Author Topic: Qhimm.com linked in a PCWorld Article  (Read 4363 times)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
Qhimm.com linked in a PCWorld Article
« on: 2012-01-19 13:38:59 »
Being that this place likes to be kept "quiet" in some ways, I thought people would be interested to know that PC World wrote an article telling people how to install the game using Aali's driver as well as the NPC Reconstruction project.

See here.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Qhimm.com linked in a PCWorld Article
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-19 13:42:45 »
Wow... o_O

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-19 13:54:59 »
Strange that the article contains such outdated information.

Tarts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-19 13:57:45 »
Quote from: PC World Article
Next you need to patch the game: Download the latest Final Fantasy VII patch you can find (you can get the Final Fantasy VII 1.4 patch at the Strategy Informer site), extract it into the directory where you installed the game, and allow it to overwrite any redundant files. Simple as that (the '90s were a simpler time, with nonexecutable patches).

No, WTF! You don't need that at all! It can only bring harm  :P

But seriously, that step they mentioned should be cut, burned forever and obliterated by Omnislash.

EDIT: Yeah, and NPC Reconstruction Project too. Also, TrueMotion 2 codec? The heck? That s*** is at least 4 years old  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2012-01-19 14:01:10 by Tarts »

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-19 13:58:34 »
I know. The NPC reconstruction project? Hahahaha. That was like 2007 or something.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-19 17:29:08 »
Awesome sign in system thay have, first time I posted about the 1.4 patch it told me to sign in, so I did, didn't show my post and the text box was blank, typed another message and it double posted while posting my original post too...

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-19 19:24:58 »
Yeah it is a bit ridiculous, I posted the second message on there. I mean seriously, I'd love to send a direct e-mail to the moron that wrote that terrible article. I can't believe someone working for PC World is able to be so fucking obtuse.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-19 19:30:01 »
This guy probably had these mods for a very long time and havn't been bothered updating or hardly ever check's this site and he was happy enough with the old mods and decided to share by making his own tut
« Last Edit: 2012-01-19 21:23:06 by e1sunz »

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-19 19:37:31 »
That's the most plausible explanation, but I just can't imagine writing an article without actually looking at the website I'm linking to first.

I appear to be on a moan-streak today 0_o.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-19 20:56:17 »
Time? Resources? Because the link was added by a copy-editor rather than the author? There could be all sorts of legitimate reasons.

Prince Lex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-19 22:35:58 »
Time? Resources? Because the link was added by a copy-editor rather than the author? There could be all sorts of legitimate reasons.

Cool. Be that as it may, I don't think it excuses the shoddiness of the severely outdated information it provides, considering it's a PC World article.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-01-20 17:32:11 »
I agree with you Lex. If they're going to do an article they should at least take the time to look around and update their facts a little :P  It's a disappointing article.