Author Topic: [SOLVED] Getting xbox one controller to work with 7th heaven  (Read 9575 times)

Unwise Owl Tattoo

• View Profile
I'm using the steam version of FFVII. When playing vanilla FFVII the controller works fine, but when launching through 7th heaven with mods, I can only use keyboard, even though it shows in the config menu that controller binds are present. Anyone able to get a xbox one controller working with 7th heaven?

Thanks

I'm on Windows 10 with everything up to date.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-18 08:01:19 by EQ2Alyza »

paladin181

• View Profile
Re: Getting xbox one controller to work with 7th heaven
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-02 16:03:31 »
I'm using the steam version of FFVII. When playing vanilla FFVII the controller works fine, but when launching through 7th heaven with mods, I can only use keyboard, even though it shows in the config menu that controller binds are present. Anyone able to get a xbox one controller working with 7th heaven?

Thanks

I'm on Windows 10 with everything up to date.
Ick. Not much help for you, my XBox One controller just worked out the box. Sorry. You can try using Antimicro to map your keyboard functions to controller buttons. The advantage is you get use of the D-Pad separately from the joystick and analog run with a little bit of configuration.

SirCarcass

• View Profile
Re: Getting xbox one controller to work with 7th heaven
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-17 00:20:03 »
The edit from the OP of this thread solved it for me.  You have to set the controller as your preferred device and it should work.  I had set mine in the past, but for some reason it had "none" listed.

Cloudstrife809

• View Profile
If anyone else is having trouble after exhausting the other methods listed here go into steam library->
steam apps->common->final fantasy vii-> then drag/drop the ff7input.cfg into the 7th Heaven controls folder under 7th Heaven->resources->controls. This is what I had to do to get my controller working.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
If anyone else is having trouble after exhausting the other methods listed here go into steam library->
steam apps->common->final fantasy vii-> then drag/drop the ff7input.cfg into the 7th Heaven controls folder under 7th Heaven->resources->controls. This is what I had to do to get my controller working.
Please stop reviving dead threads and double-posting.