Sephiroth or 1st Class. And Zack or Cloud wasn't even 1st class. Zack was 2nd Class when he joined with Sephiroth from what I heard from the backstory of Crisis Core.

I added the weapons and DMW Limits to the top message. Haven't uploaded the new pictures yet. Will do that later tonight. Renamed Issen Strike to Head Splitter in Braver's place and Octaslash is in Cross-slash's spot.

Also I added the first wave of new weapon names up on the first message also.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-06-22 20:55:22 »
I thought Zack was 1st class, and Cloud became 1st class after they met.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-06-22 20:59:27 »
Cloud wasn't even in SOLDIER...  Let alone first class.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-06-22 20:59:34 »
Not according to this guide on Crisis Core. Seems Zack was 2nd Class when he was with Angeal I believe and after he died he got promoted. Can't remember cloud's complete backstory since its been 2 yrs since i last picked this up (in disc 1 still) but I thought he only became a normal Shinra Soldier. But as I said I have not touched Crisis Core.

Still need to find like 10 more sword names. Thought of renaming Murasame to Masamune Replica
« Last Edit: 2008-06-22 21:01:10 by SephirothClone »

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-06-22 22:29:52 »
I really like t he idea that the revamped buster sword should become the new Ultimate Weapon but be renamed Buster Sword. That would be AWESOME.

Not according to this guide on Crisis Core. Seems Zack was 2nd Class when he was with Angeal I believe and after he died he got promoted. Can't remember cloud's complete backstory since its been 2 yrs since i last picked this up (in disc 1 still) but I thought he only became a normal Shinra Soldier. But as I said I have not touched Crisis Core.

I've just played through Crisis Core and I'm almost positive that Zack becomes a 1st class Soldier as soon as Angeal disappears. Its either then or when Sephiroth goes MIA trying to find Angeal & Genesis.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-06-23 00:49:07 »
yeah if someone can help me do that I'll rename the Ultima Weapon into Buster Sword with the new revamped look with the creator's permission. Just i don't know much about Editing the weapon sprites.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-06-23 01:07:25 »
At the base you only need to rename the models names to change around swords.

As for importing the new buster sword, they should have instructions in the original thread.

SephirothClone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-06-23 05:11:35 »
At the base you only need to rename the models names to change around swords.

As for importing the new buster sword, they should have instructions in the original thread.

didn't quite get that. Do I alter the model names to change the sprites if so where are they located?

Update: apz_freak told me I can use his revamped Buster Sword but he is gonna make it smoother and such to match how new it was when Zack first got it.
« Last Edit: 2008-06-23 08:25:55 by SephirothClone »