Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246356 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
You're using a German copy of Windows. I suspect that the remix patcher wasn't made to handle non-English versions (eg "Programme" instead of "Program Files").

zockirrer

• View Profile
ya think? this was the only copy i found on the net and it was flagged as multilang
i dunno where to get a regular english version
all i can find is the ducked up ultima version >.<

Zarradeth

• View Profile
It will work, but you will have to do some manual registry and text editing, I can give you step-by-step instructions on what you will have to edit- but I don't have time right now, as I'm about to leave for class.

If Titeguy3 hasn't helped you by the time I get back- I can tell you what all will need to be edited, and what it needs to be edited to.

And btw, in that screenshot- did you open the OpenGL.cfg yourself? Or did the setup open it? 'Cause, thinking off the top of my head, if you're game is located in "Programme", it shouldn't have opened on it's own.

zockirrer

• View Profile
It will work, but you will have to do some manual registry and text editing, I can give you step-by-step instructions on what you will have to edit- but I don't have time right now, as I'm about to leave for class.

If Titeguy3 hasn't helped you by the time I get back- I can tell you what all will need to be edited, and what it needs to be edited to.

And btw, in that screenshot- did you open the OpenGL.cfg yourself? Or did the setup open it? 'Cause, thinking off the top of my head, if you're game is located in "Programme", it shouldn't have opened on it's own.

i c, i havent read anything about doing some manual registry editing. step by step instructions would be nice
and the openGL.cfg was opened by the setup

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
doesnt work 4 me, after install i got some message openGL bla not found

and the option openGL config is not there
when i start the game i get a black screen for 1 sec and then switchin back 2 desktop the game doesnt start,nothing
i DLt FF7 installed it and ran the patch and its not working so
a guide beginning from zero would be nice

greetz

EDIT:
tried 2 run in 640x480
game installed in default directory
I think I know what the problem is... since it seems tha %ProgramFiles% links to "Programme" on your computer, it'd be easier to keep it there...

Here's what you do:
1) Install the game to "Programme" and install the patch there.
2) It'll give you the same vbs error (the path was not found), and at the end of the batch file it'll say "Error Finding patched installation of FFVII Remix", go ahead and press enter.
3) Go to the \movies folder, and look for files named
Code: [Select]
ff7movkeyC64.reg
ff7movkeyD64.reg
ff7movkeyE64.reg
ff7movkeyF64.reg
ff7movkeyG64.reg
ff7movkeyC.reg
ff7movkeyD.reg
ff7movkeyE.reg
ff7movkeyF.reg
ff7movkeyG.reg
and open whichever one matches your system drive (i.e. for a 32-bit OS installed on C drive, run ff7movkeyC.reg) with notepad.
4) Edit it, changing all instances of "Program Files" to "Programme", save it, and run it.
5) make shortcuts to "Run FFVII-Remix.bat", "FF7Config.bat", and "OpenGLConfig.bat" wherever you want. (you might also want to give the shortcuts icons by assigning them in the shortcut properties), and if you want to run the game, use the "Run FFVII-Remix.bat" shortcut.

If the game still doesn't work, copy and paste what the FF7Music console tells you (it should open with FF7).
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 19:53:28 by titeguy3 »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
THANK YOU!!!

Certainly since I can make work this in Spanish?

Este patch esta todo en Ingles, y tu juego estaria en ingles despues de instalarlo.

zockirrer

• View Profile
i did everything
still doesnt work is i try the openGL config it says :path not found

CyberPirate

• View Profile
I installed it now and tried to test it, but whenever I try to run ff7.exe through the start menu, it just goes black and then pops back to Windows, saying that the application stopped. I'm running Vista x64. Also, when I try to run it as administrator, it tells me it can't find ficedula/ff7music.exe and after I click OK, it comes another message saying it can't find ff7.exe.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 20:16:24 by CyberPirate »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
i did everything
still doesnt work is i try the openGL config it says :path not found

Are you sure you followed the instructions above? I was sitting there modifying my post for a while..haha.

If it still doesn't work, run \ficedula\ff7music.exe, then run FF7.exe in compatibility mode for windows 98, and if it crashes, copy and paste what the console window says using the
Code: [Select]
[code]Insert stuff here[/code] tags

I installed it now and tried to test it, but whenever I try to run ff7.exe through the start menu, it just goes black and then pops back to Windows, saying that the application stopped. I'm running Vista x64. Also, when I try to run it as administrator, it tells me it can't find ficedula/ff7music.exe and after I click OK, it comes another message saying it can't find ff7.exe

Where'd you install your game into? The game has to be installed into [System Drive]\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ to work properly.
Also, don't run as administrator...disable User Account Control from the Users option in the control panel then restart.
If it still doesn't work, try changing the resolution via the OpenGL Config File
« Last Edit: 2009-09-10 20:25:59 by titeguy3 »

CyberPirate

• View Profile
The directory FF7 is instaleld to is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

zockirrer

• View Profile
i did everything still doesnt work i only get a black screen with the pc not reacting to anything
can u PLS make a guide where u dont change everythin all 2 mins like in the posts above  >.<
step by step easy explained. appreciate it

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
I approve of the MDef patch being in here with author acknowledgment. ;)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
i did everything still doesnt work i only get a black screen with the pc not reacting to anything
can u PLS make a guide where u dont change everythin all 2 mins like in the posts above  >.<
step by step easy explained. appreciate it

I can't help you if I don't know what the problem is... It sounds like the patch is installing just fine, but can't find the movie registry key, which is what I was trying to help you with in my post above...I'm going to need some debug info or more screenshots or *something*. I hope you understand that I don't have the slightest clue how German windows works so i can't just make a guide that's going to work 100%, since I have no way of testing it. All I have to go on are assumptions and the sparse information I've been given.

