Author Topic: U.S. Version of Top Gear... With Video.  (Read 3133 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
U.S. Version of Top Gear... With Video.
« on: 2010-08-08 13:03:51 »
For all you fans out there. Top Gear is coming to the U.S. Watch the video and tell me what you think...

Here is the trailer

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: U.S. Version of Top Gear... With Video.
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-08 13:34:38 »
It's hard to tell much from a short video, but they didn't seem to have as much "character" as Clarkson, May and Hammond. It will all depend on how well the presenters gel together and how popular their banter is. It wouldn't be surprising if this were the case, since US adaptations of successful British TV programmes tend to be disappointing (American Idol is a notable exception in terms of commercial success and ratings, but then again, it had Simon Cowell in it). I suppose that NBC can be given a little slack for making their own version instead of syndicating the British version, seeing as the American market for cars is very different from the British one, but... :-\

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-08 15:29:11 »
 There is only one person that can be ripped out from original Top Gear and stay fairy same...

The Stig:P

*through probably US one will walk around without a shirt and drink beer before driving to make him look more intelligent - in US way(xD hope nobody get's serious about that)*

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-08 17:44:59 »
Love Top Gear but it is really all about the banter and the hosts trying to diss each other (since any car show can have awesome cars).

I didn't see that in the video but it might end up well once their chemistry starts kicking in.

I do so wish to see more cars being exploded by a cannon.