Author Topic: Are there any guides for editing fvii  (Read 4774 times)

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
Are there any guides for editing fvii
« on: 2006-05-16 21:04:13 »
i know its a broad question but id like to change soem of the 3d models on ffvii, but dont know where to start, i know theres loadss of software roun dhere but i dont know what they do or how to use them, i wanted to take models out of Ehrgeiz and try to put them into ffvii

Borde

• View Profile
Re: Are there any guides for editing fvii
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-17 10:03:49 »
Sorry Kini but currently you can just import external models to FF7. You can, however, create new models using pieces of others. You've got a little guide about it at the NPC Reconstruction Project thread (second post). Wish you luck.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-17 11:14:31 »
thank you very much Borde , sorry i mised that post i havent been on here for a while. il try the guide out over the weekend, thanks again :D

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-17 20:06:38 »
well couldnt wait till the weekend to try it out, ive been playing arround with the software for a few hours now, i decompiled some of the lgp files but thats as far as i got lol
im still abit lost on how to find the ones to edit and how to change them, im guessing thats where the trial and error comes into practice :p

thanks again

ChaosControl

• ยค
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-18 07:29:36 »
I think you should go into "dog-mode" and search the forums and read topics.
Might take a while but most of it is covered somewhere.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #5 on: 2006-05-21 21:16:02 »
See here for compilation of programs:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=4351.0

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #6 on: 2006-05-22 15:54:55 »
thanks, but is there any documentation on file locations? for chartactors etc, when i extract the LGP files there are thousands of them lol
id love to get involved in some of the projects here but its tough to get used to everything for a new member,

spyrojyros_tail

« Reply #7 on: 2006-05-22 18:14:57 »
Not that I know of, although that list would be pretty handy just for reference. It would be painstaking to go through thousands on your own but I guess if everyone just took a letter and ran every one through kimera and had a reference for it. For example

aaaa.hrc -> cloud
aagb.hrc -> tifa

and so on....

If it would help the lads doing the NPC Reconstruction project I would definitly waste a few hours doing that. It would be up to Borde and the guys to decide whether it would be useful to them or not.

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #8 on: 2006-05-22 21:16:00 »
i was reading through the lgp tools readme  to try and piece together the dificult task of building new models,

.TEX :       Custom PSX texture format (ie. bitmap graphics)
.RSD,.TXT :    Plain text
.HRC :       Skeleton hierarchy (editor will read associated RSD's for you to find out what files are used)
.P :      3d Polygon Data
- :      Field backgrounds

so with Kimera im just editing the .p files which are parts of the model, is there a way to group .p files for each charactor, or is there something in the file names im missing