Author Topic: Why do I love fanboys, part 579  (Read 2753 times)

Jari

Why do I love fanboys, part 579
« on: 2007-11-24 23:55:23 »
Amarok2 builds on Windows

Enjoy the comments. :-D

Linux fanboys, just like console fanboys and Mac fanboys are an endless source of entertainment. :lol:

Anyway, mark my words; 200 years from now there will be no religions as we know them today. There will be Cult of Mac, Church of Linux and the Most Holy Congregation of PlayStation instead. They will have mass worshiping rites - "Praise the Holy Blu-Rayz!" - they will burn dirty infidels in the Holy Bonfires of the Kernel and wage war by setting up Endless Crusades of the Most Extolled Jobs.

Of course, they'll also have re-education camps, where the non-bewiivers receive one final Shower of Cleansing Love to cure them from their evil ways.

It's all true, John Titor told me.

Midgar

• View Profile
Re: Why do I love fanboys, part 579
« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-25 01:58:29 »
I don't know why people like AmaroK anyways. I tried it, hated it, and ended emulating foobar2000 until I got Windows again, and I resumed the use of it. What was funny was that foobar2000 ened up running more stable and faster than native Linux apps.

Jari

Re: Why do I love fanboys, part 579
« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-25 12:22:29 »
*shrugs*

The media library and Internet integration are pretty sweet.

It's a massive resource hog - for MP3 player anyway - if you don't happen to run KDE, though (as it apparently loads all kinds of support libraries that are included in KDE).