Author Topic: Limit ideas for Sephiroth  (Read 5387 times)

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
Limit ideas for Sephiroth
« on: 2012-10-18 16:20:27 »
Edit: Release Date: Late November to early December, Animation Release: on hiatus till further notice this is dependent upon finding a program that supports the old files which seems to not exist any more.

New Edit!: I have begone work on giving Sephiroth different Katana's.  What i'm basically doing is recoloring and or re-sizing old ones and giving them new names.  So keep a watch out for that.
So recently I managed to get the old to new to work and was messing around with LIBRE and got the changes to work.  Now I thought up atleast two new names and used limit animations from other characters to work on Cloud's.  So now I am having trouble thinking up of good ones that other people would enjoy so I wanted to get everyones thoughts.  So for example I edited Braver's to have Beast Flare's animation but the sound still has the slash from braver but still has the one for Beast Flare.  So anyway please let me know what you think would go well and what name you can think up.

Here is a video concept link enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXISPdhE0Co&feature=youtu.be

Edit: so this is the result I have come up with so far

Limit level 1

1-1 wrath of the Chosen (using Beast Flare)

1-2 Cosmic Crisis (sattelite beam)

Limit level 2

2-1 prelude to oblivion (using livewire fixed error it only attacks one opponent and fires a second animation, best way to fix it)

2-2 Ruination to all (using stardust ray)

limit level 3

3-1 apacolypse (using all creation)

3-2 heartless angel (using nightmare)

limit level 4

4-1 supernova (using cosmo memory)

So do you guys like the combo and name idea?

Edit: If you guys are wondering why I took some from red 13 since most of his are howls its just I couldn't find any more suitable ones for what I have planned and the howl animation is only a few seconds long.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-25 22:09:01 by genesis063 »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Re: Limit ideas for Sephiroth
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-19 12:28:33 »
I like what you have so far. Keep up the good work.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-19 12:33:55 »
It would be nice to post a concept video... keep it up!

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-19 12:49:04 »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I was actually just looking in the enemy skill materia list and you can get shadow flare that way so i'll think of something else.

Edit: got to run to gun shoot i'll post concept videos when I get back.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-19 13:28:52 by genesis063 »

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-19 14:45:26 »
For his final limit I would add something that would end with a comet.
Maybe Ultima spell followed with a comet. And name it "obliterate" or "Return to Oblivion" as his wish was to destroy the planet with a comet to return to the lifesteam, or something like that.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-19 17:54:00 »
I love the idea but I think the only thing would be that the ID for the animation for spell to limit is to different to use.  I'll give it a try and see how it goes but it might not work.

Edit: Sorry Nightmarish but your idea will not work.

Edit: hit a snag with wallmarket.  For reason it keep crashing when I patch the kernels specifically Kernal2.bin once I figure it out i'll request this be mode to gameplay section and figure out how to release this.  So please be a little patient and throwing together a concept vid now.  Just need to fix what I mentioned and then i'll put them all together and post in the first message.

Edit: Finally fixed the issue I had so the video will come it in due time.

Edit: Fixed the issue now usable!

Edit: concept video in first post.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-20 17:17:09 by genesis063 »

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-10-23 12:53:57 »
I loved the concept video. Very well done. Work with what is available, then go from there.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-23 14:46:08 »
I hope you spell "Apocalypse" correctly before releasing.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-23 15:26:18 »
Now that was freakin awesome! Good stuff! :D

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-10-24 21:59:47 »
I hope you spell "Apocalypse" correctly before releasing.

Lol oops yeah I'll be sure to get that fixed some times my self spell checker doesn't work lol.

Now that was freakin awesome! Good stuff! :D

I loved the concept video. Very well done. Work with what is available, then go from there.

Thanks guys for the support I might try to get a good feel for animating so I can do better ones like get his Octaslash and some others but not sure when or if that might be so dont hold your breathe.  So what's next some people might ask?  Well for maybe a version two I'll try to make it so he doesn't move like in the lostwing video so he doesn't move around and get glitchy.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-24 22:05:51 by genesis063 »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #10 on: 2012-10-25 13:42:37 »
Keep it up! Great!
« Last Edit: 2012-10-26 10:35:37 by LeonhartGR »

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-10-25 21:36:18 »
While we are on the subject and fresh faces replying I'll asking this again.  Do any of you know a good program to create new animations for the models that would support the .bin or exe.  I am planning on using Gimp but it doesn't support the format for the animations and such.  I have a trial for 3dmax or something like that but it's only a 30 day trial and it might take me longer then that.  So any help on the matter would be appreciated thank you.

genesis063

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-10-27 18:45:57 »
So I was thinking of throwing together a Sephiroth bundle if I get permission from the modders that is and once the final Sephiroth patch is made.  So what do you guys think would it be a good idea?  I'll include readme with which mod is compatible with which set and that sort of stuff.

Edit: Just so you guys know it'll be quite awhile before I can do anything more with this project so hang tight i'll get content to you guys when I can.

Edit: So I just got the worst possible news.  I will not be back home for a long while.  So you guys wont get a release for a little while so please hang tight.

Edit: So I think i'm going to just release the .exe and have you guys patch it through Libre for now to tied people over till I can sit down and fully commit to this.  So much is going on right now in my personal life and half I don't know what to about.  So until then i'll be working on the script with the Sephiroth and Cloud switch and bundle the two together so stay tuned.
« Last Edit: 2012-11-18 22:21:10 by genesis063 »