Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2.3 & v1.1b)  (Read 370749 times)

shk2258

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2.3 & v1.1b)
« Reply #800 on: 2024-04-27 05:37:40 »
Sadly, I'm also getting that damn Unknown exception error while trying this mod in 2013 original game. Even tried to rollback to older versions of the game, but the error keeps going on in the very first battle. I've finished the game in lion heart 2 times in 2019 version and wanted to try the updated one for 2013 ='(

Anyone solved the problem already?

godaimer

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2024-06-24 14:12:02 »
Hello!

First, I have to THANK YOU for this mode. I've discovered it few weeks ago (after finishing FF7 NT 2.0, was a blast!) and I started a new game with the Ragnarok mode + no exp challenge (while not using rare card items). The journey is amazing...  I need to find every little detail to beat certain bosses, plus the adjustments related to the cards and the difficulty sound so right to me. Quality of life changes and additions, like being able to draw 25/30 spells at once, the NO EXP ability available for everyone as the game beings (!!!) and the possibility to reset CARDS RULES IN SOME REGIONS!!! My gosh... perfect reading of what needed that game. Congratulations for that.

Speaking of cards rules, I'm at the end of disc2 (just before the the Balamb/Galbadia war) and I found some of the NPC that resets rules (Deling City, Trabia, FH...) but I can't find the one in Balamb Garden. Cards are a big part of my run, and "random" has been spread in Balamb. A big mistake I know, it's been a long time I haven't play that game and I totally forgot the spreading rules. So, I would like to just remove this and I'm hoping there is also a "guy" in Balamb that can do that.

Could you please give me some hints related to that?

And again, thanks to all the people for all the work done for this mode. So great!!

EDIT: I found the guy!

But now, I have another question. Is it normal that when you pay the woman at Lunar Gate to reset the Lunar Gate card rules, nothing happens? Like, I paid her twice (2x100 000 gils) and when I want to challenge the Queen of Card here, all the rules (literally ALL of them) are still active. Almost impossible to give her the card she wants to continue the card quest.

Is it normal, like a scam (:D) or is it an omission? a bug? Thanks.

EDIT 2: So, it's seems like paying to reset rules AFTER talking to the Queen doesn't reset them. But if you pay to reset rules BEFORE talking to the Queen, it works. To my great fortune, I'd saved before entering Lunar Gate...
« Last Edit: 2024-06-27 13:03:20 by godaimer »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2024-07-12 08:35:52 »
started a new game with the Ragnarok mode + no exp challenge (while not using rare card items). T

stepmine will be your friend :> enjoy did a noexp run on lionheart difficulty which was awesome fun to figure out some of the stuff :)

Ace D Firefist

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2024-07-25 18:26:05 »
Thanks so much for the time and effort you spent making this mod. From when I hit the save point, to the time I finished the Cerberus boss fight with 3 stacks of double... was 4 hours. 5 wipes. This mod isn't for everyone, but it is the most fun I've had with a classic era FF since the first time through all those years ago. Well done.

InfernAngelis89

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: Today at 04:04:10 »
Hi everyone! Is there someone online that modded the 2019 Remaster Version? I am getting an error message and cant figure out what went wrong. Im not computer savy but I thought I followed the instructions to the T. Any help? When I try to open the game on steam, I get 2 pop up windows. One says the below:

DEMASTER ENGINE LOADED!
Reading config file demaster.conf
IMAGE_BASE at: 6AC90000; OPENGL at: 6F040000
Applying DIRECT_IO
Applying texture patches...
Applying BATTLE_CHARA patch
Applying FIELD_ENTITY patch
BATTLE_HOOK- STARTING PATCHING
Applying battle field patch
ApplyBattleFieldPatch():ds_free is at: 6C2FB2A8 and ds_teximg is at: 6C2FB4AC
Applying FIELD_BACKGROUND PATCH
Applying WORLD_TEXTURES PATCH