I need to know *why* it isn't working before I can figure out how to fix it. I hope you understand this.

Zarradeth

• View Profile
@titeguy3:
Nevermind, found out on my own. :P

@zockirrer:
Oh crap, I misread- you have the german setup. Gimme sometime to look over what is going on and I'll try to help too.
EDIT: Do me a favor, open regedit "Open the run dialog and type "regedit" and press enter. Browse to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.", right click on the folder and pick export. Then upload that somewhere so we can take a look.

@CyberPirate
Try running FF7music.exe as admin (browse into the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula" folder yourself and do it), then launch FF7 with the button inside FF7music. See if that works.

Also, to anyone who is installing from a completely clean FF7 installation- as-in you haven't even ran the game yet. Run "FF7Config.exe" before you run install the Remix patch. FF7 always runs this program once (since it sets up your config), but it writes reg values that will overwrite the Remix's reg values. So this has to be ran before you install the Remix installer (or just rerunning ff7remixpostinstall.bat should fix the problem, if the reg values have been messed up.)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 00:18:49 by Zarradeth »

zockirrer

• View Profile
allright i did the regedit
heres the file

http://ul.to/4x7ec9

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Try adding this to your registry (double click it and say okay)
http://rapidshare.com/files/278350136/ff7hopefullyfixed.reg.html
and then try running the game.

zockirrer

• View Profile
now i get a :error cannot load movie plug in
and i still cant configure openGL
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 00:59:26 by zockirrer »

Zarradeth

• View Profile
now i get a :error cannot load movie plug in
and i still cant configure openGL

Is there a file in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\" called "tm20dec.ax"
if not copy the file into there and try again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/278357607/tm20dec.ax.html

Also, did you install the remix patch right off a clean install without having run the game before? <--EDIT
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 01:06:44 by Zarradeth »

zockirrer

• View Profile

Is there a file in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\" called "tm20dec.ax"
if not copy the file into there and try again.

http://rapidshare.com/files/278357607/tm20dec.ax.html

yup its there

zockirrer

• View Profile
no i ran the game b4 but
i just heard the eidos sounds but didnt see anything ^^

Zarradeth

• View Profile
ermmm.. I've had this problem before, but never really figured out 100% what caused it, but I know it has to do with registry stuff.

What I want you to try is start regedit. Goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\1.00\Graphics" Select the whole graphics folder and delete it (right click the folder)
Then try adding this to the registry and rerunning.
http://rapidshare.com/files/278361235/ff7opengl.reg.html
This might produce the same behavior you have been having we will see....

zockirrer

• View Profile
now i get a black screen with the pc not reacting to anything
and still cant configure openGL

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Alright---
1) To edit the opengl config, just open a notepad and drag and drop the "ff7_opengl.cfg" into and and edit then save. It's just a plain text file.

Here is what I recommend you do- this will be a bit of a hacky task but if this doesnt work, I dunno if I will be able to help you.

1) Back-up your saves folder (...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\save)
2) Uninstall FF7 using the uninstaller (you have to use the uninstaller, it will clean the reg entries too)
3) Double check that "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc." doesn't exist anymore-- if it does, delete it.
4) Delete the Square Soft, Inc folder from your program files folder, completely removing all traces of everything.
5) Reinstall Final Fantasy 7 from the disc, do a full install.
6) Run "FF7Config.exe" (located in ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\) and press okay, don't worry about any of the settings. (You can copy back your saves at this point too)
7) Open Winrar and then open Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-3_Installer.exe, extract all the files in it to ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ (like you normally would, we just dont want the post install script to start right away.
8.) Unrar and copy these files into ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\, overwrite any files it asks about (http://rapidshare.com/files/278367841/Fix_plz.rar.html)
9) Run ff7remixpostinstall.bat located in ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\
10) Browse into the ...\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies" folder and run "ff7movkeyC.reg"
11) Enjoy?

And I need to know, I took it for granted before due to your screenshot- but you are installing and running this from a C: drive right?

Also, after looking at the VBS script, I'm not sure why it doesn't install right for you. I think it might have to do with stuff having different names from the english Windows to the version you are running.
^^ Sorry had to change the steps on you, one of the paths was hard coded and I can't test\am having a hard time changing it...
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 01:44:59 by Zarradeth »

zockirrer

• View Profile
i did everything just getting a blackscreen with nothing happening again ..

Zarradeth

• View Profile
i did everything just getting a blackscreen with nothing happening again ..

Here is my last ditch effort, I honestly don't know what else to try after this.

This is a copy of my registy stuff for FF7 (with a few minor edits so that it will point to your program files and right reg keys)
Try deleting "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.", the whole folder. Then importing my keys.
Launch "C:\Programme\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe" and then run FF7 through that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/278380431/FF7kezzz.reg.html
If this doesn't work then I really don't know if there is anything I can do to help... :(