Author Topic: Back to school! [particular shout out to any programmers onthe forum]  (Read 2832 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Back to school, back to school to show my daddy I'm not a fool... packed my lunch etc etc...

Anyway I'll try and keep this short as possible. (with a little back story to clarify)

I'm currently living in regional Victoria, next year my girlfriend is moving to uni and I plan to move with her to the city.
In the instance I have decided that I want to take all my unused brain power and enroll myself in a video games design course of some description.
I'm currently re-educating myself with max and photoshop but I want to be able to do more than just create things visually, and have become more increasingly interested in programming, also reading anarticle in PCpowerplay the other week, where a videogame exec stated that they would pick the designer who can code over the guy who can creatively design 9 times out of 10 made me consider this more.

Anyway I want to introduce myself to all things programming so I can put a small portfolio together so I can apply for a course as I don't have any formal education for a few of the prerequisites.
I've been doing a bit of reading online, got myself a compiler etc, but I wanted ask any of the coders on here in particular if they have any helpful resources for someone wanting to get started.
I also plan to use knowledge gained on some ff7 mods if i get the chance :)
Any resource on any language is good as I can't see how learning different programming languages would be such a bad thing.

Thanks in advance :)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Bout a third of the way through, very helpful, allot easier to understand than some of the other tutorials I've tried reading, thanks :)

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-28 20:04:38 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 09:53:20 by Jenova's Witness »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
how much math we talking about lol?