Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4927337 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9350 on: 2020-05-02 21:58:12 »
Cool will return stronger!

Quick one, got the NPC explaining me the new threat quests at the highwind but some require leader change which... can’t do, tried the guy at the Operations room but nothing special, does this require reaching end of crater?

Yeah, I didn't think that NPC appeared until then but guess he was set for Disc 3. The party leader swap guy needs the crater to be navigated.

TheNathanParable

• View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: 2020-05-02 22:02:05 »
Will current save files work with New Threat 2.0, or will we have to start a new game? I'm not that far into the game currently and i'm more than happy to wait for 2.0 to come out.

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: 2020-05-02 22:03:34 »

why you will cut some content for 2.0? do you feel it isn't good enough or other reasons? you could make an optional install with 1.5 content with 2.0

SpammingIsCool

• View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: 2020-05-02 22:34:05 »
Probably within the month.
Nice!, can't wait   8) 8) ??? 8)

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: 2020-05-03 00:27:45 »
Sorry to keep asking so many questions. Is there a way to revert from arrange mode to the normal mode? I am finding arrange mode beyond difficult.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: 2020-05-03 01:02:31 »
Will current save files work with New Threat 2.0, or will we have to start a new game? I'm not that far into the game currently and i'm more than happy to wait for 2.0 to come out.

New game would be needed, but you might be waiting over a month depending on how things go. If my work re-opens early then that'll slow it down.

why you will cut some content for 2.0? do you feel it isn't good enough or other reasons? you could make an optional install with 1.5 content with 2.0

Some doesn't feel good enough, other things are a bit intrusive/bloat. 1.5 is getting maintained as a legacy version though.

Sorry to keep asking so many questions. Is there a way to revert from arrange mode to the normal mode? I am finding arrange mode beyond difficult.

I can do it I think if I get your save file; I need to apply a change to a var on the field and in-battle.

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: 2020-05-03 01:21:05 »
i'm playing it straight in arrange mode. am i missing something cool/interesting from normal mode?
after beat the game in one mode i must play again on the other mode if i want to see everything cool the mod have?

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: 2020-05-03 01:23:32 »
or each mode just changes difficulty of base new threat in subtle ways and doesn't matter much in a "new features" point-of-view?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: 2020-05-03 02:05:51 »
i'm playing it straight in arrange mode. am i missing something cool/interesting from normal mode?
after beat the game in one mode i must play again on the other mode if i want to see everything cool the mod have?
or each mode just changes difficulty of base new threat in subtle ways and doesn't matter much in a "new features" point-of-view?

Normal mode has everything, Arrange just ups the difficulty of it and changes some of the normal mode bosses.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: 2020-05-03 02:52:33 »
Arrange mode applies a level increase to all of the enemies which will make it harder overall. Arrange also has a different set of many bosses than Normal mode. Most are harder but some are easier in Arrange compared to Normal.

Sticon

• View Profile
« Reply #9360 on: 2020-05-03 09:33:47 »
Hello,

First of all thank you sincerely for this mod,truly stellar work.

I'm encountering constant driver crashing when I start the Gold Saucer Diamond Match.It crashes the moment the game tries to load the battle after the black screen.I'm using the april 30th IRO version with 7th Heaven and have tried disabling every other mod, leaving only NT active, but the result is the same.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-03 09:42:24 by Sticon »

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9361 on: 2020-05-03 10:14:28 »
Hello here
All fights are done correcly without bug exept for the pinnacle sephiross, having same problem as when i fought zengan !
And i notice too, the zolom doesn't learn me alpha anymore and it's the last enemy skill for having all, so where alpha could be ... 🤔🤔

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9362 on: 2020-05-03 12:24:35 »
Hello here
All fights are done correcly without bug exept for the pinnacle sephiross, having same problem as when i fought zengan !
And i notice too, the zolom doesn't learn me alpha anymore and it's the last enemy skill for having all, so where alpha could be ... 🤔🤔

You're looking for Chronocure, Pollensalta has it in the Crater (right path).

