Author Topic: Biturn crash  (Read 4670 times)

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
Biturn crash
« on: 2007-07-16 19:43:53 »
Whenever I try to open Biturn, it crashes. I'm not sure what else to say, it never opens, just crashes. After I post this, I will see if it is perhaps disagreeing with a program I have running, in the meantime, if anyone else has had and subsequently fixed this issue, I can use help.

[edit] Yeah, I shut down all unnecessary programs, but it still crashes.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-16 19:50:28 by taarna23 »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: Biturn crash
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-17 00:03:08 »
When it crashes does it have a missing .dll error message?

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-17 00:18:50 »
No, if I was getting one of those, I'd go find the dll I don't have... >.>

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-19 08:39:15 »
Hi taarna23
do you know how to run the program with command-line arguments ? Try to run Biturn.exe with parameter "/logheavy". That will create a log file where Biturn stores what it does. It will be located in the same directory as the program, and it should be file "biturn.log". Please view this file with notepad, and post what is inside so I can see what was going on when it crashed.

Are you using asian version of windows ? I think that I heard of such problem, when you tried to start Biturn in directory path, which contained non-english characters. Try moving Biturn directory to root of your drive ( C:\Biturn ) and try to run it there.

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-19 16:34:14 »
How interesting. I am running under Asian language settings, so that may be a contributing issue. However, running it with a command line parameter caused it to actually run, no matter where I have it. Running it from the command line with no parameter still caused it to crash. I guess that just means my logfile will have to get deleted every now and then so it doesn't get too big, hehe.

Thanks! =)

[Edit] Can't browse directories from within Biturn without a crash. >.>
Oh, well. I've changed my language settings for less.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-19 16:38:53 by taarna23 »

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-20 05:49:59 »
Hi
reason for that not-crashing could be that when you run it with the parameter then its current directory changes to C:\

so when you changed your language settings it did not crash anymore ? Interesting. Did it crash even in directories with only english characters ?

I'll have to investigate this further. Please can you investigate which exact moment causes it to crash ? Is it when you try to expand the directory tree on the left ? Or when you click on some directory ? Does it crash also when you click on different drive letter ?

taarna23

• View Profile
    • Papercrafter's Haven
« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-20 07:00:58 »
Yup, even in folders with English characters. I don't think I have folders with anything else! It may be that while the backslash is still the button used to make the path divider, it appears as something different in Asian settings, I have the problem while chatting in some originally-Asian games. I believe it usually shows as a yen symbol, which is a capital "Y" with two dashes across the middle.