Author Topic: *Team Avalanche: WMRP(WorldMap Retexture Project)*  (Read 193704 times)

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Help Identify World Map Textures!
« Reply #75 on: 2009-09-05 19:29:03 »
WOW! Those screenshots look absolutely fantastic! Great job!  :-)

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-09-05 20:53:17 »
all textures on the world map will be replaced in time.  I'll release something usable once the following are finished:

Grass*
Mud
Beaches
Snow
Bottom of towns

which will still leave:
Mountains and transition textures
snow mountain
rivers
ocean deep/shallow
underwater areas

The underwater areas will be last, if i decide to even do them. Such a small portion of the game is spent down there it hardly seems worth the effort.  I will probably end up doing it at some point, just for completion sake.

;ee

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009-09-05 20:55:17 »
all textures on the world map will be replaced in time.  I'll release something usable once the following are finished:

Grass*
Mud
Beaches
Snow
Bottom of towns

which will still leave:
Mountains and transition textures
snow mountain
rivers
ocean deep/shallow
underwater areas

The underwater areas will be last, if i decide to even do them. Such a small portion of the game is spent down there it hardly seems worth the effort.  I will probably end up doing it at some point, just for completion sake.

;ee

You got PM

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2009-09-05 21:03:25 »
errr still not getting it to work do you just think its a posibilty that you cant change the textures in the battle fields i been trying to repalce a texture in the first battle opaa the texture i trying to replace is opac but everytime i try i dont get my texuture could you possible try to replace this opac texture and tell me if it worked or not please

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009-09-06 01:06:34 »
Looking AMAZING :-o
You should really do the water soon, what with it being 75% of the world and all. 
Then you could say you're already 80% done  :-)

aaronlite

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-09-06 01:08:45 »
Looking nice. : )

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2009-09-06 04:34:49 »
when will this be available?

How do you install this if its ready for download?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #82 on: 2009-09-06 12:04:53 »
This is way epic, nice job dude!
However, i cant help but notice that because of these nice brand new textures, the 3D world map model looks, i daresay, a bit awful now. i did some research into the matter and it turns out there is one modelviewer for the world map, but nothing to edit it, sadly. I really want to do something like this now. anyone woth me on this? perhaps we can encourage someone with enough skill to make an extractor/reinserter for the world map models, since we know where they are, and what each map file has in it. im pretty sure, although i could be wrong, that those ".MAP" files are just archives with big .p files? i dont suppose they'd use a different model format just for that. perhaps there's also some script in there, but i dont think there'd be too much. at any rate, i'd love to edit the world map model, if it were possible.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2009-09-06 14:55:12 »
The trick with making a new model for a world map is assigning polies to what you can walk on and what blocks you n all that, unless they used invisible polies as bounds

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2009-09-06 15:44:18 »
Excellent work!  This looks great. :-)

I'm just wondering: when it comes release time will you be sharing the world_us.lgp or the textures for repacking?
It's your preference but I am using the PRP world_us.lgp and if you do decide to just upload the lgp could you specify which files were changed in a readme so I can repack them in?
 :-D

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-09-06 15:57:23 »
when i release it i will package only the replaced textures so you can use LGP tools to repack the changed ones without altering anything else you might have done to the world_us.lgp.  Installation will be similar to the way the 2D overhaul works, with a patch.bat that does everything for you. 

On a side note, this project is now a part of the Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul.  Hopefully in the future we can have a full-featured, all-in-one installer that does everything in one download!

lee

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2009-09-06 18:33:20 »
when i release it i will package only the replaced textures so you can use LGP tools to repack the changed ones without altering anything else you might have done to the world_us.lgp.  Installation will be similar to the way the 2D overhaul works, with a patch.bat that does everything for you. 

On a side note, this project is now a part of the Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul.  Hopefully in the future we can have a full-featured, all-in-one installer that does everything in one download!

lee

Glad to have you aboard  :-D

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #87 on: 2009-09-07 05:41:01 »

lee

Glad to have you aboard  :-D
Sweet! So, is this thread going to go bye-bye and all of its future updates will head directly to Team Avanlanche's?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009-09-07 05:49:31 »
Now that is an epic SWEETNESS.....!!! :mrgreen:

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2009-09-07 08:06:34 »
Great good pyrozen the grass and dirt look amazing even better than i imagined

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009-09-07 18:58:18 »
If I recall correctly the world map format is more like a Doom/Quake/etc. map. It contains infomration that allows the game to process only a small part of the map each time.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009-09-08 05:51:04 »
Well just don't MOD the Gold Saucer Sandy Area...I guess...

Its already quite grainy if ya ask me....  :lol:

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-09-08 19:46:28 »
i'm working on the sand now, and it's very difficult to get anything that looks good ingame.  I have a great texure created, but it tiles very noticably in game.  The original designers had it easy with their big blotchy textures, it's very easy to fit them together.  Only way to really get htem ingame is to blur them down, and add noise.  Unfortunatly it's very easy to make everything look exactly the same, just a different color.  I'm working on this in my free time, so i might end up releasing a small sample soon so others can see what i've done and possibly create their own textures as well.  It would make this whole process go much faster.

lee

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009-09-09 07:19:52 »
Awesome Pyrozen can't wait...

Uhmm...Can I ask you an off topic question?

Who is pyrozen? and who is lee?   :|

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2009-09-09 11:39:42 »
Wow pyrozon amazing job with the world man it looks great can't wait for a realease

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009-09-09 16:02:46 »

I'm going to guess that Lee is Pyrozen's real name :-P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #96 on: 2009-09-09 19:59:14 »

I'm going to guess that Lee is Pyrozen's real name :-P
I'm going to have to agree with KM's guess. But i've no idea who or what is Pyrozen lol.  :lol:

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2009-09-09 21:01:54 »
Sounds like a mixture of fire and ice to me. Pyro as in fire and the zen comes off of frozen and equals pyrozen  :-P

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2009-09-09 21:20:37 »

a small shot of the progress on the sand.  It's still a bit noisy but it fits nicely with my grass texture.  I've still got to do the animated portion, but i have a good idea of what i want to happen there.  Hopefully it looks good in the end.

Also, to explain my name the best i can:
I wanted a unique handle that i knew no one would ever think of(i hate that).  Basically fire/pyro=chaos and zen=peace.  Though costa07's is pretty good too, i never actually though about it that hard.  Anyways, I soley owned the name for about 13 years and never saw anyone else have the name.... that is until i found these a-holes....

http://www.pyrozen.com/

bastards even stole my domain!  I have no idea if they saw me and took the name.... but i have my suspicions.... bastards
lee

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2009-09-09 21:24:46 »
Man almost got it  :-P but your texture is looking great cant wait for the animated part to be done to see how it looks. By any chance will this mess with ruby weapon since he stands in the sand or will it change no effect for him?