May 3rd Patches

Added Dragoon Lance to a new chest in Da Chao Cave
Fixed the Supershot ST chest
Checked Bizarro Fight
Added Model files for IRO

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/i4kFGTiY#gBNlyw-scAsWlxpiXUpanzGXabIe-Y3ayyOxvAwdml4

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/298zRDgR#qhBmFAQc-XUXXAOo8RPcRb04raIgZz3frGAcRMUl_uw

R06
https://mega.nz/file/fp0XETwQ#PJETZLwgBxTNDAN78OCERxUBEJlvbJTqouamuSCNtLU

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: 2020-05-03 13:02:07 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Is there a readme or a guide for New Threat that details some of the mod's features and changes? For example, what each character's innate abilities are, etc.

Thanks

diop

• View Profile
« Reply #9364 on: 2020-05-03 15:08:34 »
Hey Sega Chief,

Is there a readme or a guide for New Threat that details some of the mod's features and changes? For example, what each character's innate abilities are, etc.

Thanks
In the downloadable .ZIP there's a folder called Documentation that has all that stuff included.

When I installed the new patch today and started playing the mod didn't load and then the game crashed during my first battle.  I was at the Airbuster/Plasmabuster fight.  It only happened once out of the four attempts, so it was maybe just on my end, but thought I'd bring it up.

Curious why you removed the Sephiroth mention from President Shinra, but perhaps I'll figure that out more in a little bit as I keep playing.  Still enjoying the mod a tonne.

joyvisions

• View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: 2020-05-03 16:08:26 »
I just wanted to take a moment to give a major THANK YOU for this wonderful mod.

FFVII is one of my favorite games of all time, but I have simply beaten it too many times and have always found it to be a breeze. I am just after the Sector 5 reactor and am loving every minute of it. The battles have been keeping me on my toes and the party customization is so much more engaging than the original. Also, there are some really smart and well-integrated extra scenes/battles that flow great with the original. This doesn't even feel like a mod because I now can't even picture the content NOT being in the original. Combining this with Remako and the Reunion gives me the remaster I always wanted.

Anyways, it means a lot to me that you are putting in the hard work with such a respect for the source material.

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9366 on: 2020-05-03 16:20:30 »
silly question: the documentation folder contains a note called "where is the thing"
i don't like spoilers, so i never opened it to read.. but i can't ignore it every time i open that folder.
this 'thing' is a secret monster? a secret weapon? a secret Weapon Monster? (the most wonderfull thing in the world if you make this happen!)
i just want to know parcially, not what exactly is it  :roll:

eaglemind02

• View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: 2020-05-03 16:27:34 »
You're looking for Chronocure, Pollensalta has it in the Crater (right path).

May 3rd Patches

Added Dragoon Lance to a new chest in Da Chao Cave
Fixed the Supershot ST chest
Checked Bizarro Fight
Added Model files for IRO

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/i4kFGTiY#gBNlyw-scAsWlxpiXUpanzGXabIe-Y3ayyOxvAwdml4

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/298zRDgR#qhBmFAQc-XUXXAOo8RPcRb04raIgZz3frGAcRMUl_uw

R06
https://mega.nz/file/fp0XETwQ#PJETZLwgBxTNDAN78OCERxUBEJlvbJTqouamuSCNtLU

Super patch SegaChief, all is now ok for me exept for the pollensalta pool of manipulation skills, you said she can learn me chronocure but when i manupilate her, she only has Beta Hairwhip and Mustad Bomb, and i try to do an infinite fight with her and never do the chronocure thing, trying limit her such as the gaea dragoon in 1.4 for magnitude8 and stuff like that but nothing.

diop

• View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: 2020-05-03 16:28:39 »
silly question: the documentation folder contains a note called "where is the thing"
i don't like spoilers, so i never opened it to read.. but i can't ignore it every time i open that folder.
this 'thing' is a secret monster? a secret weapon? a secret Weapon Monster? (the most wonderfull thing in the world if you make this happen!)
i just want to know parcially, not what exactly is it  :roll:
Lots of items are moved around in this mod, so the "thing" is just a vague "I can't fix x 'thing', where is it?"  It's not really a spoiler, it just says for example where you can find the MP Plus Materia.

Just a small suggestion, I was hoping to buy some echo drops from the item shop in the Sector 5 Slums, since so many enemies inflict darkness, but none of the shops have any.  Maybe add them in somewhere?

heromic

• View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: 2020-05-03 16:36:28 »
ah, okay, i understand. thank you so much! now i can rest in peace without thinking about the document :v

so i suggest sega chief to add (if you didn't done it already) on version 2.0 a completely new Weapon Monster on the world map (if this is possible of course) after doing some puzzle solving or something like this, weapon monsters never are enough in FF games. Shame they doesn't exist anymore on newer games :/

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: 2020-05-03 16:44:42 »
In the downloadable .ZIP there's a folder called Documentation that has all that stuff included.

Thank you. There even was a link to the documentation in the OP, which I completely missed for some reason.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9371 on: 2020-05-03 16:55:52 »

Super patch SegaChief, all is now ok for me exept for the pollensalta pool of manipulation skills, you said she can learn me chronocure but when i manupilate her, she only has Beta Hairwhip and Mustad Bomb, and i try to do an infinite fight with her and never do the chronocure thing, trying limit her such as the gaea dragoon in 1.4 for magnitude8 and stuff like that but nothing.

My bad, it was actually Death Dealer that had this skill. He's in the same area.

Lots of items are moved around in this mod, so the "thing" is just a vague "I can't fix x 'thing', where is it?"  It's not really a spoiler, it just says for example where you can find the MP Plus Materia.

Just a small suggestion, I was hoping to buy some echo drops from the item shop in the Sector 5 Slums, since so many enemies inflict darkness, but none of the shops have any.  Maybe add them in somewhere?

All right.

ah, okay, i understand. thank you so much! now i can rest in peace without thinking about the document :v

so i suggest sega chief to add (if you didn't done it already) on version 2.0 a completely new Weapon Monster on the world map (if this is possible of course) after doing some puzzle solving or something like this, weapon monsters never are enough in FF games. Shame they doesn't exist anymore on newer games :/

There is a world map editor, but no promises on that.

adireron

• View Profile
« Reply #9372 on: 2020-05-04 00:35:48 »
Thanks for the excellent mod, on my new playthrough and was getting some crashing using the 7th heaven version of the mod, but read on reddit that the installer version solves that issue. To that effect, so far so good. I believe I would have crashed by now. So wonderful!

So, deactivating the mod in 7th heaven is what I assume to be the correct path, but I noticed that my potions now heal only 100hp, despite the description text saying it heals 300hp, as should be expected? If I remember right?

Any help on this anyone? First post, apologies if I goofed up or missed a thread, it's a tough thing to search.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: 2020-05-04 04:34:52 »
Thanks for the excellent mod, on my new playthrough and was getting some crashing using the 7th heaven version of the mod, but read on reddit that the installer version solves that issue. To that effect, so far so good. I believe I would have crashed by now. So wonderful!

So, deactivating the mod in 7th heaven is what I assume to be the correct path, but I noticed that my potions now heal only 100hp, despite the description text saying it heals 300hp, as should be expected? If I remember right?

Any help on this anyone? First post, apologies if I goofed up or missed a thread, it's a tough thing to search.

That means the .exe is no longer patched. It's not a good idea to run the Main Installer over a 7h installation as it hard-patches the files and will mean that 7h may behave in unpredictable ways if used on top of it.

If you're fine with that, then for the .exe, there should be a folder inside the installer download called emergency .exe patch; use the ff7.exe (if it's 1998/game converted) or ff7_en.exe if it's Steam.

If not, then reinstall the game with 7h (save files can be kept) and download the IRO from this thread; it's a few patches ahead of the catalog IRO for NT and has some key fixes in it.

Ansalem

• View Profile
« Reply #9374 on: 2020-05-04 19:02:39 »
Just made an account so I could say, I'm loving this mod. I'm up to Kalm and the, umm... interesting scene at the inn made my day. Definitely gonna be finishing the game again after many years.

I have a question, though. When are you supposed to get the specialization stuff? If I'm past it, how do you access it? Worried I might have done something wrong with the install or something.

edit: And I just figured it out.  ;D
« Last Edit: 2020-05-04 20:02:58 by Ansalem »